A Record Tip

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just the vinyl Richie, stil a bit of an IT novice, call for a listen if you like 01244 681319

andy or anyone

if ever need to get any clips on site and cant do the pc thing

there is a number which if you phone will record for a min or two what ever is played

and then sends it as a mp3 to site , and can then upload it for ya

if think may be useful in future and may use, shout and will dig number

whats the flip like Andy, has a interesting title :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Think this was played by Flynn at the CSC once, acquired taste, think it needs a little slowing down, but not too much else it ends up sounding like Elvis. :thumbsup:

Heh heh, always wanted to use that smiley :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Probably not Chunky, as most people wouldn't understand it. You have to have an ear for beach/Carolina influenced Northen Soul. As said earlier, a typical Dome record. The london scene always had a wider tolerence for different sounds, which is probably why more records got broken there than anywhere else, particularly during that 3-4 year period at the turn of the millinium, with the Dome, NotreDame, 100 Club etc etc.

Oh you'd definately hate the flip, A bit like Sammy Davies Jr. meets X Factors Ray Quinn :thumbsup:

Ouch!

Frynn is a beach music freak anyway who only really likes records with screechy hammond and bizarre vocals :thumbsup: . This record is a work of flawed genius but I don't think I'd ever dare play it out nowadays.

:shades: Quite like the flip too if I've been drinking.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Ouch!

Frynn is a beach music freak anyway who only really likes records with screechy hammond and bizarre vocals :thumbsup: . This record is a work of flawed genius but I don't think I'd ever dare play it out nowadays.

:shades: Quite like the flip too if I've been drinking.

Same Nomads that did Somthing Bad? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Same Nomads that did Somthing Bad? :thumbsup:

Those Nomads were from Philadelphia weren't they? Label says Missouri on this one but don't know, not the same vocalist I'm sure.

Social source share

Probably not Chunky, as most people wouldn't understand it. You have to have an ear for beach/Carolina influenced Northen Soul. As said earlier, a typical Dome record. The london scene always had a wider tolerence for different sounds, which is probably why more records got broken there than anywhere else, particularly during that 3-4 year period at the turn of the millinium, with the Dome, NotreDame, 100 Club etc etc.

I like it! But then I do like beach/Garage/Carolina influenced Northern anyway.

But I want a cheaper one!!!!

Social source share

Pretty sure Flynny got this off me in a trade. Remember getting it from Tim Brown, heard it down the phone and liked it,but it was one of those I soon got fed up with as with most of this type of sound.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!