Zoomsoulblue profile photo

Old as you feel

Freebasing Zoomsoulblue

Posted

• Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

I wonder just how many of the people washing were exhausted by being spectators?  A lot of them weren't even clapping in time with the music.  I don't remember ever seeing my parents dance, not even when I was (much) younger, but I'd have been proud if they could have been as polished in a performance as these two, even with the occasional error.

soul source url
Posted

c4381ec9-18be-49b1-8e71-589e11a15696.jpg

soul source url
Posted

Great clip. hope I can do something like this at their age not that I am too far away myself. I must admit I quite like Rockabilly. A good friend of mine Paul who I worked with for many years and still keep in touch with is a big fan and goes to many weekenders I wouldn't mind tagging along one of these days.

soul source url
Posted

See this kind of thing week in week out with my cabaret band.

The level of energy and the nuance in dance has to be witnessed to be believed, we have folks in their seventies and even eighties who have very much still got it, oh and the way they look into each others' eyes...

All very heartwarming.

Sad part is those who dance and it's clear that their partner is no longer with us, losing a life partner must be awful, lot of widows out there, they're smiling but you can see the loss in them.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Interesting that this couple in their 70's or 80's can perform to this standard, yet people 20 years their junior can't seem to construct the most rudimentary 2-Step dance at a Northern Soul nite. 🤨

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

All depends if you are blessed with Duracell batteries...

I've worked with plenty of 65 year old who have tons of strength and determination left to get a job done.

Use it before you lose it, as they say!

Ed

soul source url
Posted

Woman doing all the work as usual! 😂🙄 

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.