Flamingemeralds profile photo

Room 101 What would you put in it and why?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jmuir said:

Edited by jmuir

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, theothertosspot said:

Nine times out of ten I would throw Murial Day in room 101, but the one time .....

And any so called djs that played it

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, wicked said:

And any so called djs that played it

A record that angers the soul police but part of the scene back in the day. Very rarely hear it played, last time oddfellows reunion in the chill out room two years ago. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

remote controls, losing the blu ray remote caused a minor fuss over xmas (panasonic unit has no manual controls)

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

People who pronounce words beginning with th as if they began with f

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
24 minutes ago, Steve L said:

Like the chaser mark labbett 😖 as intelligent as he is and still says firty fousand pounds 😂 tit 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The Kardashian family.

All of them,and Kanye West can be thrown in there head first too.

It's astonishing why these people are tolerated and pandered to.

I see these turds in the news all of the time...why are there so many of them?..they all look exactly the same,they're all absolutely bloody hideous too and don't appear to have more than 3 brain cells between them.

I can't name any of them except the one with the massive arse who's married to Kanye 

What are these people famous for exactly,being rich? 

The mind truly boggles..

I hear they've now spent $500K on a Christmas party for f***s sake.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6530459/Kardashian-EXCLUSIVE-Kris-Jenners-annual-Christmas-Eve-party-held-Kims-mansion-cost-500K.html 

Some people really do possess no moral compass whatsoever.

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
18 hours ago, shufflin said:

remote controls, losing the blu ray remote caused a minor fuss over xmas (panasonic unit has no manual controls)

I went posh. Samsung smart TV thingy that I talk to, ( more sense than Lou  ) can use my S7 phone as a remote control if I need too.  The remote control voice thing also has a find me app from my phone.  . Let's throw technology in room 101and go back to just 3 channels TV.  900 channels and all crap. 

Steve 

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm curious, did you remember the name because she's married to Kanye West OR because she has a massive arse?

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I’d put all these people buying limited edition 45s in Room 101 then selling them for big profit. 3 copies of Leroy Taylor Not the marrying kind for sale on Soul Source now. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, constellation161 said:

I’d put all these people buying limited edition 45s in Room 101 then selling them for big profit. 3 copies of Leroy Taylor Not the marrying kind for sale on Soul Source now. 

👍Particularly as there was a mint one on discogs recently for $15.98 plus p&p . 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just seen ANDY that there are some in the USA just over £25 including postage, hope that makes these people with copies hoping to make profit think ?

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 28/12/2018 at 10:05, Steve L said:

I detest that intensely. "TH" is being driven out of our language, mainly by these thick as shit "Roll models" IE: Premier League footballers, reality TV never beens and also, alarmingly by quite a few TV chefs. Would they write a letter, email or their CV like they speak?

There must be an descriptive adjective for it along the lines of illiteracy!

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 27/12/2018 at 16:43, Leicester boy said:

A record that angers the soul police but part of the scene back in the day. Very rarely hear it played, last time oddfellows reunion in the chill out room two years ago. 

Sesame Street theme tune.

Am I glad it wasn`t part of the scene in my day!!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 22/12/2018 at 20:00, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Read this half expecting you to nominate Kegsy's thread for room 101!

It's already in mate :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

People that leave out 'to the' from sentences!......"I'm going doctors"......Lazy language strikes again.....'to the' 'to the' 'to the'!!!

Presenters (because it's their job) that say certain words like a baby would pronounce them......"Bottall".....Instead of "Bottle".......'tle' 'tle' 'tle'!!!

If that makes sense in the written word :D

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

People who spoil football broadcasts with their "expert knowledge", for example: Robbie Savage, Michael Owen or Andy Townsend and commentators who enhance their commentary by providing their opinion. Alan Green being the biggest arse in that category.

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, LEN said:

Presenters (because it's their job) that say certain words like a baby would pronounce them......"Bottall".....Instead of "Bottle".......'tle' 'tle' 'tle'!!!

If that makes sense in the written word :D

A prime example! I thoroughly enjoyed watching my childhood heroes 'Madness' on the telly last night, whilst seeing in the new year with the family. But it was almost ruined by them using this 'presenter' / 'investigator' Stacey Dooley - I can't bear her anyway, so I'm gonna put her in Room 101.

'tle' 'tle' 'tle'!!!

721728814_StaceyDooley.jpg.d5a74d2bf2df4fa3f6b47a0f77ad776f.jpg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, LEN said:

A prime example! I thoroughly enjoyed watching my childhood heroes 'Madness' on the telly last night, whilst seeing in the new year with the family. But it was almost ruined by them using this 'presenter' / 'investigator' Stacey Dooley - I can't bear her anyway, so I'm gonna put her in Room 101.

'tle' 'tle' 'tle'!!!

721728814_StaceyDooley.jpg.d5a74d2bf2df4fa3f6b47a0f77ad776f.jpg

Do me a favour Len old son...

Chuck me in room 101 with her, I like a nice redhead with me new years day whisky!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Do me a favour Len old son...

Chuck me in room 101 with her, I like a nice redhead with me new years day whisky!

'BabyBoyAndMyLass' now in Room 101.

Mike - You're gonna need another Moderator (Or should I say 'Moderwator') :D

Enjoy the Whiskey :wink:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Tell yer what I'd put in room 101 although it wouldn't go down well if they saw this, but they won't:

It's new year eve and I decide seeing as we've got pals down from oop north... I dig out me vintage mono record player and me 45s. This doesn't happen often, maybe first time in ten years, first off I spin me Mel Brit, fipelicious, follow it with a nice Car A Mel, Rose Bastiste on Revillot 'I miss my baby', out comes The Gypsies on Old Town, few sips of The Ardmore and it seems like all is well in the world...

