Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

2 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Happy New Year to you all ... here is one from the first day of the new year, a Heron posing in front of the hide, odd this as usually they will take flight at the slightest movement.

581_058.jpg.41a40c30ec0f86b15ab773dbaf0fa0c7.jpg

Come up to Pennington mate. Your beating them off with a stick, don't even need a big lens. 

Steve 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Nice Pictures John. Any idea of what camera your after? 

Steve 

Cheers Steve, been using a Sony Cybershot bridge camera with x35 zoom, looking at a Panasonic Lumix with x60 zoom. I've usually got 3 dogs in tow so need something compact but want to get a bit closer and in my price range lol.

Social source share

2 hours ago, josep manuel concernau robles said:

Fantastic! Specially the one of the krestel.

Thank you, Lucky to have a variety of birds close to where I live. I Like to take a few photos when I walk our dogs, two hobbies in one. Great to see all the different photos on here.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, John Jones said:

Cheers Steve, been using a Sony Cybershot bridge camera with x35 zoom, looking at a Panasonic Lumix with x60 zoom. I've usually got 3 dogs in tow so need something compact but want to get a bit closer and in my price range lol.

I shoot with Canon as you know but the lumix gets good reviews and so does the fuji bridge cameras. Endless choice mate. Be interested to hear your choice 

Steve 

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Brilliant pictures Andy . Love those spectre pictures especially , I don't spend enough time in the hills for anything exciting like that

Steve 

PS thanks for the kind comments 

Right place and all that 🙂 Was hoping it to be all clear, then wishing for an inversion but I suppose a spectre or four will have to do 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Almost half way through January already and I'm only now posting up the "most liked" photo for last month. That honour goes to @Winsford Soul for his classic capture of a robin. Congratulation, and well done! 👍📸👌

1775519927_WinsfordSoulRobin.thumb.jpg.032d9d52f4949319017e57452a19cc83.jpg

Well done Steve and good to finally meet you last night. Hope to catch up again along the way 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 11/01/2019 at 14:42, Winsford Soul said:

Not a gazebo in sight Ed. Are they fair weather gazebo, ers. ( what sort of word is that ) 

Steve 

I think maybe the gazebos are those little shed-like thingymabobbies on the bank? Are they?🤔

Social source share

11 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Almost half way through January already and I'm only now posting up the "most liked" photo for last month. That honour goes to @Winsford Soul for his classic capture of a robin. Congratulation, and well done! 👍📸👌

1775519927_WinsfordSoulRobin.thumb.jpg.032d9d52f4949319017e57452a19cc83.jpg

Massive thank you very much for the likes and comments ,it makes the sometimes hours spent trying to get a picture worthwhile when you see what people think about your pictures. 

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Massive thank you very much for the likes and comments ,it makes the sometimes hours spent trying to get a picture worthwhile when you see what people think about your pictures. 

Steve 

Great picture Steve , the Robin looks in immaculate condition , the one that comes in to my garden looks a dirty chap  his/her white plumage is filthy, it will use the feeders and is well fed but it seems adverse to using the bird bath.  

Edited by shinehead
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I see them now. Only been using my mobile to access the site recently.  Note to ones self.  Open your eyes. 

Steve 

They do look very small to be fair....gazebolets...baby ones. Although, for me, I think I would have called them summerhouses or just "posh sheds". It's a lovely photo though, really makes you want to get outside and take in the air. God, I sound like my grandad. Actually, speaking of grandads and sheds. I'll post a photo of his shed later. It really should have been put on the Listed register for sheds.

Social source share

3 hours ago, tomangoes said:

I was also confused by the name but the locals insisted it's their claim to fame:)

Ed

Screenshot_20190114-133314.png

Well there you go! 18th century gazebos! That's marvellous. 😊

Social source share

And here is my late grandad's "gazebo", specially constructed out of....anything .... Story goes, in high winds, bits of it would fly off into other people's gardens and the following day the neighbours would happily return them so that grandad could rebuild it.  It wasn't joined together, just constructed of strategically placed pieces of wood, corrugated sheeting and odds and sods, to shelter his pride and joy. What a guy. God bless you Grandad. 

IMG_20190114_173944927-01.jpeg

IMG_20190114_173930236-01.jpeg

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

From today at a new site for me . Lunt meadow in-between Liverpool and Southport

Short Eared Owl hiding in the rushes and the same picture heavily cropped so as its visible

Steve

IB2A9292.JPG

IB2A9292 (2).JPG

Great pic steve👍👏 baz

Social source share