Kegsy

Mourinho Gone

9 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

I'd love it if Neil Warnock got the job.

I've seen first hand what he can do with a bunch of average players!

Failing that, give Mark Hughes a chance.

Ed

Mark Hughes.  Ive got more chance than he has. Great player for us but tainted as a manager when went across to the blues. 

Steve 

13 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Is that like kiddo was a red. I know how bent the Edwards family where, 

I was on about the fans who have been there through thick and thin . Best supported team home and away since at least 74, don't think that there's been a year since when we havent been. But someone will know  despite getting ripped off by the club for years well before these rip off yanks took over. Season 99/2000 we had to buy our season ticket even before the 99 treble  season had ended. So the club got nearly 3 months extra interest on the season ticket money. I was going to go to Rio for the world club cup final fiasco but you could only get tickets through the club and only if you booked the trip through them. Price £2300. RIP OFF United again. Didn't go. So I know what they're like. 

Steve 

Grew up in the very early sixties, with reds as pals and relatives. My dad took me to OT most weeks to see "our Dennis" when City were  playing away. Most don't realise that many people in Manchester supported both clubs, especially after 58. Or at least had a soft spot for our little cousins in Trafford. What happened later, with the tragedy being used as a commercial thing, really soured feelings. Factor in BOTH the Edwards's and Maurice Watkins amongst others, and what they cynically did to the club, and its fans, and you can probably understand why many Mancs see a very definite lack of class there. Used to be an excellent expose online, written by Utd fans, but it's now disappeared. Some of the outright criminality is incredible. 

Nothing against Rags, save for 180 minutes a season, that is. I remember the fans suffering in the 70's, much as we did in the 80's and 90's. 

The amount of money swilling around OT means that sooner or later they'll be challenging again. As long as the board pick the right man, and he picks the right signings. More interesting is seeing how the current players respond and perform in this seasons remaining games. A case of what happened at Chelsea a few years ago possibly repeating itself? Player power in evidence? 

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Form is temporary but class is permanent something that city n the scousers will never have or understand. 

Steve 

What a load of twaddle to say the least . 

Man U have had no class since Fergie left .. 

City have played some of the best football I’ve seen in years .. and Liverpool are finally starting to look like a team that can keep a clean sheet whilst also scoring . Whilst you can be assured that Potch’ will try his best to keep Spurs moving forward to a new stadium and improve the squad . 

The fact is that this game we all love has changed ... changed totally , and it’s not the game most of us where brought up with. Very few players play for the shirt or know the real history behind the club. 

Man U may well now have to suffer the same wilderness years as we did (L’pool). The premiership may well be dominated by City and it’s huge financal backing for some considerable time.

Leicester City gave all of the Premiership clubs some hope that strange things can happen ... but was that a 1-4000 chance. 

Whoever United now choose to replace the so called Special One , they won’t have an easy job to turn this round and the board better be prepared to dig deep because it’s not going to be an easy ride that’s for sure. But we have all seen how player power can have an effect and as long as they bring in someone that can manage the dressing room egos as well as the media then Utd can still maybe hold on to 6th ... Europe will be the aim but I’m not sure that will happen this season . 

Edited by stevegods

Ferguson is partly to blame as he left the club in a timewarp. His autocratic style of management left the club in an unstable position where it still sits with robber-owners, inept management and second rate players. United need a spell in a lower division to sort things out. At least we won’t have to put up with the ego of the Special One anymore.

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

The biggest club in the country and richest in the world have more shout than most when it comes down to it. He has never won anything at spurs and never managed a big club so its all speculation that he,s the one. Current bookies favourite though i believe.  Not a gambler so its only what ive heard on local radio 

Steve 

It’s going to be a gamble whoever you get , biggest this or that , you still have to have all the right ingredients and Utd are all at sea. Afraid it’s not gonna be like it was once before just like us Liverpool fans had to get used to it , Ferguson was a great manager but went on a couple of seasons too long and didn’t find suitable replacements for scholes and giggs he would have done if he were younger and probably would have had them as part of his recruiting staff etc . Anyway it does make it more interesting for neutrals to see a 2-3 -4 horse race . 