Them matey (who must remain nameless, it's so off the scale of shameful) says 'Listen to this' out comes his phone and this third-rate Disco shyte, no idea what it was but it reminded me of Luther Van DROSS...

So I'm a laid back kinda guy, I dusted off me vintage player, carefully replaced the lid and gently put back what was going to be my next choice, Salvadors, and packed away...

I said nothing, but they were gone before Madness went into 'It must be love' so, that's my room 101 in the last five minutes of 2018, I'll have forgiven him by April when he's down next, but...

Thankfully it's the first NYE for over twenty years that I haven't been gigging, bloody club went bankrupt at the end of November! 'Next year will be different' he said with a cynical wry smile...

Ooooh! :dash2:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, LEN said:

'BabyBoyAndMyLass' now in Room 101.

Mike - You're gonna need another Moderator (Or should I say 'Moderwator') :D

Enjoy the Whiskey :wink:

Hahaha Len I started off in room 101!

It's a long way up from the bottom old son, 'never mind' he exclaimed, still clawing his way up through the detritus layer...

I'll get there!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Them matey (who must remain nameless, it's so off the scale of shameful) says 'Listen to this' out comes his phone and this third-rate Disco shyte, no idea what it was but it reminded me of Luther Van DROSS...

Ooooh! :dash2:

"Do me a favour Simon old son"...:D

I love a bit of Luther :wink:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
Just now, LEN said:

"Do me a favour Simon old son"...:D

I love a bit of Luther :wink:

I'll grant you that... This however certainly wasn't LVD...

It kinda was just minus the Luther Van part! 'Don't look any further was OK, when Heather Small covered it!

I'm in room 101, so it matters little what I say now...

As if it ever did! :facepalm:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Morecambe & wise , Tommy Cooper , where eagles dare & any other 1970s top 500 shows ,films that R well dated & been shown 2 death , takeaway the 70s records & programmes & we could watch more cooking & celebrity game shows !!! Bar Humbug  

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

'Breaking News', along with all 'drip drip' 24 hour news - It just makes the reporters even worse, desperately trying to make anything in to a story. And reporting 'What is going to happen today', closely followed by 'The thing we reported yesterday that was going to happen, is what did happened today', telling us all about it, then going across to another reporter that repeats the story that has just been said! 

I miss the 9 o' Clock news, or any news after there had been a long break from the last news, and the 'News Flash', which was much more meaningful than 'Breaking News' that basically means 'there's been a minute change to the story we have been running for days'.

Hey ho it's off to work we go - Have a good first day back guyz.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Clickbait headlines and lazy journalism that makes stories out of Twtter posts and Mumsnet quotes and then uses social media profile pics of some self obsessed pouting idiot to ilustrate said stories .  Oh yeah and  the word clickbait 😉

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

All of these stupid retarded women with plastic tits and trumpet lips who think what they crave is a face like a baboons arse!

426984_v1.jpg

Edited by Steve Lane
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

All of these stupid retarded women with plastic tits and trumpet lips who think what they crave is a face like a baboons arse!

426984_v1.jpg

Kin el. Thought it was a tranny

Steve 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A Karcrashian wannabe!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dominic littlewood 🤢🤮

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

All the dance / competition television shows - This format of voting people off (with a long pause) just infuriates me.

Can't they think of something better to offer us? It reminds me of Alan Partridge bouncing his ideas off a TV Executive, his last idea being 'Monkey Tennis' :huh:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

with the new year underway , and all the best foot forward type of thinking that goes with the arrival of the new year

would say that there's no real need right now for a long running 'moan' type topic 

so will be looking at closing this in the next 24hrs 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Fair enough I'd say Mike - 'twas fun to have a moan though / and to hear everyone else's :D

All the best,

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I should think that "101" is pretty chockablock by now anyway , so probably the right decision to close it .................... provided you open up "102" that is ... :rolleyes:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ooh just in time to chuck in Michael McIntyre, Celebrity TV shows (featuring micro celebs), The Mail and Sun, Mrs Browns Boys, Singers who cannot enunciate properly, drum machines, synthesised horns, Loud music in cars, cyclists who wont ride on the left or refuse to ride in single file, Piers Morgan, UKIP, Premier league football, John Humphrys on Today programme, the reverence awarded to David Bowie by people who should know better, Skateboards, terrible film remakes, tattoos, Christmas jumpers, drivers who fail to acknowledge you when you let them pass, incessant mobile phone use, the misuse of the word awesome, melon, ridiculously expensive bottled water, Pret a Manger, Sky Sports absurd over the top promos, at this moment in time, baseball caps, trousers worn so low you can see underwear and first past the post voting system. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, westender said:

Ooh just in time to chuck in Michael McIntyre, Celebrity TV shows (featuring micro celebs), The Mail and Sun, Mrs Browns Boys, Singers who cannot enunciate properly, drum machines, synthesised horns, Loud music in cars, cyclists who wont ride on the left or refuse to ride in single file, Piers Morgan, UKIP, Premier league football, John Humphrys on Today programme, the reverence awarded to David Bowie by people who should know better, Skateboards, terrible film remakes, tattoos, Christmas jumpers, drivers who fail to acknowledge you when you let them pass, incessant mobile phone use, the misuse of the word awesome, melon, ridiculously expensive bottled water, Pret a Manger, Sky Sports absurd over the top promos, at this moment in time, baseball caps, trousers worn so low you can see underwear and first past the post voting system. 

And breathe  ....... :hypo:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

People who offer records for sale using subjective descriptions to describe condition.

Nice copy, beautiful copy etc, just GRADE the bleddy things..

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo