Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

On 06/02/2019 at 23:32, MikeHinNewJersey said:

Like the shed, whatever happened to his motorcycle?

When he passed away aged 93, I like to think he rode it up to heaven and built another "shed" 🤗.

Social source share

On 16/02/2019 at 20:16, Winsford Soul said:

A flock of Lapwings .Now one of the rarest sights in the British countryside.

Lapwings are actually on the RSPB red list for endangered birds

I'm surprised to learn that they are so endangered in the UK. They used to be extremely abundant when I was a lad.

No shortage of them over here, that's for sure.

Social source share

52 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

It's a truly wonderful place - so much so that we've been there about nine times and will be back again in a few months. Can't wait!

Russell.  That's just like me with Tenby,  Go twice a year now and spend a month there. Only 3 months to go until the first visit of the year,  not that I'm counting 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Well worth checking out are the winning images in the Underwater Photographer of the Year 2019 competition. Stunning!

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-47371328

Thanks Russell.  I hadn't seen that . There's some very special pictures. Love the silhouette of the woman sat on the keel especially.  

Steve 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Russell.  I hadn't seen that . There's some very special pictures. Love the silhouette of the woman sat on the keel especially.  

Steve 

Incredibly special photos, Steve. I thought the one of the whales and dolphins together, and the pic of the diving cormorant, to have big "wow" factors. I'll be on hols armed with a GoPro and snorkel in a few months, but I don't think I can expect anything to come close photographically!

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Incredibly special photos, Steve. I thought the one of the whales and dolphins together, and the pic of the diving cormorant, to have big "wow" factors. I'll be on hols armed with a GoPro and snorkel in a few months, but I don't think I can expect anything to come close photographically!

The pictures of above and below at the same time have always fascinated me so with the GoPro you have a chance,  would love to see your results mate. 

Steve 

Social source share

19 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

PS. Russell your neglecting your duties as picture master. Unless I've missed it whose are the most popular pictures from Jan and Feb

Decided to bring the “most-liked photo of the month” to a close at the end of the year. While I’m sure “winners” very much approved, there’s never been much engagement from members when the “most liked” pics have been announced. 

That tells me members are more interested in just seeing and enjoying the pics people post rather than who's pics are “best” over any specified period of time.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Check out these incredible photos from NASA. All I can say is WOW!

Stunning images captured by physicists at NASA experimenting with a new photographic technology have revealed how supersonic aircraft's shockwaves move and interact.

https://news.sky.com/story/stunning-nasa-pictures-reveal-how-supersonic-jets-create-shockwaves-11657415

Social source share

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Love this picture. Foreground and background drawing you in to the sunlight glistening on the ripples on the water.  Brilliant 

Cheers Steve, I was pleased with it, not had much luck out and about lately (time, weather, light etc.) but I've managed to take a few decent ones. John.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, stevegods said:

Fantastic picture Steve , there was also one in London after Teresa Mays Brexit speach . 

64154DE0-1892-4475-95F5-1511A9903093.jpeg

Another full moon! 😂

Social source share