This is just shit,basically..

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Martin S said:

Admittedly not so nice visually.  But the singing isn't remotely atrocious.  There are hundreds of "PROFESSIONAL" remakes which are much WORSE!  This doesn't hold a candle to Mrs. Miller's "Lover's Concerto, for atrocity.  The singing on this is better than The Rolling Stones singing "Up On The Roof" and "My Girl".

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RobbK said:

Admittedly not so nice visually.  But the singing isn't remotely atrocious.  There are hundreds of "PROFESSIONAL" remakes which are much WORSE!  This doesn't hold a candle to Mrs. Miller's "Lover's Concerto, for atrocity.  The singing on this is better than The Rolling Stones singing "Up On The Roof" and "My Girl".

As the creator of this thread I feel it my responsibility to announce what appears to be in little doubt based on comments received, the winner of this competition by an overwhelmingly majority, Mrs Miller for her rendition of Lover's Concerto. Any member objecting to this should file a full report and evidence to substantiate any claim with 7 days. 

Edited by Martin S

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 31/12/2018 at 14:01, soulatthedale said:

Dire, and thats putting it mildly!

If Burt Bachrach were dead, he'd turn over in his grave.  Hard to believe this didn't kill him.  I guess he's never heard it.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 20/12/2018 at 03:47, Tezza said:

Keeping in the Festive Spirit

Makes me ashamed and embarrassed to be Jewish, and half-Canadian!  A "nice" Jewish boy (who can't sing) "singing" a Christmas song, and very badly, at that.  But, it's music to my ears compared to Mrs. Miller's scourge upon humanity.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 22/12/2018 at 02:20, Soulsides said:

Hehe..So is this by the Icelandic Punk Rock group Fraebbblarnir  taken from the 'False Death' E.P.

I actually had this on 45 in the early 80's and I have absolutely no idea what happened to it-  although that isn't necessarily a bad thing ..

Apparently the band is still active too!

Hasn't Björk done any remakes of Soul songs?  They'd be bloody awful, I'd wager.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RobbK said:

Hasn't Björk done any remakes of Soul songs?  They'd be bloody awful, I'd wager.

I dunno Robb and I'm too scared to investigate the matter to be honest! 

Now, i'll more than happily confess that I'm not a fan of The Rolling Stones' music but even I have some erm..sympathy for them when it comes to this Sandie Shaw version of 'Sympathy For The Devil'. 

It actually starts off quite promising..the fat piano sounds great but things quickly deteriorate from there as the drums inexplicably get faster and faster, the bass is all flabby and very possibly played by someone who possesses hooves instead of fingers while Sandie Shaw’s voice is tiny, screeching and utterly unconvincing and sounds like it was recorded late at night in an empty tunnel.

The guitar solos wouldn’t be too bad, except they’re playing all over each other and one sounds more like someone noodling their favourite jazz licks than recording a bona-fide session. 

A mess is putting it mildly...

Edited by Soulsides

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Mrs. Miller is happy to accept her award and as a way of saying thanks, gives you this - 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, the yank said:

Mrs. Miller is happy to accept her award and as a way of saying thanks, gives you this 

Lololol..

Is Mrs Miller actually in the process of drowning while recording that song ??!

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Soulsides said:

Lololol..

Mrs.  Miller must have been picked on a lot as a child, and her so-called singing was her way to wreak vengeance upon the rest of the rest of The World's population.  As James Brown would say........  Good Gawd!   AAAAOOOOWWWWW!  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, Martin S said:

As the creator of this thread I feel it my responsibility to announce what appears to be in little doubt based on comments received, the winner of this competition by an overwhelmingly majority, Mrs Miller for her rendition of Lover's Concerto. Any member objecting to this should file a full report and evidence to substantiate any claim with 7 days. 

Hard to vote.  Her version of "Yellow Submarine" is right up there, as well.  I'd like to hear her version of "Inna Godda Da Vida" , or "Talk, Talk" originally by Music Machine", or something else horrendous to start with.  I think she was capable of even worse than "Lover's Concerto".

