Martin S

Worst Cover Version Ever? Any Genre

Trust me, when you hear this you'll soon realise it's going to take quite some beating. I've had this 45 for many years and no matter how many times I've played it I have never failed to laugh. The person uploading the youtube video couldn't tolerate the full version, two and a half minutes were enough for him or her, and who can blame them. Think you have anything worse than this?

Edited by Martin S

^^^^

Lololol.

That..was...incredible! 

This is the kind of thing that happens when Eddie Grant accidentally stumbles into a  Gary Numan recording session though... 

Talking about terrible cover versions this is pretty shocking ..if you can make it to the end of this you're a braver man than me.

Edited by Soulsides

I quite liked that actually and made it through to the end! I don't recall it as a new release so that version was new to me. I did buy their version of Man Next Door shortly after though which at the time I didn't know was a cover version, but liked it anyhow.

I'm not afraid to plead ignorance here as.....wtf..... I'm listening to Mrs Miller right now and I think Rudy Grant may have been upstaged monumentally here. FFS that is absolutely hilarious, I can't stop laughing it's so shit, what the hell was that a cover version of? Anyhow back to what I was typing before Mrs Miller interrupted, I don't know the original recordings of those last 4 songs posted, can someone advise please, uploaders were Tim, Luxury, Russ, and Yankee. 

Edited by Martin S

Now I've heard the original, the Mrs Miller version is even more hilarious and it's on her greatest hits LP! Would be curious to know what the rest of that LP was like LOL. I think she's upstaged Rudy Grant, at least you could hear the lyrics to Space Odyssey, whereas wtf Mrs Miller was babbling about is anyone's guess.

7 hours ago, Martin S said:

I'm not afraid to plead ignorance here as.....wtf..... I'm listening to Mrs Miller right now and I think Rudy Grant may have been upstaged monumentally here. FFS that is absolutely hilarious, I can't stop laughing it's so shit, what the hell was that a cover version of? Anyhow back to what I was typing before Mrs Miller interrupted, I don't know the original recordings of those last 4 songs posted, can someone advise please, uploaders were Tim, Luxury, Russ, and Yankee. 

Proof, once again that God doesn't exist.  No supreme being would allow such a horrible thing as this recording to exist!  Do we have an emoji that is a vomiting face?🤮

7 hours ago, Martin S said:

I don't know the original recordings of those last 4 songs posted, can someone advise please, uploaders were Tim, Luxury, Russ, and Yankee. 

“You’re ready now” = France Valli

”Time will pass you by” = Tobi Legend

Sheila’s “Oui, c’est l’amour” is a French language ‘version’ of Al Wilson’s “The snake”.

”A lover’s concerto” = The Toys (as later posted by The Yank).

Edited by Amsterdam Russ

Japan 's Second That Emotion couldn't possibly qualify for this award Steve. The musicianship is great with those soft undertones and Mick's fretless bass lines just hanging back. It's a fresh angle on the original but one that has been well constructed from a musicians point of view. At the expense of not wanting to, but possibly upsetting a few people who might feel otherwise, it's a song that has never grabbed me and I'm surprised so many artists have covered it. How do others feel about it, vastly overrated or absolute classic? Japan's 1981 Tin Drum ranks as one of the best LP's from 1981 for me, Mick's fretless bass on it is phenomenal.

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Can't believe that no one has posted the cover of Gloria Jones.  Tainted love by soft cell. Now that has to be the worst ever. 

Steve 

Given that the song has been such a big seller for the artists that covered it I'm surprised that it wasn't a bigger hit for Jones.

5 hours ago, Tezza said:

Keeping in the Festive Spirit

WOW! A nice Jewish boy from Montréal changes a secular winter song into a song about a Catholic Saint, and proceeds to butcher it.  What is The World coming to?  Doesn't hold a candle to Mrs. Miller's horrendous monstrosity.

1 hour ago, the yank said:

I give to you this incredibly BAD version of the Beatles' Classic - 

Why oh why did he feel the need to do this?  Revenge against Humanity?  For what offence?  🤮

30 minutes ago, shinehead said:

Been a fan of the Mrs Mills horrendous cover version for years its that bad its good , always good for a pick me up when the blues strike.

It reminds one that things could always get WORSE!  🤣

On 19/12/2018 at 14:19, Soulsides said:

Talking about terrible cover versions this is pretty shocking ..if you can make it to the end of this you're a braver man than me.

Shockingly good !!!! Flipside to "Typical Girls" isn"t it ? We like the Slits round our way 🤩

Cheers Paul

42 minutes ago, soul shrews said:

Shockingly good !!!! Flipside to "Typical Girls" isn"t it ? We like the Slits round our way 🤩

Cheers Paul

I admit,its a strange one for me because I used to actually like it at one point but over the years it's become unlistenable for me personally.

It's just the sound of her voice really,it just sounds so wrong..Ari's style just doesn't suit the song for me but I do like The Slits and totally agree that Typical Girls is a great track and Cut was a good album also.

6 hours ago, corbett80 said:

Proper 100% bag of steaming sh*t. Hang your head in shame Minogue!

I think you're being kind to it! I'm struggling to decide what's worse, the diabolical image of Kylie that accompanied the video, or the actual music. I am struggling to understand why a woman as beautiful as she is, would want to be photographed looking that crap. Sums up the entire product.

Can anyone posting covers of 60's/early 70's tracks, please state who the original artist is to help us youngsters in our mid 50's and below.

Whats Peters & Lee Coming Home Baby, and Ruby Rats Heatwave, covers of please?

Edited by Martin S

35 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

I admit,its a strange one for me because I used to actually like it at one point but over the years it's become unlistenable for me personally.

It's just the sound of her voice really,it just sounds so wrong..Ari's style just doesn't suit the song for me but I do like The Slits and totally agree that Typical Girls is a great track and Cut was a good album also.

Was much better live in the frantic Slits manner , remember it well from their Beat the Blues Festival set at Ally Pally in June 1980 ... :thumbup:

11988235_744145342380607_7650424647865194992_n.jpg

Edited by WoodButcher

I wholeheartedly apologise for any stress and trauma this post might induce , click on link at your own peril ... I'm thinking this might be the wrong thread to stick this in , it's nailed on to be slung straight in Room 101 .... :thumbsup:

Don't say you weren't warned .....

On 20/12/2018 at 19:01, Zed1 said:

Easily the Best (Worst) yet.....

This one is fking hilarious, in the top 3 so far for me for sure. He has a major advantage in the ratings as we get to see him performing this so badly on stage and whilst wearing an Adidas running vest to boot. I think the telling factor is, if the track makes you laugh then you know it's up there with the best of the worst. Thanks for uploading this rubbish! 

Edited by Martin S

On 20/12/2018 at 22:22, shufflin said:

What?.... WTF more like.  Just another one of those talentless 80's electropop outfits that just did covers

Probably the finest Disco track ever made completely destroyed by the above and his mates.....

I wonder what Messers Summer & Morroda thought of this POS?.

Edited by Zed1

Look what I've done creating this thread. Up-voting absolute shit has now become the norm! I didn't feel any love in that version of I feel love, it's a shocker. I am relieved they weren't asked to perform Shaft, although it's something I expect they could turn their hands to. 

2.15 to 4.00 Ottawan D I S C O 

6.30 to 9.20 She Loves You

17.00 - 19.35 Russ Abbott What an atmosphere

35.10 - 36.55 Shaking all over 

Edited by Martin S

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.