Steve S 60

Eastenders

So the BBC are currently £27m over budget for a revamp of the Eastenders set.  This will take the total budget to £87m and it'll be ready 5 years later than originally planned.  I for one don't watch this rubbish, I think the last episode I saw, Dirty Den was the landlord of the Queen Vic.  Even the wife doesn't watch it, and that's saying something.  The National Audit Office has stated the bleeding obvious by saying the project will no longer represent value for money.  Get outta my pub!

9 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Why on earth anyone would actually want to sit down without being forced at gunpoint and watch a load of idiotic cockneys shouting at and threatening each other to varying degrees is far beyond my comprehension I'm afraid.

I'm sad to say that my sister watches it religiously.  I wonder if she was adopted.

4 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Even allowing for poor cost control by the Project Manager and specification creep the NAO are justified to raise the question how a 45% budget overspend has occurred. 

Trouble is, nothing will happen apart from the over 75s losing their free TV licence to make up for somebody else's incompetence.

Some 30 odd years have now passed and still there’s no one living in Walford who owns a washer/dryer, despite the fact that they’re so cheap these days that it costs more to have them plumbed in, than to actually buy the machine!

Lololol.

And of course yes,we all realise that  E20 is a very dangerous place to live, but even if your character is killed off, there’s always a good chance that you could be brought back to life. After work had dried up for Leslie Grantham, his character Dirty Den managed to miraculously recover from his death to return to Albert Square ! It’s just a shame that they couldn’t do something similar for that German taxi driver he murdered..

Absolutely vile program......should be broadcast in black & white!

On a similar subject. Any idea (Without goggling) how much of our licence fee is handed over to Capita to pay for their enforcement officers to "enforce" licence fee`s on people who don`t/won`t pay it?

Edited by Steve Lane

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:14, Steve S 60 said:

So the BBC are currently £27m over budget for a revamp of the Eastenders set.  This will take the total budget to £87m and it'll be ready 5 years later than originally planned.  I for one don't watch this rubbish, I think the last episode I saw, Dirty Den was the landlord of the Queen Vic.  Even the wife doesn't watch it, and that's saying something.  The National Audit Office has stated the bleeding obvious by saying the project will no longer represent value for money.  Get outta my pub!

22 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

On a similar subject. Any idea (Without goggling) how much of our licence fee is handed over to Capita to pay for their enforcement officers to "enforce" licence fee`s on people who don`t/won`t pay it?

I'm thinking that there may be some 'Taking out' involved!

On 13/12/2018 at 12:14, Steve S 60 said:

Can honestly say that I've never watched a  episode in my life. It's been on in houses that I've been in so I know what it is. That and  through the sad press and media that we have today  that has made them into some sort of stars 

Steve 

On 13/12/2018 at 19:19, Steve Lane said:

The same Capita that has done so much for army recruitment?

12 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

The same Capita that has done so much for army recruitment?

One and the same Steve!

I don`t have a licence as I don`t want to pay the wages of the Savile`s and as I don`t watch BBC or Iplayer so no licence is needed. That`s the rules.

Remember all the scarymercials of the 70s/80s about TV detector vans? Not only were there only 20 of them for the whole of Britain, they didn`t really work, it was enough for people to think they did. Nowadays we are a wee bit more learned!

Edited by Steve Lane

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.