Record Shops In Detroit

Guest Dante

Hi there,

Again, I'm sure this has been asked before, but a little bit of fresh info won't hurt nobody methinks... thumbsup.gif

So, anybody can help me with some adresses for record shops? As I said before, I'm not looking for "rare" stuff, so any good soul shop will work.

I've been told People's Records is one of the bests, anybody has the adress??

Many thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Dante

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi there,

Again, I'm sure this has been asked before, but a little bit of fresh info won't hurt nobody methinks... thumbsup.gif

So, anybody can help me with some adresses for record shops? As I said before, I'm not looking for "rare" stuff, so any good soul shop will work.

I've been told People's Records is one of the bests, anybody has the adress??

Many thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Dante

Hi Yes peoples is good place... but condition of 45s is not that good, almost all the shop dealers have john manships price book but they do not understand that the price guide is for mint 45s, almost on most 45s on the sleeves too it will state manships price and then theres, this really got to me when i was there in october and i tried to explain about the prices in the book to there knackerd 45s, although you can still pick bargins up if you look. when are you in detroit i return there early feb maybe same time we could meet up.

Social source share

Hi Yes peoples is good place... but condition of 45s is not that good, almost all the shop dealers have john manships price book but they do not understand that the price guide is for mint 45s, almost on most 45s on the sleeves too it will state manships price and then theres, this really got to me when i was there in october and i tried to explain about the prices in the book to there knackerd 45s, although you can still pick bargins up if you look. when are you in detroit i return there early feb maybe same time we could meet up.

Hi Chalky, thanks for the info. I hope Manship's book won't be a big problem for me as I'm not looking for expensive records biggrin.gif

I really don't know when exactly I'm gonna be up there. I leave Mexico on december 23th and I return on January 6th but I think I'm going to be most of the time in CHicago, I think I'm gonna be in Detroit around 26th or so...

Cheers and thanks again,

Dante

Social source share

likewise Dante..hope your well mate !!! CnC thumbsup.gif when you going ??

HI guys,

Don't know exactly the dates, but I think I'll be up there around 26th...

BTW, I'm planning to use the postal-discount card you gave me for the Motown Museum!!

Cheers y saludos, and happy holidays

Dante

Social source share

HI guys,

Don't know exactly the dates, but I think I'll be up there around 26th...

BTW, I'm planning to use the postal-discount card you gave me for the Motown Museum!!

Cheers y saludos, and happy holidays

Dante

you'll love it !! don't know when we'll be back in Mexico. Let us know when you plan to get over here. Can you PM address again, we'll send some CDs, hopefully they'll get there OK. Saludos CnC thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Dante, be sure to stop in to Hyde Park Records while in Chicago. Tons of good cheap 45s!!! Bring some Mexican 45s for me!

Do you work there?

I'm sure I'll go. In fact I send them (you) an e-mail asking about their(your) vacations...

Ok, I'll dig around here to bring you some records...

Cheers

Dante

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!