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
14 minutes ago, RobbK said:

I think she was capable of even worse than "Lover's Concerto".

Yellow Submarine was a watershed moment.

I reckon it was up there Lovers Concerto too. I already knew YS of course, but couldn't had even told you who LC was originally by.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
44 minutes ago, RobbK said:

Mrs.  Miller must have been picked on a lot as a child, and her so-called singing was her way to wreak vengeance upon the rest of the rest of The World's population. 

Well its funny you should mention that Robb as I decided to look up Mrs Miller's Wikipedia page earlier this afternoon.

Here's a quote from it.

She married John Richardson Miller, a professional investor thirty years her senior, on January 17, 1934. They moved to Claremont, California the following year, where she studied music, voice, and composition at Pomona College and involved herself in church and community projects. She said singing was "a hobby", but she produced several records, mainly of classical, gospel, and children's songs. She self-financed and recorded at least one 45 ("Slumber Song"), and distributed it to local orphanages. 

:(

Lol..as if the poor kids weren't already traumatized enough!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Miller  

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Soulsides said:

Lololol..

After careful evaluation and a second excruciating listening experience I've come to the conclusion that Mrs Miller is in fact being waterboarded during this recording of Yellow Submarine .. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

After careful evaluation and a second excruciating listening experience I've come to the conclusion that Mrs Miller is in fact being waterboarded during this recording of Yellow Submarine .. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Well its funny you should mention that Robb as I decided to look up Mrs Miller's Wikipedia page earlier this afternoon.

Here's a quote from it.

She married John Richardson Miller, a professional investor thirty years her senior, on January 17, 1934. They moved to Claremont, California the following year, where she studied music, voice, and composition at Pomona College and involved herself in church and community projects. She said singing was "a hobby", but she produced several records, mainly of classical, gospel, and children's songs. She self-financed and recorded at least one 45 ("Slumber Song"), and distributed it to local orphanages. 

:(

Lol..as if the poor kids weren't already traumatized enough!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Miller  

I'd LOVE to hear some of her Gospel recordings.  Made me picture Hyacinth Bucket singing "Nearer My God To Thee" with Mrs. Miller's voice and style.  Actually, Hyacinth would have sung a Gospel song in more or less that same style, anyway.   🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

After the depression, associated with BREXIT,      i've just given Mrs Mills a listen,      spat me tea out and laughed all the way to the Bog !   cheered me up no end 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, IanP said:

After the depression, associated with BREXIT,      i've just given Mrs Mills a listen,      spat me tea out and laughed all the way to the Bog !   cheered me up no end 

Yes!  It teaches us that that things always could be A LOT worse!  So, we should relax, and appreciate how good we have it.  Imagine how you'd feel if she were your mother!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Glad to know she had other talents besides singing- "whistling and humming" 

mm.jpg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, Soulsides said:

She self-financed and recorded at least one 45 ("Slumber Song"), and distributed it to local orphanages

15 hours ago, RobbK said:

Imagine how you'd feel if she were  your mother!

IHehe-

think I'd lie and tell all of my mates that I was an orphan who'd been taken in exchange for a record she'd somehow managed to trade at the local orphanage ..:D

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Worst Cover Up Attribution?

• 8 posts
    • 1579 reads
    • still diggin
    • 04 Jun 2015
  2. Worst Picture Cover Ever

• 12 posts
    • 1024 reads
    • Ian Dewhirst
    • 16 Feb 2012
  3. Worst Version

• 40 posts
    • 4692 reads
    • ScooterNik
    • 19 Apr 2011
    • 4 posts
    • 1564 reads
    • soulAdequateNP
    • 14 Oct 2005
  4. Great Cover Version Of Indeed I Do

• 3 posts
    • 368 reads
    • Eridu
    • 10 Nov 2008
    • 1 posts
    • 879 reads
    • randy
    • 20 Feb 2014

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.