Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

5 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Had a few comments about this particular photograph on different social media platforms. The badger Trust would like to use it, crediting me of course and other comments about how easy this picture would sell.

What do people on here think ? 

Should I start selling my prints ?

Has anyone gone down a similar path ?

Steve

I wouldn't know how to go about it myself, but best to copyright the image before you sell I would have thought.

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

I wouldn't know how to go about it myself, but best to copyright the image before you sell I would have thought.

Dave .  All my images are copyrighted mate.

I need to get in touch with Mike Dean a  old mate of mine who now lives in Bournemouth.  A photographer who's had pictures and books published 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Had a few comments about this particular photograph on different social media platforms. The badger Trust would like to use it, crediting me of course and other comments about how easy this picture would sell.

What do people on here think ? 

Should I start selling my prints ?

Has anyone gone down a similar path ?

Steve

Absolutely you should. Your photography is outstanding. Beyond outstanding really. I look on this thread every day hoping you've put some more photos on!

Social source share

To be honest, I've downloaded most, if not all, of your photos and have them in an album in my phone. 

Whenever I feel a bit jaded, tired or blue, I have a look through them.  Nature is such a tonic and to see it up close, in the superbly exquisite way your photos are composed and presented, tends to put things into perspective for me. The world can often feel like a very ugly place with all the modern day issues we face.  Looking at your photos reminds me that there is far more beauty in the world than ugliness, if only we care to look. 

So my "Winsford" album is a bit like "therapy"! So, there you go!  And thank YOU for sharing them 🤗. They need to be shared and enjoyed. I don't think anyone would argue with that.

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

To be honest, I've downloaded most, if not all, of your photos and have them in an album in my phone. 

Whenever I feel a bit jaded, tired or blue, I have a look through them.  Nature is such a tonic and to see it up close, in the superbly exquisite way your photos are composed and presented, tends to put things into perspective for me. The world can often feel like a very ugly place with all the modern day issues we face.  Looking at your photos reminds me that there is far more beauty in the world than ugliness, if only we care to look. 

So my "Winsford" album is a bit like "therapy"! So, there you go!  And thank YOU for sharing them 🤗. They need to be shared and enjoyed. I don't think anyone would argue with that.

WOW that's awesome and thank you very much.  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/06/2019 at 15:27, Winsford Soul said:

Tenby. North Beach.  Just spent the last five hours on this gorgeous beach in the glorious sunshine 

20180929_131758.jpg

WTF Steve just spotted this post.

I was also in Tenby on 5th and 6th June with the wife for my birthday; stopped in Carmarthen on way home on the Friday and got soaked!

Can certainly vouch it was hot on 6th though; burned the top of my head as I hadn't thought to pack a hat for the trip.

By the way Tomangoes, I can offer another recommendation for evening meal at the Baytree Restaurant in centre of town.

Apologies to Mods for going off topic...... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulfusion said:

WTF Steve just spotted this post.

I was also in Tenby on 5th and 6th June with the wife for my birthday; stopped in Carmarthen on way home on the Friday and got soaked!

Can certainly vouch it was hot on 6th though; burned the top of my head as I hadn't thought to pack a hat for the trip.

By the way Tomangoes, I can offer another recommendation for evening meal at the Baytree Restaurant in centre of town.

Apologies to Mods for going off topic...... 

Yeah Fri and the following Tue where the only bad days,  really bad. I've been lucky enough to have been going to Tenby for year's mate and the baytree is one of the very few that I've not eaten in. Will check it out in October. 

Your gonna tell me that you parked on north beach car park and said to your wife . Look at the soul  registration on that car. 

Social source share

Unfortunately not, that would have been too Twilight World. Stayed in Penally and got the train in. Manorbier is a lovely little village we visited whilst there. Hadn't been to Tenby since I was a kid. 

Came on this thread to get some tips on camera purchases. Was considering a Panasonic Lumix FZ 1000 as its got good reviews but have any of our erstwhile David Bailey's had any experience of using it?

Edited by Soulfusion
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Unfortunately not, that would have been too Twilight World. Stayed in Penally and got the train in. Manorbier is a lovely little village we visited whilst there. Hadn't been to Tenby since I was a kid. 

