West Coast Rarity

Soulfulsolutions

A juicy cut of West Coast brilliance up for grabs!

Message any questions

Sister’s “3” – Keep off no trespassing – Mustang 101 M- OFFERS

This tiny California label is a stable mate to Baby-Luv, most notable for one of the Northern scenes most sought after 45’s, the Inticers – Since you left, written and produced by the remarkable Harold Andrews. He probably owned the label and had some interest in Mustang, MoSound and Shikari, all subsidiaries to MRM Records registered to Dell Randle of 156 Chanslor Avenue in Richmond. But thats where Harolds influence in this Golden State rarity stopped. Over to Motown’s affiliated publishing company Jobete.

This superb uptempo dancer written by Fuller Gordy and Johnny Bristol was a May 68 Tamla release for the Marvelettes, but according to the Delta number 69911 it appears to pre-date that national release putting it at Feb 68. How does that happen, maybe Mustang was established for Motowns girl groups to moonlight on?

It was played at Stafford by the pioneering Guy Hennigan, possibly under cover, way back in 1983. Its Inticers paralleling rarity is borne out by the UKs premier dealer who hasn’t seen one in 30+ years and I suggest that the few top DJs I spoke too are not familiar with it due to its obscurity and distant history. Its potential is huge in this day and age. Great flip “I need someone” too. Mint minus, plays beautifully, X on label.

Open to best offer over £500 by 8pm on Sun 16 December!

PayPal as friends or add 4% for your re-assurance, or bank transfer please.

Postage:

£8.50 – Special Delivery (Fully insured)
Overseas on Request

Edited by SoulfulSolutions
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

On 14/12/2018 at 17:59, SoulfulSolutions said:
A juicy cut of West Coast brilliance up for grabs!

Message any questions

Sister’s “3” – Keep off no trespassing – Mustang 101 M- OFFERS

Top offer currently £600

This tiny California label is a stable mate to Baby-Luv, most notable for one of the Northern scenes most sought after 45’s, the Inticers – Since you left, written and produced by the remarkable Harold Andrews. He probably owned the label and had some interest in Mustang, MoSound and Shikari, all subsidiaries to MRM Records registered to Dell Randle of 156 Chanslor Avenue in Richmond. But thats where Harolds influence in this Golden State rarity stopped. Over to Motown’s affiliated publishing company Jobete.

This superb uptempo dancer written by Fuller Gordy and Johnny Bristol was a May 68 Tamla release for the Marvelettes, but according to the Delta number 69911 it appears to pre-date that national release putting it at Feb 68. How does that happen, maybe Mustang was established for Motowns girl groups to moonlight on?

It was played at Stafford by the pioneering Guy Hennigan, possibly under cover, way back in 1983. Its Inticers paralleling rarity is borne out by the UKs premier dealer who hasn’t seen one in 30+ years and I suggest that the few top DJs I spoke too are not familiar with it due to its obscurity and distant history. Its potential is huge in this day and age. Great flip “I need someone” too. Mint minus, plays beautifully, X on label.

Open to best offer over £500 by 8pm on Sun 16 December!

PayPal as friends or add 4% for your re-assurance, or bank transfer please.

Postage:

£8.50 – Special Delivery (Fully insured)
Overseas on Request

Top tune yes a Mr hennigan spin at Stafford but a little later than 83 .more late 84. It was played uncovered  as stated extremely rare this is only the 3rd copying I've seen since guy first played it good look with the sale:-):-)

Edited by speedlimit
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!