"A Clock That's Got No Hands" 78 RPM Acetate

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You Asked For It... So Here It Is Complete With Underlyin' James Bond Guitars!

Nice to hear the original version, still prefer Della's cut though, slightly more ballsy imo.

Simon

Social source share

Nice to hear the original version, still prefer Della's cut though, slightly more ballsy imo.

Simon

I dissagree,Della is the worst record i have ever heard out,i quiet like the 78 tho` shades.gif

Social source share

I dissagree,Della is the worst record i have ever heard out,i quiet like the 78 tho` shades.gif

One thing i will say is i don't think DR should ever have been played at an NS do, has nothing to do with NS imo but i do like it as a quirky leftfield pop tune.

Simon

Social source share

So Dells Reese 'A Clock Thats Got No Hands' is worse than Barbara Redd's 'I'll be All Alone' (Yeeh Haw!),The Rainbow People's 'Living In A Dream World', Muriel Days 'Nine Times Out Of Ten', Al Wilsons 'The Snake' Wigans Ovation 'Footsee', George Lemons 'Fascinating Girl' or Joe Simons 'I See Your Face' or Misturas 'The Flasher' ?? :thumbsup:

Social source share

So Dells Reese 'A Clock Thats Got No Hands' is worse than Barbara Redd's 'I'll be All Alone' (Yeeh Haw!),The Rainbow People's 'Living In A Dream World', Muriel Days 'Nine Times Out Of Ten', Al Wilsons 'The Snake' Wigans Ovation 'Footsee', George Lemons 'Fascinating Girl' or Joe Simons 'I See Your Face' or Misturas 'The Flasher' ?? :thumbsup:

About the same I reckon. I thought that other Della Reese record played about the same time was way superior, except I forgot what it's called, so forget it

Social source share

'Blow Out The Sun' ? Fab.

I don't have a copy of 'A Clock That Has No Hands' and want one, so any you have any laying around cheap Pete I'll be glad to take one off your hands. I also need a 45 of 'It Was A Very Good Year' so one of those would be good too.

Social source share

'Blow Out The Sun' ? Fab.

I don't have a copy of 'A Clock That Has No Hands' and want one, so any you have any laying around cheap Pete I'll be glad to take one off your hands. I also need a 45 of 'It Was A Very Good Year' so one of those would be good too.

Thats the one, thanks Simon. I haven't got 'clock' but I've almost certainly got the other one. I'll send it you for Xmas if I find it in time!

Social source share

Well I Guess This Line Of Post Proves Dave Rimmers Point On The Della Reese Record... You Either Love It Or You Hate It. Personally I Think Della As NS Is A Stretch But Just About Anything JR Did Was NS At It's Very Best!. IMHO.

Yeah Pete The 78 Thing Is A Wee Bother For Some But Let Me Direct To The Other Things I've Posted Up That Are In The 45 Variety: "Feels Like Lovin'", "Cryin' Towel", Audrey Freeman's "Looking For Me" oh... And Jimmy's "Baby Please" (This One Had Mad Downloads).

Cheers!

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

Well I Guess This Line Of Post Proves Dave Rimmers Point On The Della Reese Record... You Either Love It Or You Hate It. Personally I Think Della As NS Is A Stretch But Just About Anything JR Did Was NS At It's Very Best!. IMHO.

Yeah Pete The 78 Thing Is A Wee Bother For Some But Let Me Direct To The Other Things I've Posted Up That Are In The 45 Variety: "Feels Like Lovin'", "Cryin' Towel", Audrey Freeman's "Looking For Me" oh... And Jimmy's "Baby Please" (This One Had Mad Downloads).

Cheers!

Thanks for putting sound clip up mate. Not a bad version at all. Della fan tho' meself. Better dance track, more urgency etc..

Social source share