Gene Page - Love Starts After Dark

Peter99

Was just looking at the credits on another 45 and was reminded of this. Love Starts After Dark by Gene Page. This had some plays in the early 80's - not a great record, but one that had me dancing back then. (although I( used to dance non stop all night) 

Anyone else remember this - any views?  

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

You just reminded me of the LP that track comes from. I only recall finding it once in the UK which is quite unusual for an LP on Arista, although that said, it has a white background so I may have seen one or two other copies with filthy sleeves I didn't think I could renovate well enough, and therefore left them behind. I didn't keep it for myself so I'm assuming I wasn't impressed by the LP overall at the time, that said I shall check out the clips from it on Youtube and report back. Out of interest, was it Leon Sylvers you were checking elsewhere and if so which tracks? Thanks, Martin

Edited by Guest
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Martin S said:

You just reminded me of the LP that track comes from. I only recall finding it once in the UK which is quite unusual for an LP on Arista, although that said, it has a white background so I may have seen one or two other copies with filthy sleeves I didn't think I could renovate well enough, and therefore left them behind. I didn't keep it for myself so I'm assuming I wasn't impressed by the LP overall at the time, that said I shall check out the clips from it on Youtube and report back. Out of interest, was it Leon Sylvers you were checking elsewhere and if so which tracks? Thanks, Martin

Head and shoulders the best track on the LP as far as I'm concerned:

Cheers

Roger

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Roger Williams said:

Head and shoulders the best track on the LP as far as I'm concerned, [Title: Second Time Around] Cheers, Roger

Soon as I heard it I recognised it instantly and I agree with you Roger. I just located the minidisc recording I took of that track 20+ years ago when I sold the LP, and my notes say there was nothing else of interest on it. I listened to the long version of Love Starts After Dark again just now but imo it's simply too repetitive and I agree with Pete, it's not a great record. Thanks, Martin

Social source share

12 hours ago, Martin S said:

I cant remember now Martin!

LOL

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert