Sandy Golden - Your Love Is Everything on CD?

Irish Mash

Does anybody know where I can pick up this lovely song on a compilation / CD anywhere. I've hunted around and can't see it on any obvious releases.

I don't buy into expensive collecting so happy to find it anywhere.

Any other tips for other songs available by Sandy Golden? Surely a performing name. I can't believe that a singer of this quality had such limited releases.

Was this a contracted singer performing on another label under another name?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Irish Mash said:

Does anybody know where I can pick up this lovely song on a compilation / CD anywhere. I've hunted around and can't see it on any obvious releases.

I don't buy into expensive collecting so happy to find it anywhere.

Any other tips for other songs available by Sandy Golden? Surely a performing name. I can't believe that a singer of this quality had such limited releases.

Was this a contracted singer performing on another label under another name?

been a few topics discussing both artist and 45 over the years

two busy ones  follow below 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Benji said:

Not doubting it's legit, but if they managed to find out who got the rights, Sonic Wax can sure provide some background info about the release, like who was/is Sandy Golden. How did they got hold of the backing track, etc.....

Though I did say that I do not know the provenance of this record, I have queried the legitimacy of Sonic Wax releases

with them on a previous occasion and they vehemently assured me that all their releases are totally legit.

I doubt if any one can prove otherwise, and imop ,people should be very careful in their responses.

I'm not a member of the Soul police, so I won't loose any sleep over it.

Sometimes you have to take things at face value.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

Though I did say that I do not know the provenance of this record, I have queried the legitimacy of Sonic Wax releases

with them on a previous occasion and they vehemently assured me that all their releases are totally legit.

I doubt if any one can prove otherwise, and imop ,people should be very careful in their responses.

I'm not a member of the Soul police, so I won't loose any sleep over it.

Sometimes you have to take things at face value.

As the Sonic Wax release states both sides of their release as being alternate versions one could rightly assume that the peope behind this 45 would certainly have a bit more insight as to the original recording.. Surely ??

Social source share

12 hours ago, Benji said:

Not doubting it's legit, but if they managed to find out who got the rights, Sonic Wax can sure provide some background info about the release, like who was/is Sandy Golden. How did they got hold of the backing track, etc.....

I doubt Sandy even knows Sonic Wax issued the 45 or Sonic Wax was in touch with Sandy.  If they got the rights they will be via Nate Fortier.  Either that or they simply paid a fee to the music publishing organisation, ASCAP/BMI and claim the rights holder couldn't be found.  

Neither Nate nor Sandy respond to any attempts at contact I have made.  I know Nate had health problems, stroke or something like a few years ago.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, chalky said:

I doubt Sandy even knows Sonic Wax issued the 45 or Sonic Wax was in touch with Sandy.  If they got the rights they will be via Nate Fortier.  Either that or they simply paid a fee to the music publishing organisation, ASCAP/BMI and claim the rights holder couldn't be found.  

Neither Nate nor Sandy respond to any attempts at contact I have made.  I know Nate had health problems, stroke or something like a few years ago.

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't trying to get into a controversy, by stating the availability of the 45, the "alternative version" escaped me.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't trying to get into a controversy, by stating the availability of the 45, the "alternative version" escaped me.

I haven't compared side by side, only heard the a clip of the sonic wax one, but I didn't hear anything different to the Masterpiece 45.

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

14 minutes ago, chalky said:

I haven't compared side by side, only heard the a clip of the sonic wax one, but I didn't hear anything different.

I too have just listened to the supposed alternate take of When We're Alone Tonight, and I can't hear any difference(s) ?? What are other peoples views.. can they spot any differences (on either side) ??

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, FickleFingers said:

I too have just listened to the supposed alternate take of When We're Alone Tonight, and I can't hear any difference(s) ?? What are other peoples views.. can they spot any differences (on either side) ??

To me no difference on either side what's so ever, but will leave it to the more knowledgeable...thank you...Rob.......

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!