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Watkins.  He's was the club solicitor that was behind the attempted sell off to that knighton fiasco.  When Eric kung fu kicked that prick at palace  he represented Eric in court,  no wonder he got done . 

Steve 

Tell you what ,that prick at palace connected a right hander on Eric though lol 

15 minutes ago, Colnago said:

It’s going to be a gamble whoever you get , biggest this or that , you still have to have all the right ingredients and Utd are all at sea. Afraid it’s not gonna be like it was once before just like us Liverpool fans had to get used to it , Ferguson was a great manager but went on a couple of seasons too long and didn’t find suitable replacements for scholes and giggs he would have done if he were younger and probably would have had them as part of his recruiting staff etc . Anyway it does make it more interesting for neutrals to see a 2-3 -4 horse race . 

I know that what happened with Fergie and know that will never happen again but my main  beef is the lack of passion and pride shown by the player's they're all mercenaries.  I would have played for nothing for United like you would have done for lfc. Just like any fan would for their club. The club like every club just wants to make as much money out of every fan as they can. Just that my team are worse than any other at it.

This is my last comment on football again because of the respect to Mike and this site . I said this a few years ago and fell back. 

Steve 

Oli Gunnar - really ? 

Whoever is in charge of things they still keep making mistakes. Putting up posts before official announcements and then deleating them . 

If you wanted an ex player in there why not Eric C ... I’d love to be watching his press conferences before and after games. 

Utd season is going to be a long one now I think. I just hope they don’t turn into Cardiff ( sorry Cardiff fans ) .. or do I ? 

Edited by stevegods

Unlikely Oli can do a turnaround in 6 months. 

No disrespect but it needs a manager with motivational ability, and at Cardiff he did not show that.

Jose used to have it, Klopp and Pep do have it.

How about Stevie G?

Doing wonders up north with a set of average players, and it would please Liverpool to see the hatchet is buried :)

Ed

9 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

No disrespect but it needs a manager with motivational ability, and at Cardiff he did not show that.

How about Stevie G?

Doing wonders up north with a set of average players, and it would please Liverpool to see the hatchet is buried :)

Ed

More chance of Pep going to Real Madrid !

For a fellow Rovrum fan maybe they should give the job to Pep doppelganger Paul Warne 😃

34 minutes ago, shinehead said:

More chance of Pep going to Real Madrid !

For a fellow Rovrum fan maybe they should give the job to Pep doppelganger Paul Warne 😃

Warniola?

Could be a contender for a few clubs if he keeps us up!

Hope he has more loyalty than Brecks and Robbins after a period of relative success..

Ed

16 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

The biggest club in the country and richest in the world have more shout than most when it comes down to it. He has never won anything at spurs and never managed a big club so its all speculation that he,s the one. Current bookies favourite though i believe.  Not a gambler so its only what ive heard on local radio 

Steve 

So Spurs aren't a big club? I beg to differ.

Winsford, I know what you're saying mate, Man U are one of the biggest clubs in the world and OK I admit bigger than Spurs, and that's what is giving them the right to lord it over us by saying they want Poch. Infuriating!

3 hours ago, tomangoes said:

How about Stevie G?

Ed

If he ever turned up at OT for the job I know exactly where the hatchet would get buried:facepalm:

30 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Who would have thought a repeat of 1999, And Solskjaer Has Won It.....ok just the caretaker's Job this time...:) :hatsoff2: 

That was the Champions League this is the Poisoned Challis . 👍  

Is it a sign of how the mighty have fallen that they have to loan a manager from the Norwegian League, status somewhere between Championship and League 1. Would have been better to have put Mike Phelan in temporary charge.

This season could get worse for United yet... 

10 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

Is it a sign of how the mighty have fallen that they have to loan a manager from the Norwegian League, status somewhere between Championship and League 1. Would have been better to have put Mike Phelan in temporary charge.

This season could get worse for United yet... 

'how the mighty have fallen'

Liverpool haven't won the League for 30 years and won 1 League cup in the past 10, City's derby game used to be against Macclesfield in Division 3 not that long ago until they won the lottery, 60 years since Spurs won the League!!!

