Flamingemeralds's profile photo

Room 101 What would you put in it and why?

Freebasing Flamingemeralds

Posted
On 20/12/2018 at 16:40, Colnago said:

Biscuit wrappers I can’t open without a fucking machete! Add to that cd wrappers , then it clings to your hand when you’ve got it off ffs !

I'm completely with you on the CD wrappers. In fact all sorts of packaging drives me nuts. I ordered some teeny batteries for a lighty uppy Christmas decoration and it took me fifteen minutes to get three of them out of the packaging and THAT includes using a knife and scissors!!   Room 101!!!! 

• Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, solidsoul said:

Whos going to buy a hat without needing to see what it looks like on!

Believe me, there's plenty, unless they were deliberately going for the "twat in a hat" look.

soul source url
Posted
48 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Believe me, there's plenty, unless they were deliberately going for the "twat in a hat" look.

Oi...

Don't call me names! :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted

REMAINERS who can't accept the referendum vote..... Oops sorry, wrong thread. 😎

• Up vote 6

soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tai-Pan said:

REMAINERS who can't accept the referendum vote..... Oops sorry, wrong thread. 😎

Read this half expecting you to nominate Kegsy's thread for room 101!

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Hmmm, tempting but can't do that mate, it's just not cricket...... oh screw it, in he goes!!!  Sshhhhh don't tell him whatever you do!! 😆 👍

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Big knickers

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Tony Blair and his missus

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
Just now, Martin Phillips said:

Tony Blair and his missus

......and offspring.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve S 60 said:

......and offspring.

And cronies

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Barre Chords 🙄 my hands hurt 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
On 19/12/2018 at 09:43, mike said:

2 posts dropped

can we drop the 'political' based posts as we do have a 'serious' forum thats members only and set up for such 

best use that for political discussion and use this one for the not so serious/political

thanks

mike

soul source url
Posted

The phrase "My bad". If you mean "My mistake", why not take the extra few milliseconds it takes to type "mistake" instead of giving the impression of a three year old trying to get to grips with the language.

• Up vote 7

soul source url
Posted

Following on from the above let's go for every tv show 'americanism' that has managed to float across the water which left half our population sounding like some advert for couch potatoe 'living in amaerica'.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mark S said:

Barre Chords 🙄 my hands hurt 

There's a problem with this for a lot of guitarists who struggle with barre chords when first learning them,Mark.

It's often just a case  too much stiffness and tension that causes this or the playing position the guitar is in so a good tip is to try to relax your wrist and roll it down a little ,you may also find lowering your elbow slightly when your fretting the chords will help too.

Also,don't bother with any of those Gripmaster exercise tools that are supposedly designed for guitarists for developing strength in the fingers as they're not particularly anything special,you'll be much better off just picking up your instrument and playing it on a daily basis to be honest. 

It's always a bit of a slog for more or less everyone when starting out so just take your time and it will become easier and feel more natural to have your hands in those positions the more that you progress with your  playing.

Edited by Soulsides
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

People who clap when the plane lands,what do they expect !

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, smudger said:

Preferable to people who crap when the plane lands.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, smudger said:

You’ve obviously never flown Ryanair then!

soul source url
Posted (edited)

The over used word like "LIKE" ..... like. Know what I mean, like?

Just edited, like.

Edited by Tai-Pan

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Soulsides said:

There's a problem with this for a lot of guitarists who struggle with barre chords when first learning them,Mark.

It's often just a case  too much stiffness and tension that causes this or the playing position the guitar is in so a good tip is to try to relax your wrist and roll it down a little ,you may also find lowering your elbow slightly when your fretting the chords will help too.

Also,don't bother with any of those Gripmaster exercise tools that are supposedly designed for guitarists for developing strength in the fingers as they're not particularly anything special,you'll be much better off just picking up your instrument and playing it on a daily basis to be honest. 

It's always a bit of a slog for more or less everyone when starting out so just take your time and it will become easier and feel more natural to have your hands in those positions the more that you progress with your  playing.

Old arthritic fingers I have taken up the guitar a few years ago as therapy it helps and is great fun and I have learned to  adapt chords and shapes .

Just recently have bought a tenor guitar only four strings tuned DGBE that helps a lot also have a slim necked parlour guitar . 

Thanks for the tips though it all helps 

20180829_144446.jpg

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

button up flies on jeans - why?   the modern zip was invented in 1913...

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
54 minutes ago, bbrich said:

Exactly.

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, bbrich said:

Painful childhood memories of catching one's foreskin in a zip fly would answer that one.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

people who moan about irrelevant percieved  inconveniances in theire life when they  belong to  probably the most fortunate generation in history ,living in a very wealthy safe country ..my brother being first to be binned.........

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Painful childhood memories of catching one's foreskin in a zip fly would answer that one.

that memory has just ruined my morning thank you.  

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

The person who thought it would be a good idea to park the nose of their 4 x 4 two inches behind my car boot, despite there being dozens of other parking spaces.  It's a supermarket car park.  There's a good chance that people parked there may require access to the boot of their car.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Steve S 60 said:

The person who thought it would be a good idea to park the nose of their 4 x 4 two inches behind my car boot, despite there being dozens of other parking spaces.  It's a supermarket car park.  There's a good chance that people parked there may require access to the boot of their car.

Just seen 3 pricks who parked there cars in the middle of two parking spacers. . Wish I would have had a pen and paper,  they would have been left a lovely note on their windscreen. Absolute knobs. Room 101 definitely 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted

101 threads that attract  predominatley, perhaps exclusively, male contibutors aged beteween 50 and 70 years old ..... and oh no!!!!!!!!!! ive become one of you by posting .....room 101 awaits .....

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

certain ex footballer(s) Who are now know it alls Who CAN"T speak the Queens English...Example (Feel Free To Add Your Own) There's Lots of them I can think of, "e edded The BOWL Across the Gowl Area WIV Is Left foot and scored a glorious Gawl

soul source url
Posted

Award shows of all kinds, celebrity chefs, celebrity mastermind, celebrity masterchef, I'm a celebrity get me out of here, reality TV, give me surreality any day, I like escapism, not dicks pretending to be important.

• Up vote 7

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Award shows of all kinds, celebrity chefs, celebrity mastermind, celebrity masterchef, I'm a celebrity get me out of here, reality TV, give me surreality any day, I like escapism, not dicks pretending to be important.

Brilliant Dave , new years resolution for 2019 and beyond "Avoid reality " 😀

Dance competitions and the phrase going forward

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Mark S said:

Brilliant Dave , new years resolution for 2019 and beyond "Avoid reality " 😀

Dance competitions and the phrase going forward

Avoiding reality is a lifestyle I've been working on for years, anyone for Absinthe and mescalin?

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
On 23/12/2018 at 15:43, Mark S said:

Old arthritic fingers I have taken up the guitar a few years ago as therapy it helps and is great fun and I have learned to  adapt chords and shapes .

Just recently have bought a tenor guitar only four strings tuned DGBE that helps a lot also have a slim necked parlour guitar . 

Thanks for the tips though it all helps 

20180829_144446.jpg

That's Real nice, Didn't know such a thing Existed, Rick 

• Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Larysa Switlyk with an angry stag.

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Karen Wheeldon said:

Larysa Switlyk with an angry stag.

Is that some kind of code or newspeak? Me no understand.

soul source url
Posted

room 101 at xmas -

bad parents who do not clothe or feed their kids, never mind buy them nice presents

drunks who can't behave

partners who abuse their partners

people who refuse to give to charity on 'principle'

sprouts unless covered in garlic and bacon

merry xmas

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
16 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Is that some kind of code or newspeak? Me no understand.

