Oh dear never mind 😂

Edited by Kegsy
  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Oh dear never mind 😂

£12 MILLION payoff.  Nice Christmas bonus.

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Theresa has appointed him Cabinet Transfers Secretary.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Bye bye oh Special One ! 

1D747CFD-EAF9-4B5F-89AD-072FC3026D77.jpeg

soul source url
Posted

Michael Carrick.  Caretaker manager until the end of the season.  

Onwards and upwards.  Glory Glory Man United 

Steve. 

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Shame he couldn't have hung on until the New Year.  Paul Pogba had drawn him in the Secret Santa.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Doesnt make sense what Sky are reporting ... Carrick caretaker manager for 48 hrs until they appoint interim manager to take over until the end of the season ..

Sounds like they need a lot better structure in place than they have now 

Edited by stevegods

soul source url
Posted

3 trophies in 3 years not enough.

There's always a replacement waiting in the wings.

Zidane?

Ed

soul source url
Posted

Gutted , he was doing a great job 😉

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted

Over £350 million spent to make the team worse.

I'm surprised Mourinho lasted this long to be honest,ok he's been successful and won a load of trophies during his career but he just comes across as so petty and spiteful with one hugely fragile ego.

He was never a good appointment for United in the first place in my opinion.

The clubs supporters deserve better frankly,they need someone with humility,dignity and a bit of class in charge of the team,the type of qualities which Mourinho is seriously lacking in ,unfortunately.  

• Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Ooops almost slipped up, wrong thread 😉

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Was never the right fit for utd. The attacking flair for which we were known was never his style. His type of management has seen its day, grateful for the trophies but even when we won them it was ordinary to watch. Need a squad clear out next, can only dream of new owners!  Who next? 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Is Fergie gonna take over till the end of season? We’d win the title!

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
16 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

I'm surprised Mourinho lasted this long to be honest,ok he's been successful and won a load of trophies during his career but he just comes across as so petty and spiteful with one hugely fragile ego.

He was never a good appointment for United in the first place in my opinion.

The clubs supporters deserve better frankly,they need someone with humility,dignity and a bit of class in charge of the team,the type of qualities which Mourinho is seriously lacking in ,unfortunately.  

I've watched United home and away and in Europe since 1972 . Mourinho wasn't fit for purpose with his style of football.  Ive said many times before that if the team played football with commitment to the shirt and club it wouldn't be the end of the world if we got beat. But this current team dont seem to me to have it. Lets see how we get on now. 

PS. Mourinho never commited to United he lived in a hotel,  never even bought a house in the area.  What does that tell you. 

Steve 

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted

Bring back Moyes🤣🤣🤣

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Since living in Australia since 2000, I’ve got up all hours, in the middle of the night to watch the games live. It was getting to the point where I’d just rather sleep. Past few weeks kept saying well thats the worst I’ve seen them play...then they’d be worse next game. The Liverpool game was a disaster. Know I’m gonna get crucified by some but they’re not that good and we should be beating them if we had a different manager. City they’re good. Pool have Henderson, lovren & milner...how can they be beating us so easily? All down to the manager.

Edited by DUFUS

soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I've watched United home and away and in Europe since 1972 . Mourinho wasn't fit for purpose with his style of football.  Ive said many times before that if the team played football with commitment to the shirt and club it wouldn't be the end of the world if we got beat. But this current team dont seem to me to have it. Lets see how we get on now. 

PS. Mourinho never commited to United he lived in a hotel,  never even bought a house in the area.  What does that tell you. 

Steve 

Very well put Steve, it was the final straw losing to arch rivals Liverpool and recently Man City with pathetic performance's on both occasions which is so unfair on the Unbelievable support Man Utd are so lucky to have had for donkeys years, I do hope the club finally get a Manager that will play all out attacking Football the supporters crave for. 

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

Alan Pardew a shoe in for the job .... 😉

soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve 

He's saving up his loyalty points for a few reward nights?

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
58 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Why didn't he just rent somewhere off Robbie Fowler ?.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
51 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Very well put Steve, it was the final straw losing to arch rivals Liverpool and recently Man City with pathetic performance's on both occasions which is so unfair on the Unbelievable support Man Utd are so lucky to have had for donkeys years, I do hope the club finally get a Manager that will play all out attacking Football the supporters crave for. 

He should have stayed around until next season to see Leeds hammer them.

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

Gutted. Agents Moyes and Van Gaal were successful enough, but Agent Mourinho was really looking like completing the job. Looks like we may have to bring Agents Pardew and Allardyce back in from the cold. 

Seriously though, keep smiling Rags. It's only football after all. (Just not as City and Liverpool play it, thats all 🙂 ). 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Soulsides said:

You mean like Alex Ferguson? 😀

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

What a shame he was doing a great job for City

soul source url
Posted

I am surprised that somebody hasn't blamed his sacking was because of Brexit

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, DUFUS said:

Since living in Australia since 2000, I’ve got up all hours, in the middle of the night to watch the games live. It was getting to the point where I’d just rather sleep. Past few weeks kept saying well thats the worst I’ve seen them play...then they’d be worse next game. The Liverpool game was a disaster. Know I’m gonna get crucified by some but they’re not that good and we should be beating them if we had a different manager. City they’re good. Pool have Henderson, lovren & milner...how can they be beating us so easily? All down to the manager.

Liverpool aren’t at their best yet , that should tell you something when you lost to them like you did. As for players , what about Fellaini, smalling , Jones etc . You’re gonna have to get that big fat cheque book out I’m afraid. 

soul source url
Posted

Looks like history post Busby is repeating itself for United.

The problem of replacing Fergie was exacerbated by the departure of David Gill at the same time and ever since there seems to have been very little structure to United. The investment banker Woodward has kept them top of the Financial table but has failed overseeing the footballing side. It is not surprising they have decided to employ a Director of Football and the reasoning behind a temporary manager until the end of the season is probably so that they can get the new structure in place first and allow the DOF to control the Manager appointment as Woodward's last three appointments have not been a success.

Anyone have a view on who is available now to take on this short term role? Not Zidane, although he would come into the equation come the summer and no one presently in a job. Probably rule out the usual merry go round trio of Pardew, Sam and Hughes.

Short term though United are a mess. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

'Gone'. That's what you get when your 'god' complex takes over.

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Dont think he is good enough neither martin tbh,think he would go down the dave moyes path and crumble 😂 its been known before that players play the manager out of his job and think this could be the case here 🤔 pochettino is my guess.baz 

4 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Dont think he is good enough neither martin tbh,think he would go down the dave moyes path and crumble 😂 its been known before that players play the manager out of his job and think this could be the case here 🤔 pochettino is my guess.baz 

soul source url
Posted

I was taking the mick Baz ... Pardew belongs in a museum with the other footballing dinosaurs that will get mentioned for every footballing job available.

soul source url
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DUFUS said:

and ur players don't care and 60 per cent r not good enough ur glory days r behing u for a few seasons who ever u get in

Edited by nz soul
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I've been a red all of my life having been born into a family of die hard reds.

I've watched them since the age of 7 and probably full time since the age of 12. That's now 51 years and in that time I've been privileged to watch some of the best football and footballers that this country has had on offer.

I've also seen some pretty dire football and unfortunately the Mourinho era will fall into this latter camp.

United fans hoped for the Mourinho that first arrived at Chelsea, unfortunately we ended up with the one that last left Chelsea.

Miserable, tactically inept, critical of players in public, arguing with the media. He had created a toxic environment and although the players will share responsibility, ultimately his manner and footballing methods ensured that those players would be less than happy in their roles despite the mega pay packets.

There are questions about the board and it is clear that they would not back Mourinho with more funds given the amounts he has lavished on average players. I'm not convinced it was his decision to buy Pogba but he may at least show some signs of the undoubted talent he has now that his nemesis has gone.

There is the outline of a good, but not great team, at present but trust needs to be given to players who can demonstrate that they have a viable future at the club. That will not include the likes of Young, Valencia, Rojo, Smalling, Jones who are either coming to the end of their careers or are simply not good enough at the level expected of being a United player. Maybe Matic could be added into that group as well.

There some very promising youth players ready to step up and for the rest of the season, which in reality is now a write off, I would like to see the temporary manager give them a chance.

Either way I can see a much happier group of players and supporters from this day on. Mourinho's time at the top level of European football is wel and truly over.

Edited by Jaco
  • Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted
7 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

£18M according to BBC a few mins ago

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, shufflin said:

Potentially up to £22.5 million , I'm sure he's 'gutted'  ...  :facepalm:

soul source url
Posted

Mucho gnashing and wailing by Man United fans. Do I Love It (indeed I do).

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
45 minutes ago, shufflin said:

Don't know if that figure covers his staff as well.  It cost Chelsea £8m to get rid of him.  Who draws these contracts up?

soul source url
Posted
11 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Don't know if that figure covers his staff as well.  It cost Chelsea £8m to get rid of him.  Who draws these contracts up?

No idea , but I'd like his address if you find out ... :shades:

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Its 99% sure 99% of mangers will get sacked in under 4 seasons.

