dthedrug

Soul Source Record Club 2019 Faces Boots & Braces

Posted (edited)

In contrast to the opening post, and with a Big Thanks to @chalky for the heads up in November on this new release from the same stable that broght us Big Lee Dowell's brilliant 'What I Done Wrong'

My tip for massive dance floor reaction in 2019:

SMOKE 'Give Me Your Heart' Cannonball

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9h-8f1aBjjM

Edited by FickleFingers

Posted (edited)
On 01/01/2019 at 00:12, dthedrug said:

:boxing:HI ALL Happy New Year BROTHERS & SISTERS.  It has not passed me by that 2019 is 50 years on since "The SPIRIT of 69" if you don't know what I'm talking about, there might be someone, but 1969 was the best year of my teenage, 69 was my year not my older Brother & Sisters who were MODS, I could never feel comfortable in a blue mohair suit, for me it was STA Press braces Ben Sherman Royals Doc Martins & my choice of music which was both soul and reggae, Yes 69 was the smartest youth culture that has been.

My choice of records to start the new year I have chosen for you is the classic "I'm Standing" you can't go wrong with this one, I'm lucky to own a Stateside Issue in my UK Collection. then as time goes by I will ad a few UK rare 45s,

So lets start the new year with the great Rufus Lumley, so as Dave Everson says "roll back the carpet" KTF & Right ON DAVE K:shhh:

I'm from the same generation Dave,though I was never that keen on docker's , I bought a pair to wear on an Outward bound,

where they promptly confiscated them and gave me a pair of Army boots.

Happy New Year folks.

Here's a fave of mine from the same club era, though I don't think it's been played out much, I love it:

Joyce Bond Mrs Soul Airborne 1966:

Edited by Mick Sway

On 01/01/2019 at 00:12, dthedrug said:

:boxing:HI ALL Happy New Year BROTHERS & SISTERS.  It has not passed me by that 2019 is 50 years on since "The SPIRIT of 69" if you don't know what I'm talking about, there might be someone, but 1969 was the best year of my teenage, 69 was my year not my older Brother & Sisters who were MODS, I could never feel comfortable in a blue mohair suit, for me it was STA Press braces Ben Sherman Royals Doc Martins & my choice of music which was both soul and reggae, Yes 69 was the smartest youth culture that has been.

My choice of records to start the new year I have chosen for you is the classic "I'm Standing" you can't go wrong with this one, I'm lucky to own a Stateside Issue in my UK Collection. then as time goes by I will ad a few UK rare 45s,

So lets start the new year with the great Rufus Lumley, so as Dave Everson says "roll back the carpet" KTF & Right ON DAVE K:shhh:

Scan_20181231 (3).png

This records is my first memory of record collecting

I sold my school dinner tokens at age 14 to get a copy and then 10 years later found out it was a bootleg and that's when it all started :)

Posted (edited)

This is a record that was given to me in 1977 by the late Mark “Chalky” Keelan from Norwich who in turn had been given it by Kev Fev, also from Norwich. I loaned it to a kid I used to work with along with several other 45’s and never got it back ( sound familiar?) Found the copy below on a stall on Portobello Rd recently. 

06E651FC-D561-406B-9D50-1EEA7B2B7274.jpeg

B71F5E22-2F9D-4260-A5C7-13094BB069EC.jpeg

Edited by autumnstoned

Just arrived in the post they are all talkin' about the t'other side on SS which is a great uptempo tune i'm going mid tempo on this one 

Released yesterday !

Jett Straker & The Guiding Principle - One Thing I Know - Kimberlite

Edited by Kev John

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.