Dave. I think this is the American woman hunter that's been trophy shooting in Scotland,  not sure

Steve 

soul source url
Posted
29 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. I think this is the American woman hunter that's been trophy shooting in Scotland,  not sure

Steve 

I'm too arseholed to google it, but I hope she dies slowly and very painfully if she is hunting.  There'll come a day soon when someone will take her out, a car bomb, letter bomb or just a baseball bat in a dark alley, I'd like to get a hold of her pepper grinder, she'd wish she'd died quickly if I did.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

I kid you not with this, when I was a kid the son of the landlord of the local pub got his foreskin well and truly caught in his zip, it must have been a slack day (no pun intended) when his dad phoned the fire brigade for advice they offered to help, no sooner had the fire engine parked up than us kids were there to see what had happened , no smoke, no hoses, first bloke out of the pub was asked what's happening for us to be told young Johns got his cock caught in his fly. needless to say it was a few days before said young John showed his face though to be fair once he showed us the scars our laughter soon turned to sympathy, I've been very careful ever since that day.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

I kid you not with this, when I was a kid the son of the landlord of the local pub got his foreskin well and truly caught in his zip, it must have been a slack day (no pun intended) when his dad phoned the fire brigade for advice they offered to help, no sooner had the fire engine parked up than us kids were there to see what had happened , no smoke, no hoses, first bloke out of the pub was asked what's happening for us to be told young Johns got his cock caught in his fly. needless to say it was a few days before said young John showed his face though to be fair once he showed us the scars our laughter soon turned to sympathy, I've been very careful ever since that day.

Dave.  When I was between women and living at my mate house.  They had a downstairs toilet and whenever we had been out on the lash my mate would stagger to the toilet and just sit down for a pee and fall asleep anyway one night he did this and unbeknown to me the toilet seat was cracked at the front so as my mate sat down the crack opened up,  he fell asleep  then his wife asked me to give her a lift to get him off the toilet,  as we lifted him up the crack closed on his Dick, man did he wake up. We're lifting him up saying higher, higher and he's screaming lower, lower. It was funny as fcuk,  still Laughing about it now 20 odd years later 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted (edited)

In true Grinch spirit any record that begins with a preamble of the singer talking about anything in a very deep and presumably profound way. Get on with it for goodness sake I'm only listening for the music, why do I care what you think about pink tutus on polar bears  😉

Brought on by Troy Keyes - If I Had My Way

Edited by Steve C

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Nine times out of ten I would throw Murial Day in room 101, but the one time .....

Edited by theothertosspot
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, theothertosspot said:

Nine times out of ten I would throw Murial Day in room 101, but the one time .....

Very good.  🤣

Brings back memories of some people that I've not seen for  40 years 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
40 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Very good.  🤣

Brings back memories of some people that I've not seen for  40 years 

Steve 

There could be a very good reason that you haven't seen 'em for 40 years tho'.:g:

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
18 minutes ago, jmuir said:

There could be a very good reason that you haven't seen 'em for 40 years tho'.:g:

🤣 🤣

They where girls then and wouldn't know any different . Hat, coat, door Bye :wave:

Steve 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

🤣 🤣

They where girls then and wouldn't know any different . Hat, coat, door Bye :wave:

Steve 

Why bother with the "Bye".....😉

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
13 minutes ago, jmuir said:

Why bother with the "Bye".....😉

Because it was going to be my last post for the evening before I go and play out at Bury nighter.  :D

Steve 

soul source url
Posted
On 20/12/2018 at 12:29, Martin Phillips said:

The Strictly come dancing contestants,the panel of judges and the presenters and the audience of synchronised clappers!!!

Called 'canned laughter's, an American idea I think

soul source url
Posted

Indicators on cars, as nobody seems to use them these days ! 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bossfourpart1 said:

Indicators on cars, as nobody seems to use them these days ! 

Only on them bloody German cars matey!😉

Oh & I forgot............. cyclists.😉

Edited by jmuir
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Guest\