Even my team rovrum have been financially castrated by the departure of Neal Redfearn and Alan Stubbs.

I've no idea why the golden goodbye is so lucrative, but it is eye-watering the higher the profile of the manager.

United 's share price rose nearly 6% today, which more than covered the peanuts it cost to say goodbye to JM.

Everything is relative, as they say!

Ed

soul source url
Posted
21 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

United 's share price rose nearly 6% today, which more than covered the peanuts it cost to say goodbye to JM.

that's the world we live in, it's almost worth doing everything you can to get sacked without breaking your contract, call me a cynic

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Just to put this into perspective ( I'm not a football fan by the way) but my pal Ged is ( was) Jose's personal driver until today. 

Now he's redundant unless MU keep him on to drive the new guy ( probably not don't you think based on his close working relationship to Jose).

I got a few people on here signed photos of Jose, so you know this is true!!

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
8 hours ago, Joey said:

Seriously though, keep smiling Rags. It's only football after all. (Just not as City and Liverpool play it, thats all 🙂 ). 

Rather not than be mentioned in the company of those two teams. Bitters and bin dippers. Form is temporary but class is permanent something that city n the scousers will never have or understand. 

Steve 

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, baz1 said:

I'd be very surprised if Poch left a great team like Spurs to join that ramshackle outfit....but then again this is football!

soul source url
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JulianB said:

I got a few people on here signed photos of Jose, so you know this is true!!

Surely you mean sold.😀

Edited by Kegsy

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Soul-Slider said:

I'd be very surprised if Poch left a great team like Spurs to join that ramshackle outfit....but then again this is football!

The biggest club in the country and richest in the world have more shout than most when it comes down to it. He has never won anything at spurs and never managed a big club so its all speculation that he,s the one. Current bookies favourite though i believe.  Not a gambler so its only what ive heard on local radio 

Steve 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Just heard that United's  value has gone up $150 million on New York stock exchange since Mourinho sacking this morning  . OMG . Thats a obscene amount of money. apparently they value the club at 2.5 billion which is down from 3.1 billion in August. 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just heard that United's  value has gone up $150 million on New York stock exchange since Mourinho sacking this morning  . OMG . Thats a obscene amount of money. apparently they value the club at 2.5 billion which is down from 3.1 billion in August. 

Steve 

And that’s all the Glazers care about..money. Been draining our club for years. They hired the managers since SAF, they put Woodward in charge, they are to blame for where we are now. Doesn’t matter who comes in, they will always be chasing the $ not the silverware. Have read Solskjaer favourite to come in till end of season..failed at Cardiff but would love to see him in the dugout...would have us playing the way we should. Bruce would make the players play to their strengths and bring bit of joy back..but would it be enough with half the team not good enough to play for the jersey. Put some of the kids in.. Chong, Gomes.. couldn’t be worse than Herrera! 

Edited by DUFUS
  • Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Rather not than be mentioned in the company of those two teams. Bitters and bin dippers. Form is temporary but class is permanent something that city n the scousers will never have or understand. 

Steve 

Now, now, only a bit of joshing😂 However.......

Class? Really? I'll give you the (relatively recent in the great scheme of things) success. You had lots of it, and credit where credit's due. Some great football played. But class? No way. I'll not go into the sordid and messy details from the Edwards years, (both father AND son) as everyone knows about them. The last person in that organisation with class was Sir Matt.....and remember, HE WAS A BLUE!!!!! 😂

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Joey said:

Now, now, only a bit of joshing😂 However.......

Class? Really? I'll give you the (relatively recent in the great scheme of things) success. You had lots of it, and credit where credit's due. Some great football played. But class? No way. I'll not go into the sordid and messy details from the Edwards years, (both father AND son) as everyone knows about them. The last person in that organisation with class was Sir Matt.....and remember, HE WAS A BLUE!!!!! 😂

Is that like kiddo was a red. I know how bent the Edwards family where, 

I was on about the fans who have been there through thick and thin . Best supported team home and away since at least 74, don't think that there's been a year since when we havent been. But someone will know  despite getting ripped off by the club for years well before these rip off yanks took over. Season 99/2000 we had to buy our season ticket even before the 99 treble  season had ended. So the club got nearly 3 months extra interest on the season ticket money. I was going to go to Rio for the world club cup final fiasco but you could only get tickets through the club and only if you booked the trip through them. Price £2300. RIP OFF United again. Didn't go. So I know what they're like. 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted

I'd love it if Neil Warnock got the job.

I've seen first hand what he can do with a bunch of average players!

Failing that, give Mark Hughes a chance.

Ed

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.