Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

5 hours ago, Mal C said:

Would love to clime Snowdon, is it easy?

Mal

Depends on which route you take and if you've done anything like it before. I wouldn't say it's "easy" in the sense of the word but some routes are less difficult than others. It's bloody good though 🙂This will give you some idea but there is a load more info else where https://www.walkupsnowdon.co.uk/paths-up-snowdon-in-order-of-difficulty/

Social source share

We had the paths .

Planned the Quarry route but with dogs not the best idea . Our lass and dogs were attacked on route down by cows that had just been separated from calves . Had to chase eith a stone or few to get them to run to gate and escape.  Quite a trip .

Some of terrain from Rhy Ddu was anything but easy . Were going to come back via South Ridge but that was an additional hours walk .

Memories 

Social source share

7 hours ago, Mal C said:

Would love to clime Snowdon, is it easy?

Mal

Llanberis is probably the best  . You can download weather maps for assent . Weather changes at different levels . Can always go back on train on Llanberis.  If your knackered cold and drenched like we were . Take plenty of water . None available at the top or base 

Social source share

Hiya Steve ... yes all good this end bud , hope your summer has gone well and enjoying the good weather .

Wow , far better pic than mine .

My first time in Ludlow , but what a beautiful town. Got a mate that lives close to there in Much Wenlock , so stayed with him and his misses for a couple of nights before pushing off to Frodsham and another mates for the rest of the Bank Holiday . 

And thankfully a good journey both ways ... which makes a change. Going to go back for the Food Festival ... oh and a few beers . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Stevegods said:

Hiya Steve ... yes all good this end bud , hope your summer has gone well and enjoying the good weather .

Wow , far better pic than mine .

My first time in Ludlow , but what a beautiful town. Got a mate that lives close to there in Much Wenlock , so stayed with him and his misses for a couple of nights before pushing off to Frodsham and another mates for the rest of the Bank Holiday . 

And thankfully a good journey both ways ... which makes a change. Going to go back for the Food Festival ... oh and a few beers . 

Yeah all good here thanks mate.  My old man is buried not far from Ludlow at a place called bishops castle.  Ludlow is stunning,  glad to hear that you enjoyed it.  As for Frodsham,  wish I had known one of my old stomping grounds. Used to invade it from Widnes acting like missionaries trying to educate the locals.  Not many soulies about there as you know,  they're mostly biker type's into cock music.  Great Indian restaurant.  Frodsham tandoori.  Chinese,  huet ben. Highly recommend the Tibetan lamb. 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

21 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Here,s a  few from today at Pennington flash.

Blackcap, Juvenile female . Wren. Juvenile and a Tortoiseshell Butterfly

IB2A0947 (2).JPG

IB2A0954 (2).JPG

IB2A0973 (2).JPG

Just been told that the juvenile wren could well be a Cetti,s warbler . Will be so chuffed if it is. Been after a picture of one for years, they've so elusive. 

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

As for Frodsham,  wish I had known one of my old stomping grounds.Not many soulies about there as you know,  they're mostly biker type's into cock music.  Great Indian restaurant.  Frodsham tandoori.  Chinese,  huet ben. Highly recommend the Tibetan lamb. 

Steve 

Well my mate is originally from Bolton , but moved there about 20 years ago and yep , he’s a biker .... but I did manage to get him to Wigan a couple of times and taught him some moves . 

Now loves his soul music more than his rock. I’ll check out the restaurants you mentioned next time we visit ... thanks for the heads up bud .

Ever want to come down here .. feel free mate, and enjoy the smoke 😊

( me on the left - mate on the right )

240B14AF-3E9C-4146-B97D-F0817ABE272E.jpeg

85ACECA6-9F08-48C0-BD97-0E0B5DC9DD82.jpeg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Well my mate is originally from Bolton , but moved there about 20 years ago and yep , he’s a biker .... but I did manage to get him to Wigan a couple of times and taught him some moves . 

Now loves his soul music more than his rock. I’ll check out the restaurants you mentioned next time we visit ... thanks for the heads up bud .

Ever want to come down here .. feel free mate, and enjoy the smoke 😊

( me on the left - mate on the right )

240B14AF-3E9C-4146-B97D-F0817ABE272E.jpeg

85ACECA6-9F08-48C0-BD97-0E0B5DC9DD82.jpeg

Thanks Steve.  Much appreciate the kind offer. Will give you a shout if I'm ever down your way mate. 

Steve 

Social source share

On 24/08/2019 at 14:54, Winsford Soul said:

He will  I imagine be fine. They start wing flapping and eventually they start rising off the ground strengthening the wing muscles and before you know it they will be flying.  

Steve 

Hi Steve, just to let you know, you were right, the gull has gone from the secured area, it's assumed he's flown off into the blue yonder ready to take on the world and the fish and chips!    Bless.  It was a solicitors office. They called him "Lee Gull".  He'd been flapping all week apparently.  They're all gutted 😂. They'd grown very fond of him. Awww. ☺️. Happy ending. We like those.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Hi Steve, just to let you know, you were right, the gull has gone from the secured area, it's assumed he's flown off into the blue yonder ready to take on the world and the fish and chips!    Bless.  It was a solicitors office. They called him "Lee Gull".  He'd been flapping all week apparently.  They're all gutted 😂. They'd grown very fond of him. Awww. ☺️. Happy ending. We like those.

Thanks Louise.  Love the name Lee Gull 🤣🤣🤣 Glad to hear that it ended well. 😁

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Thanks Steve

First time I've ever been there to see the bronze men. A bit blowy

Andy. Everytime I have been to see the Red squirrels at formby it's a bit breezy . Went over the sand dunes once to photograph the statues and got shot blasted by the sand so turned myself around 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andy. Everytime I have been to see the Red squirrels at formby it's a bit breezy . Went over the sand dunes once to photograph the statues and got shot blasted by the sand so turned myself around 

Steve 

We got a 99 ice cream that we had to have hiding behind the van otherwise we'd of had that sandblasted 🙂 Only been to formby the once for the red squirrels and never saw any 😕

Edited by Soulandy
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

We got a 99 ice cream that we had to have hiding behind the van otherwise we'd of had that sandblasted 🙂 Only been to formby the once for the red squirrels and never saw any 😕

🤣🤣 snap. The twice I've been,  seen a tail up in a tree and the other time got a few pine cone remnants fall on me, unable to see the squirrel responsible 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Keep meaning to go to white nancy, will have to find the time. Nice one 👍

Beautiful area . Blighted only by Traffic for Manchester Airport.  Was well nacked at top . 

Making point of Climbing or trekking all the Fells of Lancashire for this Yesr . Different Hill every week .

When our lass is feeling better 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Gutted with this picture. After spending years and countless hundreds of hours searching in vain for  Otters at Pennington Flash at 9.40 am today i finally managed a glimpse of the Dog Otter swimming approximately 100 yards distance and away from me 

IB2A1018 (2).JPG

At least you got a glimpse.  Nice one 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

At least you got a glimpse.  Nice one 👍

Yes there is that Andy. There's always next time mate.   I'm lucky enough to have seen plenty of the creatures at other places.  Most people never will, 

Steve 

19 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Cargo barge going through the raised road bridge this morning at Lowestoft Harbour.  A first for me and very impressed 

20190907_101901.jpg

20190907_101707.jpg

Love the colour contrasts. Stunning mate 

• Up vote 1
Social source share