There's 'fallen' and then there's  dropped off a cliff.:lol:

Edited by chatty

More to the bad results on the pitch going on at United , the powers that be should take some blame too , who I their right mind sanctions the wage Sanchez is on which then sets a precedent for anymore wage negotiations.

Mourinho  said this week that Fellaini is the 3rd highest wage earner wtf they also gave new contracts to players who are over the hill who's contracts should have just run down.

Mourinho signed a new long term contract in the summer then they failed to back him with the players he wanted , strange.

I suppose it could be said they did not trust him with more money with his poor buy record at United but if that's the case why give him a new contract which will now cost them dear .

1 hour ago, chatty said:

'how the mighty have fallen'

Liverpool haven't won the League for 30 years and won 1 League cup in the past 10, City's derby game used to be against Macclesfield in Division 3 not that long ago until they won the lottery, 60 years since Spurs won the League!!!

There's 'fallen' and then there's  dropped off a cliff.:lol:

Oh love it! So true, won more last year than most clubs but still a crisis, not far off top four but still a crisis..set the standard too high by being the best team in England for 20 years.

Glazers are awful but at least they’re not corrupt Russians in cahoots with a murderous dictator like Putin or greasy oil Barron’s who deliberately avoid Finacial Fair Play rules by exaggerating sponsors money. May not like Pool but they at least play fair..off pitch at least. 

Edited by DUFUS

lets spare a thought for all the mancunians i have met over the years who i consider to be my  friends     some at station road ,some at the Ritz ,in later years some at the hac  it cant be easy guys  liverpool top  of the pile ,Citeh  playing the best football ever and Leeds are coming back to the top table !!!!        lets pick a tune that sums it up 

https://youtu.be/5DmO6JWoyqM

M O T 

Have a great day x

36 minutes ago, martin l said:

lets spare a thought for all the mancunians i have met over the years who i consider to be my  friends     some at station road ,some at the Ritz ,in later years some at the hac  it cant be easy guys  liverpool top  of the pile ,Citeh  playing the best football ever and Leeds are coming back to the top table !!!!        lets pick a tune that sums it up 

https://youtu.be/5DmO6JWoyqM

M O T 

Have a great day x

It is pretty easy seeing Liverpool top cos they’re not gonna be there come the end of the season..they will “slip up”...just like every year for the past....

leeds..who the hell cares about them!

city.. great football, great coach..corrupt to the core.

Edited by DUFUS

Mourhino is everything about the modern game that stinks. Disgusting attitude littered with bullshit excuses that only someone of equally low intellect and self respect would find any validity in. Glad to see the back of him so I can finally restore some confidence in backing MU. Was nailed on they'd win at Cardiff who'd lost 10 of the 11 matches they'd played versus the top half already. £ 571.50 banked, but I shouldn't have had to wait that long to get back on them again.

The media focus will now be on which team wins the premier league and if any English team wins the champions league.

If City win neither will the Manager be gone in May?

How long will Klopp get to win something?

The modern game as previously quoted, has created the monster that brings the unrealistic expectations of football club owners who treat it with contempt.

Jose will be at another 'big club' very soon as the cv still stays impressive despite a ' relative bad start' to one season.

2 full seasons, 2 cups, runner up in league last season, knock out stages still of champions league, and until a few months ago, in the top 2 most valuable clubs in the world.

It should be made compulsory that clubs have to be owned by fans with no shareholder having more than 1%

That would see wages drop, corruption end, and fair play restored.

Of course bigger clubs would still have an advantage over smaller clubs, but the difference would be nowhere near what it's now with these tax fiddle owners in the game now.

Ed

I reckon I could have got Man U playing better attractive attacking football to what José had them playing.  His method are outdated.  Where he was once an innovative coach he is now a dinosaur who simply parks the bus and restricts players freedom to do what they do best.

But don't get carried away, Man U yesterday only did what is expected of them with the players they have and the money they spent, it is only Cardiff not one of the top 6.

