Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

I was at Bath races last week with work,  bet a few quid, won two races but this young fellow called ‘spiritualist’ came in last...

now I know why he didn't really race at all but he did do a great  ‘Cha Cha Cha’.... 

981B5986-A45B-4EAA-B2A2-81C351079A26.jpeg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

23 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Definitely felt like Lucy in the Sky with diamonds after the 4th cocktail.. 

Ed

IMG_20190513_1723191.jpg

I had a look on the website.....what on earth was it like I wonder? Did it sway about?  How long was it? I hope no-one needed to use the "facilities" 😂

Social source share

1 hour ago, flamingemeralds said:

I had a look on the website.....what on earth was it like I wonder? Did it sway about?  How long was it? I hope no-one needed to use the "facilities" 😂

We were lucky it was a sunny windless day...

The crane can slowly rotate the 'table' so you get a 360 degree view of London from the 02 location.

Indeed you are encouraged to use the bathroom before you start the journey...

About an hour start to finish.

No doubt every time produces a different experience.

The kids organised it...how our roles are reversing:)

Ed

IMG_20190513_1720005.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

My friend and I were talking about the future of Northern Soul in terms of our advancing years and physical challenges, and we came up with a bit of a solution.

IMG-20190519-WA0004.jpg

Social source share

22 minutes ago, flamingemeralds said:

My friend and I were talking about the future of Northern Soul in terms of our advancing years and physical challenges, and we came up with a bit of a solution.

IMG-20190519-WA0004.jpg

There's been a northern soul merry go round at certain venues for year's 😎

Steve 

Social source share

19 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Yes . First visit of many .

Beautiful place . Barely seen a tone whilst out .

Perfect . 

Spent many a hour up there. Peregrine falcons and Ravens nest in the quarry.  Very peaceful place for walking miles with hardly ever seeing anyone else 

Steve 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Yes I noticed the Quarry face . Though only caught sight of Jackdaws . Love to see a Raven 

Will be back at Weekend.  Sadly bad location for ticks . My dog was bitten by one . Quite a job getting rid . Dont arf make you itch lol 

The Ravens  normally nest in the far corner about 50/60 yards into the quarry  on the right as you stand at the fence . You can normally  hear them kronking,  Peregrine falcons should still be there if they have nested this year. 

Ticks never used to be a problem up there as far as I'm aware but I tend to spend more time up there in the winter so maybe they're not as bad then. 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Has a warning . Thanks . Plan going again so will keep an eye for them . 

Been blessed last 12 month saw first Osprey at Jeffery Hill last Year .

WOW.  Osprey are stunning.  You see them just round the corner from Warton crag when they're fishing at RSPB Leighton moss.  They nest just across the estuary at foulshaw moss nature reserve,  

Social source share

17 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Has a warning . Thanks . Plan going again so will keep an eye for them . 

Been blessed last 12 month saw first Osprey at Jeffery Hill last Year .

I think that an "osprey" is a Pandion haliaëtus ("águila pescadora" / "àliga pescadora" here in spanish and catalonian language respectively). I have seen hundreds of them, every time I have come to The Ebro river Delta and also in many reservoirs in the Prepyrenaican and Pyrenaican mountains. The one I saw more close was in my voyage of recent married with my wife from the window of the train: we come from Valencia to Cuenca, the rail-road follows the Palancia Rriver (with some reservoirs) and I saw this eagle in a telephon stick at the moment she starting to fly, at 1,5 - 2 m, without binoculars!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

The yarden is looking nice and summery and the squirrels are starting to get very very cheeky, I didn`t need to use the zoom, it came down to tease the dogs.

yarden[1].jpg

squirrel[1].jpg

Social source share

2 hours ago, Josep Manuel Concernau Robles said:

I think that an "osprey" is a Pandion haliaëtus ("águila pescadora" / "àliga pescadora" here in spanish and catalonian language respectively). I have seen hundreds of them, every time I have come to The Ebro river Delta and also in many reservoirs in the Prepyrenaican and Pyrenaican mountains. The one I saw more close was in my voyage of recent married with my wife from the window of the train: we come from Valencia to Cuenca, the rail-road follows the Palancia Rriver (with some reservoirs) and I saw this eagle in a telephon stick at the moment she starting to fly, at 1,5 - 2 m, without binoculars!

In UK very rare and were almost extinct .

Red Kite is now more common following breeding program at Keilder Reservoir sanctuary.  Glimpses of Rare majestic Birds is a joy and as not often seen in Urban areas . Treasured also . 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Didn't think the acer I planted seven years ago would grow this big......

DSC_0223.thumb.JPG.7660ad928ae7f9a649e2ac5e38cd9698.JPG

IMG_20190522_144958.thumb.jpg.c800f738a1e4cab36205c69493a2abcc.jpg

You can air layer thick bits of branches off and make very nice bonsai in next to no time, though it's not something to try if you don't know what you're doing.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, TattooDave said:

You can air layer thick bits of branches off and make very nice bonsai in next to no time, though it's not something to try if you don't know what you're doing.

Is this bonsai?

A3859C75-E6BC-4F98-9A9A-CB9AFF159482.jpeg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

11 hours ago, Jaco said:

Is this bonsai?

A3859C75-E6BC-4F98-9A9A-CB9AFF159482.jpeg

Sort of, not traditional Japanese in style, but various parts of Asia have their own slant on things.  It doesn't look in tremendous good health, but may well have recently been trimmed to encourage better ramification.

Social source share