Starstream Label 1984: 24 x 7" Yet Never Heard Of Any Of Them!

Whilst listing more of my own collection on my database, I had cause to look up some info on a Budweiser Showdown release from 1987 to make sure the track hadn't been previously released elsewhere. As many releases on this label are from 1986 onwards, I've never chased it down, especially as some are damned hard and expensive to obtain. That said, many of those I've heard haven't been worth worrying about anyhow.

However, on Discogs I was truly astounded just now, to see 24 different 7" singles that I'd never seen or heard of before, on an affiliated label Starstream. I find it hard to believe any of these came to the UK as new releases, as I don't recall seeing them listed in Blues & Soul or being asked for them by anyone. I can't remember Gary [Lee] mentioning them either. What's worse for me is, it appears all of them are 1984 releases, 1981-1984 being my peak years as a heavy collector of early 80's boogie. Most look as if they're soul, boogie, funk, related titles. The number of records mentioned anywhere in Blues & Soul from 1980 to 1984 that I've never owned a copy of or heard and turned down, is now so minimal and almost entirely comprised of early raps or Japanese jazz fusion LP's, that to see 24 titles on one label on a Discogs page that I have no idea about whatsoever, is a truly remarkable feat!

It would take a considerable amount of time trying to search the recordings out on Youtube and some of the Discogs links to such are returning blanks. I openly admit due to the difficulty in obtaining these I'm unlikely to chase them down, but it would at least be interesting to establish which of them would actually be worth having and those that would not. So after some considerable explaining, can anyone offer some good advice on this label please? Respect to anyone who has some of them if they're genuinely good tracks. Thanks, Martin

https://www.discogs.com/label/25070-Starstream-Record-Co

Edited by Guest
Shortened due to repetition
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now