Weaver

Weaver

I recently picked up this 45 in a batch of stuff, but have no idea whether it's someone's dodgy boot/carver or something of interest. It feels like shellac rather than vinyl and has hand written titles - "You've got the upper hand" by Candi Staton; and "Put me in your Pocket" by Jeannette Harper. Other than that, it has a distinctive logo, and printed type - Demonstration Record. Sound quality is not great, but playable. Anyone seen anything like it?

DSCF4824.jpg

DSCF4825.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I suppose that depends on whether you collect ovo to dj with or you just collect for your own satisfaction of being able to play vinyl at home. The only one you would have been able to play out would have been the Betty boo .but since it's official release by soul junction .that's no longer a option .too collect for personal collect it would be Interesting to see how many different titles were done. 

Social source share

Yeah, not for playing out, but because people seem to collect anything these days just as artefacts from a past era. Presumably they're quite rare in the sense that somebody might have knocked off only a small number at the time and a fair few might have been trashed years ago. Can't say I've ever noticed anything similar for sale - hence my original post, so who knows...

Social source share

1 minute ago, Weaver said:

Yeah, not for playing out, but because people seem to collect anything these days just as artefacts from a past era. Presumably they're quite rare in the sense that somebody might have knocked off only a small number at the time and a fair few might have been trashed years ago. Can't say I've ever noticed anything similar for sale - hence my original post, so who knows...

Don't know if many survived . The coating was very thin and worn out the groove after not many plays. Making them unplayable.  The aluminium was clearly visible on my pointer sisters emi disc. 

Steve 

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I had one of the Candi Statons with the same label and handwriting out of a box of remnants of a mid 70s collection, think it had Mel Britt on the other side.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!