Philb

I don't know so much about sounds being revived, but big name artists having their music remixed with big orchestras has become very popular. Fingers crossed, one of the great names in Soul may be next.

The one prediction i've made for 3 straight years now, has finally come true this year, with Mike Peters of The Alarm and Co Founder of the Love, Hope, Strength Foundation being honoured in the New Years Honours list for 2019, with an MBE. I know it detracts from the original question a bit, but he is an inspiration to all.

Social source share

1 hour ago, MotownSoulMan said:

I don't know so much about sounds being revived, but big name artists having their music remixed with big orchestras has become very popular. Fingers crossed, one of the great names in Soul may be next.

I truly hope not. The Buddy Holly one was terrible 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

17 hours ago, Mark S said:

I would like to hear more underplayed stuff played out instead of the same old , dont get out much and when I do I wonder why I bother could have stayed in with a compilation cd .

On a personal note try to listen to more Phillidelphia International its a bit like cornflakes you forget how good it was .

Have to agree with you on this one .We now pick and choose which event to travel to . Unfortunately the only way more rare  underplayed crossover etc will be played is if djs grow a set  and use their imagination.  Instead of being sheep. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

This could be exciting if they get the 50 mil

Motown Museum earns picks up $2.3 million more in expansion campaign funds
New contributions from the Kresge Foundation, AARP, the Elaine & Leo Stern Foundation and Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs will bring the Motown Museum closer to its expansion campaign goal. (Click the link below to read more)
CLICK TO READ MORE!
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!