Monumental New Year's Eve Party 2006

Guest Niki

Dear groovy MENTAL Soul people,

A keen eyed MENTAL Soul person kindly pointed out that our marvellous Gladys Knight & The Pips flyer for New Year's Eve had a finish time of 2am on it. We think you already know, but just in case attached is a revised flyer and a note to let you know that we are actually going on until 3am on New Year's Day. If you have not already got your tickets please do so soon. It's only two weeks away now and if there are any tickets left it will cost you £20 on the door.

The good news is that London Underground have confirmed that tubes will once again be FREE from 11.45pm until 4.30am on 1st January. Tubes will run every 3 - 5 minutes until 2.30am and then a skeleton service will run throughout the night (every 15 minutes in central London and every 30 minutes on branch lines) until around 10.30am on New Year's Day.

TICKET INFORMATION

• Cheques can made payable to N. Golding and posted to 8 Agnes Street, London E14 7DG
  • Tickets are also available from Gary Dennis in the shop at CRAZY BEAT RECORDS, 87 Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, Essex, RM14 2AH. Tel: 01708 228678
  • Tickets will also be available for sale at the following events (just see Niki or Gareth)
    Sat 16 Dec @ Soul of The Barrio, The @ Club, 175 Blackstock Road, London N4. 9pm. Admission £5.
    Sun 17 Dec @ Soul Cruisin' (Xmas Boat) now sold out.
    Sun 17 Dec @ Hearts of Soul, The Red Lion, Hoxton Street, Hoxton Square, London EC2. 7pm. Admission Free.
    Wed 20 Dec @ A New Chapter, Three Blind Mice (formerly SMERSH), 5 Ravey Street, London EC2. 6.30pm. Admission Free.
    Sat 23rd Dec @ Soul at The Sebright, The Sebright Arms, cnr. Alston Road/Sebright Road, High Barnet, Herts, EN5 4ET. 7.30pm Admission Free.

For info call - Niki on 07960 953008 or 020 7538 5503, Gareth on 07712 668310 or 01708 724349 or Mole on 07792 400032

DETAILS:

The MonuMENTAL Soul New Year's Eve Party 2006

@ The Britannia

20 Monument Street

London EC3R 8AJ 8pm to 3am

Tickets £15 / Door £20

A full 7 hours of MENTALness on Niki's birthday with special guest DJs Gary "One More Broken Heart" Dennis, Mark "Dancing On A Daydream" Houghton, Andy "Let Me Back In" Mann and John "I Feel An Urge Coming On" Pearson playing happy jolly party ling-a-longa Modern Soul & Crossover for your festive enjoyment.

Have a great Christmas all and we'll see you on 31st if not before!

Niki, Girth & Mole

xx

www.monumentalsoul.co.uk

www.myspace.com/monumentalsoul

post-2227-1166269688_thumb.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Views 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

REMEMBER our legendary pub prices and draught beer - bar prices remain the same at The Britannia for NYE!!

If you have not already reserved your ticket at the advance price of £15, you might want to do that now. At this late stage you can either:

- Use your PayPal account to transfer funds to e-mail address niki@soulboyz.com

OR

- Pick up tickets in person from Gary Dennis in the shop at CRAZY BEAT RECORDS, 87 Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, Essex, RM14 2AH. Tel: 01708 228678

For info call - Niki on 07960 953008 or 020 7538 5503, Gareth on 07712 668310 or 01708 724349 or Mole on 07792 400032

DETAILS:

The MonuMENTAL Soul New Year's Eve Party 2006

@ The Britannia

20 Monument Street

London EC3R 8AJ

8pm to 3am

Tickets £15 / Door £20

Niki, Girth & Mole

xx

www.monumentalsoul.co.uk

www.myspace.com/monumentalsoul

London Underground have confirmed that tubes will once again be FREE from 11.45pm until 4.30am on 1st January. Tubes will run every 3 - 5 minutes until 2.30am and then a skeleton service will run throughout the night (every 15 minutes in central London and every 30 minutes on branch lines) until around 10.30am on New Year's Day.

Oooh now that was fun. Well done to everyone who made the effort of coming, despite stiff competition from so many London events happening tonight. Great sets from all the spinners that kept us all moving till throw out time. Wherever or whatever you did, I hope you had a good one. Happy New Year. I'm now off for some well deserved ....zzzzzzzzzz's

Thanks to everyone at MonuMental for a great night. I don't remember the last time I went to anything comparable on NYE.

Music was excellent, thanks to all the DJs who played some very nice music. And thanks to all my friends there, such a nice atmosphere, and especial thanks to Sarah for the nice things she said, made me feel embarrassed.

So many good records played, Niki was doing her spot when I arrived, and I could have danced to all she played: Our Day Is Here; You Don't Love Me; You've Been Cheating (it may be cheesy, but still great); The Game Is Over; Time Is Right For Love, you get the picture.Thanks to all who played my requests, sorry I am so predictable. Special thanks to Mark Houghton for playing Garnett Mimms, not your usual stuff I know, and I will make a big effort to get to New Chapter this coming year.

I left about 2.30 (sorry, I know I'm a lightweight, but the legs had began to give out), and then it was the tender mercies of London Transport. It was running tubes all night so can't really complain, Northern line okay to King's Cross, then told there were problems on the Piccadilly line, 20 minutes wait, oh joy. Jumped on Victoria line to Finsbury Park and then waited, glad I had a book to read in my bag, surrounded by rather exhuberant people, lol.

Managed to get on board the first one that arrived, stood for one stop, then a guy stood up to get off, and the other people standing offered me the seat, there are some benefits of being an old geezer.

But the funniest things was when the girl sitting next to me, probably about 16, asked me what I was doing out at that time of night. The way I feel as I type this is that she was probably right. I told her I'd been listening to music with friends, didn't feel like to trying to explain the soul scene to anyone.

Sorry that the description of my journey home is longer than my review of MonuMental, suffice to say I had a great time and will be back this coming year.

Long live the soul scene.

Hi Simon, thanks! We had a great night.

Hi Geoff, now what exactly was an old geezer like you doing out at that time of night. LOL :) Thank you for the birthday card and thank you for your continued support at MonuMENTAL. You are a big part of the MENTAL family now and it wouldn't be the same without you. I think you should say that I was doing the first set at 8pm, attemting to get the party off to a flying start. It was funny watching you and Dave itching to get the dancing going!!

Got to also say thanks to ALL the MENTAL Soul people for a fabulous New Year party. We were really happy to get such a good turn out on the night of 1001 soul doos!!! Thanks for the support throughout 2006. Massive thanks to our guest DJs Gary Dennis, John Pearson & Mark Houghton for absolutely brilliant sets... everything from Herbie Brown and Chuck Cockerham to Al Green and Lou Rawls - £1000 records happily sitting alongside £2 records. Not a bad tune to be heard all night long and a dancefloor grooving until the very end. Great friends, great music, great atmosphere and a great way to see out the old year. Have a MonuMENTAL 2007 one and all.

Niki

XX

(MonuMENTAL Soul will be back on February 24th. Guest DJs for 2007 will be announced shortly :shades: )