Came on this thread to get some tips on camera purchases. Was considering a Panasonic Lumix FZ 1000 as its got good reviews but have any of our erstwhile David Bailey's had any experience of using it?

Last year in Manobier,  I returned to the car and there was a soul night flyer under wiper blades. For a night in Deeside,  North Wales with a old mates name as a resident dj. Whose ex wife is from the hamlet of Thomas Chapel where i was staying just outside Tenby.  You couldn't make it up.  

Social source share

22 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Can't help you with the camera as i only have experience of Canon stuff. But I'm sure there's going to be people in the know on here because they're helpful and informative with everything else. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Here`s one I did earlier.  How would you like this in your kitchen? 

I have the hallway to do in the next couple of days and that has no perimeter, the design is wall to wall.

20190617_180637[1].jpg

Social source share

I`ll just weird it up a little more using son number 2.  Now then.  Look at the 1st photo above, there`s an optical illusion effect. There are 3 separate shaped tiles that make up each block. And if you look at the blocks in the centre they are symmetrical but if you scan left or right they actually shorten and elongate🤔

20190619_153712.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

I`ll just weird it up a little more using son number 2.  Now then.  Look at the 1st photo above, there`s an optical illusion effect. There are 3 separate shaped tiles that make up each block. And if you look at the blocks in the centre they are symmetrical but if you scan left or right they actually shorten and elongate🤔

20190619_153712.jpg

Love it.❤ Lou,s daughter said she would fall over.  I told to her  stay of the gin. 🤣

Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

20190619_153712.jpg

Very Escher-esque! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

26 minutes ago, veedub said:

Just been to Norfolk and was lucky enough to see a Swallowtail butterfly . The largest, and one of the rarest butterflies in the UK.  Only found on the Norfolk Broads.

IMG_1385 (2).JPG

Stunning picture.  On my wishlist to go down to Norfolk to see these stunning creatures. 

Social source share

40 minutes ago, veedub said:

Derelict Pontins Hemsby.

Had a nosey round this place on  a recent trip to Norfolk. Closed down about 9 years ago and it's virtualy intact, just left to nature .

14.JPG

7.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

10.JPG

How weird that it's just been abandoned like that, especially with all the building going on?  You'd think a developer would have snapped it up? Maybe there's some sort of legal covenant on the land?  All it needs is a huge room, with a high ceiling, stage and sprung wooden dance floor and it'd make a cracking Retirement Home for the Soulful.   I'd have loved to have a nosey round myself. There's something spookily beautiful and mystical about abandoned buildings. 👻

Social source share

1 minute ago, Flamingemeralds said:

How weird that it's just been abandoned like that, especially with all the building going on?  You'd think a developer would have snapped it up? Maybe there's some sort of legal covenant on the land?  All it needs is a huge room, with a high ceiling, stage and sprung wooden dance floor and it'd make a cracking Retirement Home for the Soulful.   I'd have loved to have a nosey round myself. There's something spookily beautiful and mystical about abandoned buildings. 👻

https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/news/new-vision-for-hemsby-pontins-site-as-veterans-rehab-centre-1-5933888

Well, there you go! 

Social source share

53 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Tyson Fury Donated 9M for The Homeless. 

Look how many homes could offer shelter too . 

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Tyson Fury Donated 9M for The Homeless. 

Look how many homes could offer shelter too . 

My sentiments exactly.  It could help  solve the homeless people problem in part which unfortunately includes many ex service people.  Caring Tory party 

Steve 

Social source share

On 23/06/2019 at 12:39, veedub said:

Derelict Pontins Hemsby.

Had a nosey round this place on  a recent trip to Norfolk. Closed down about 9 years ago and it's virtualy intact, just left to nature .

14.JPG

7.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

10.JPG

On 23/06/2019 at 13:26, Flamingemeralds said:

I live about 2 miles from their and was born about 3 miles from their.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, soulandy said:

A few from the Summer Solstice in Snowdonia. A view down the Dyffryn Mymbyr from Y Pincin above Capel Curig. A couple from the sunset on Snowdon Summit. One of Snowdon reflections across Llynarau Mymbry from Plas y Brenin

20190621_214126.jpg

P1100609.JPG

P1100622.JPG

20190621_131937.jpg

Stunning photographs Andy 

• Thanks 1
Social source share