Rick Scott profile photo

Apple MacUsers

Freebasing Rick Scott

Posted

Any Apple Mac Users getting warnings of 3 viruses on their Macs pro-porting to be from Apple Mac protection plan? Looks very convincing But i am not aware of anything official of this nature. 

Would be interested in any info/Feedback Please, Thanks In Advance 

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

No Rick nothing here 

soul source url
Posted

Nothing here Rick...

I have 2 x Macs at home and 2 at work and no warnings at all.

soul source url
Posted
41 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Any Apple Mac Users getting warnings of 3 viruses on their Macs pro-porting to be from Apple Mac protection plan? Looks very convincing But i am not aware of anything official of this nature. 

Would be interested in any info/Feedback Please, Thanks In Advance 

Pop-up windows when browsing online? If so, ignore them completely. The purpose is to get you to download some dodgy software onto your Mac, after which your computer will be infected with malware.

Emails? Ignore and mark them as spam.

soul source url
Posted

Thanks you guys,

just as i suspected, had one saying a update was available for flash player too which i just closed down as mine is set on automatic update,

i did my own check for updates and surprise, surprise no updates available

soul source url
Posted

Rick, just had the very same a few moments ago. Inadvertently clicked one of the banner ads about a third of the way down a page when not paying attention to what my thick fingers were doing. Immediately got what you did. Infection/malware on the site itself perhaps? 

soul source url
Posted

Not good, pisses you off big time these people got nothing better to do, hope you not infected, thing is, is there any way to find out?  always assumed being an Apple Mac user you would be pretty much safe from these low lifes.

soul source url
Posted

Looks like I'm fine. Ran a full scan etc., nothing found. That's about as much as you can do really, apart from wiping everything and reverting back to factory settings. As you say, an utter pain in the ass. Probably some spotty geek sat in his bedroom getting off on how "smart" he is. Morale of the story? NEVER click on anything you don't mean to, even inadvertently!!!!!!

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.