As for Klopp, not sure how anyone can question what he is doing and how long will he get?  He has Liverpool I a position they have not enjoyed for a long time, challenging for trophies, top of the league playing so0me of the most exciting football of any team.

The magic formulae....play attractive football and win trophies regularly.... 

Seems impossible. Which is the most important?

I'm sure Liverpool fans will keep the faith with Klopp if they are runners up year after year in the premier league and lose in cup finals, because they play exciting football.

However, it's the owners who decide the fate, and will second best be good enough?

Will City stick with Pep if he can't win the Champions League this year?

Arsenal finally got shut of Arse. Chelsea bagged Conte. Premier league titles not quite enough anymore?

Spurs have been loyal to their Manager even though they always seem to fail at the last hurdle, so I guess it's not always inevitable failure brings a p45.

It's just spoiling the beautiful game imo.

Ed

4 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

I'm sure Liverpool fans will keep the faith with Klopp if they are runners up year after year in the premier league and lose in cup finals, because they play exciting football.

However, it's the owners who decide the fate, and will second best be good enough?

Arsenal finally got shut of Arse. Chelsea bagged Conte. Premier league titles not quite enough anymore?

Spurs have been loyal to their Manager even though they always seem to fail at the last hurdle, so I guess it's not always inevitable failure brings a p45.

Ed

I think they will stick with them, who do you replace them with?  I don't see many better.  I don't personally think trophies matter so much with owners as long as they are in the top four and in the champions league and make it through the group stages.

Man U were out of the top four and sliding, their shares on the stock market (30% I read down since August) were getting hit and another year out of the champions league would have been unthinkable.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:43, JulianB said:

Just to put this into perspective ( I'm not a football fan by the way) but my pal Ged is ( was) Jose's personal driver until today. 

Now he's redundant unless MU keep him on to drive the new guy ( probably not don't you think based on his close working relationship to Jose).

I got a few people on here signed photos of Jose, so you know this is true!!

Good news for my mate. He has a contract until 2020 ( so he'll be working or being fully paid up if they make him redundant). However, I noticed it wasn't him who drove Solskjaer to the training ground the other morning.

Jose bought him a Crombie overcoat for Christmas before he left

2 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Ed

Both Liverpool and City will stick with the managers regardless of trophies this season , because like chalky says who better than those two ?

Liverpool have made real progress season on season with Klopp and it is only a matter of time before a trophy comes their way ,and either Liverpool or City are going to win the League this season so one of those managers will not be pot less this season.

City have also made progress under Pep , bit of a blip at the moment but still in the hunt for four trophies , as for the Champions League got to be a major goal for the owners but they do not seem over preoccupied with it.

As for the rest Spurs will always fail at the last hurdle because of lack of investment in the squad a great 12 or 13 but after that a struggle to maintain a challenge in the League with a squad of that depth.

Chelsea will always sack managers even when success came their way,  a following season dip always meant the bullet to the manager regardless of any success, only thing I can say in their favour is that scatter gun approach has surprisingly fetched success.  

Let's get to what I believe is the most important issue, atmosphere. Given the choice, who would you want to work for and be prepared to give your best? Jurgen, Pep, Poch, or a man that even if he battered those managers teams 4-0 would still likely come across as miserable as shit and look for someone to criticise [most likely an official] which would likely be unjustifiable. It doesn't matter what the occupation is, respect should filter down from the top, Mourinho appears to have very little for anyone given the general demeanor he's displayed for the last few years.

Well Jose has been the same way for a long time. Why then is he employed in a role where clearly many folks do not think he is well suited?

Owners crave success at any cost, that's why, and it's only a matter of time before he lands another plum job.

Nice guys? Hodgson did not last at Liverpool.

Passionate guys? Phil Brown went downhill after a spell in the big league.

Football maestros? Venger and Arsenal ' most of the times' were like watching Barcelona.

It's just a merry go round, and owners are the ones who don't care less about anything other than trophies.

I went to see rovrum get kicked 4 nowt yesterday by a team worth 50 times more than ours, and still thought we did enough to be proud of the effort we gave.

Our owner is a realist. Warniola is the best we can hope for, the players the best we can attract, and fans that expect the good the bad and the ugly during a season.

If Pep wins nothing this season, he will be replaced.

Not sure about Klopp. Salah and or Mane go to a big club and Liverpool go back to mid table. Klopp may walk anyway.

All I want for Xmas is 12 points out of the next 5 games. Ok, I will take 10 right now:)

UTM..

Ed

The president of Madrid said Jose was his own worst enemy and did the same there he has done at Man U, upset too many players, Casillas one that springs to mind.  He had so many controversial moments there, the ear flicking thing with Pep etc.  

His play is so negative as we saw at Utd and his attitude was so negative constantly criticising players in public which shouldn't be done, no wonder they (shamefully) stopped playing for him.  I'm surprised the Utd board let the toxic atmosphere carry on for so long.

5 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Not sure about Klopp. Salah and or Mane go to a big club and Liverpool go back to mid table. Klopp may walk anyway.

UTM..

Ed

They said Liverpool wouldn't be the same after Coutinho left for Barc but they have actually improved.  They have also improved at the back with the keeper and Van Dyk, they also have some strength in depth which they didn't have last year.

It will be a fascinating end to the season though for a change.

As OGS said nothing his history quicker than a football match.

Jose's win ratio this year is just 41% and United's points tally is the lowest for many a season.

In the 99/01 season united average points per game was 2.4, under Jose this season just 1.5. Only four clubs have conceded more goals than Man Utd in the Premier League this season: Fulham (43), Cardiff, Burnley (both 33) and Southampton (32). 

In September the share price of Untied was over $26, when Jose was sacked it was down to just over $17, millions wiped off the share price, something the owners will have been paying particular attention too, especially considering the massive debt United still have that needs servicing.  No Champions League football is another multi million pound loss to a club like United, they were struggling by the looks of it under Jose to even qualify for the Europa cup.

Edited by chalky

Even if United had scored this spectacular effort @ 1.50+ Mourinho would still be miserable. One of the most ridiculous goals you will ever see, the first goal is also interesting. Argentine Primera.

Edited by Martin S

2 hours ago, daved said:

Now if we're talking about great goals, it won't get better than this during the season. Up the Palace 😀

Fantastic strike.  Every budding young footballer should watch and study this.  The technique, composure.  It was effortless.

Three games gone - 12 goals for and three against .

Yes Utd still look a bit weak at the back but what a difference going forward ... pace - width - freedom to play . 

Was it all down to style of play and what Jose wanted players to do .. or did players give up on him ? 

Either way .. Rashford and Co look a different team , Sanchez anyone . 

55 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Three games gone - 12 goals for and three against .

Yes Utd still look a bit weak at the back but what a difference going forward ... pace - width - freedom to play . 

Was it all down to style of play and what Jose wanted players to do .. or did players give up on him ? 

Either way .. Rashford and Co look a different team , Sanchez anyone . 

Bit of both if you ask me, the style of Jose isn't attacking football and I think his abrasive style and regular public criticism of his players had a negative effect. I reckon any other manager would have done better with those players

If you look at the timing of Mourinho's dismissal on the 18th December, it coincided with threats from multiple traders in the Guildford area, that if his reign continued beyond the 20th they would be placed in a position of having to return thousands of Manchester United kits following no interest in sales leading up to xmas, thus also running the risk of going out of business.

8 hours ago, Martin S said:

If you look at the timing of Mourinho's dismissal on the 18th December, it coincided with threats from multiple traders in the Guildford area, that if his reign continued beyond the 20th they would be placed in a position of having to return thousands of Manchester United kits following no interest in sales leading up to xmas, thus also running the risk of going out of business.

😆

Not often I watch a Man U match these days [not surprising is it given the last few years of dross] but I decided to last night especially as I had a fourth consecutive wager on them. It wasn't exactly an inspiring performance was it? Gift for the second goal. I can't help thinking that when they come up against better opposition it might be back to square one again. 

Whilst on the subject of football, I must say how impressed I am by the plans for Brighton's proposed ground extension:

Image result for images for deck chairs rows

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.