Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

21 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Yes there is that Andy. There's always next time mate.   I'm lucky enough to have seen plenty of the creatures at other places.  Most people never will, 

Steve 

Love the colour contrasts. Stunning mate 

Cheers, not bad for a phone 👍

Social source share

23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Yes there is that Andy. There's always next time mate.   I'm lucky enough to have seen plenty of the creatures at other places.  Most people never will, 

Steve 

Love the colour contrasts. Stunning mate 

Make nice postcards ☺️!

Social source share

5 hours ago, Stevegods said:

At the end of a beautiful long walk along the Thames with Granddaughter yesterday , we ended up at the Thames barrier and found an old friend in a sorry sate . 

I remember some really nice days out on this old girl , that used to be called the big Fish and Chippy . 

So so sad to see . 

E0C0B08F-A03A-4BD4-8F3D-09493C4E3A7E.jpeg

AA2598E6-D0F1-43C5-9016-5A7046EC191D.jpeg

E983EA64-07EF-412A-AEB2-D16FA8193EFC.jpeg

2998C4F1-3912-42FB-A4B7-E15E9CA04643.jpeg

I've spent a bit of time around boats and it's really upsetting to see them falling into a state of disrepair, especially a beautiful vessel like that one.

I suppose they become too expensive to maintain and repair in the end. They really are money pits and very time consuming.  Such a shame.  Poor old girl. She'd have been the envy of the Thames once upon a time.

Really interested in the name "the big Fish and Chippy".....do tell? Sounds like there may be a bit of a story behind that? 🤔

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I've spent a bit of time around boats and it's really upsetting to see them falling into a state of disrepair, especially a beautiful vessel like that one.

I suppose they become too expensive to maintain and repair in the end. They really are money pits and very time consuming.  Such a shame.  Poor old girl. She'd have been the envy of the Thames once upon a time.

Really interested in the name "the big Fish and Chippy".....do tell? Sounds like there may be a bit of a story behind that? 🤔

The vessel looks a little battered to me. Only codding 😎

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

The vessel looks a little battered to me. Only codding 😎

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Saturday night at the Apollo! Everyone's favourite comedy night of the week. Pull up a chair, grab your can of Carling, Ritz crackers, KP salted peanuts and give a hearty and welcoming round of applause for the irrepressible, the rib tickling, giggle getting, man of mirth and sophisticated wit,  Steve the Winsford Soul!!". 😂🤣😂

Social source share

40 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Saturday night at the Apollo! Everyone's favourite comedy night of the week. Pull up a chair, grab your can of Carling, Ritz crackers, KP salted peanuts and give a hearty and welcoming round of applause for the irrepressible, the rib tickling, giggle getting, man of mirth and sophisticated wit,  Steve the Winsford Soul!!". 😂🤣😂

🤣🤣🤣. I only said it before somebody else did. 🤣🤣🤣

Steve 

Social source share

That is the Royal Iris - used to plough it’s trail across and up and down the Mersey from the early 60s up until the early 90’s when it was taken out of service ... sold to a consortium in Bristol to be opened as a club at the docks but didn’t get a licence . 

It’s been rotting away at the Thames Barrier ever since ... 

No codding 

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

That is the Royal Iris - used to plough it’s trail across and up and down the Mersey from the early 60s up until the early 90’s when it was taken out of service ... sold to a consortium in Bristol to be opened as a club at the docks but didn’t get a licence . 

No codding 

Didn't realise that it was the royal iris mate. Infamous club, plenty of my non soulie mates played out on her a few times even think one of them done the doorman job or filled them in ( more likely  ) 🤣. Never floated my boat ( pun intended ) to have a night out in liverpool in whatever shape or form.  Soul loving Man United fan no thanks.  

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

27 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Very nice Dave, what have you named him ?

Ste.

She was my father's gun-dog, her name is Ruby and she's the best behaved dog I've ever had the pleasure to walk.  She was abused before my father got her, but is a very loving and loyal companion.  She went to the funeral and pulled to the grave side to look down into the grave, that is where I fell apart.  

Dave

Social source share

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. My deepest condolences,  raw emotion in these circumstances  is such a thing to deal with and everyone does so in there own way. It made me a stronger person when i lost my parents and brother and i think it will you.  Time is a great healer my friend and having Ruby around will slowly but surely help in the healing especially knowing how much you love animals 

Steve.  

Thanks Steve, she's the only thing that gets me out and talking to people, I would have emptied every bottle of alcohol in the house if it wasn't for her needing her exercise.  

Dave

Social source share

1 minute ago, Tattoodave said:

Thanks Steve, she's the only thing that gets me out and talking to people, I would have emptied every bottle of alcohol in the house if it wasn't for her needing her exercise.  

Dave

Been there my friend.  Sometimes just shutting the door on the world does you the world of good, you time, thinking what if , what now, why this,  why that. Going through every emotion,  crying,  sadness smiling when you look back at the good times,  Its your journey  my friend but your never alone.

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

She's a beautiful dog, really kind eyes.

I'm so, so sorry you're experiencing a tough time.  I hope things get easier soon for you.  It completely knocks you off the planet does this sort of thing and has you drifting round the dark side of the moon, alone.....but you'll come out at the bright side and touch back down on our colourful planet again.  Like Steve said, it's one of life's challenging, unavoidable journeys. Hang on in there.

Here's a soulful, heartfelt hug for you 🤗.  Thinking of you x

PICNIC_20190619_203302920.jpg

Social source share

9 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I'm so, so sorry you're experiencing a tough time.  I hope things get easier soon for you.  It completely knocks you off the planet does this sort of thing and has you drifting round the dark side of the moon, alone.....but you'll come out at the bright side and touch back down on our colourful planet again.  Like Steve said, it's one of life's challenging, unavoidable journeys. Hang on in there.

That's lovely Louise.  X

Social source share

22 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Thanks Louise, these are my darkest days, thankfully there are chinks in the clouds (no not Oriental pilots) and whatever happens I know I'll always keep him in my thoughts as I do my mother.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 08/09/2019 at 21:00, Stevegods said:

No codding 

Remember going to Liverpool with school in the 70's and went on the Iris. Lots remember there was the daffodil too.😊

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Afternoon all!x Quite proud of this pic...Bear sent me it...Sooty Bear... There you go!x I hosted him a few weeks back...played Thunderbirds and Mission Impossible original 60's version as he came on the stage. Massive grin at me as he arrived!x Luvly fella off camera and with him again next week!x

LUV 

SOOTY 

FB_IMG_1568380748188.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 10/09/2019 at 21:02, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. My deepest condolences,  raw emotion in these circumstances  is such a thing to deal with and everyone does so in there own way. It made me a stronger person when i lost my parents and brother and i think it will you.  Time is a great healer my friend and having Ruby around will slowly but surely help in the healing especially knowing how much you love animals 

Steve.  

Yes deep condolences Dave. My Dad passed away 4 years ago, and I have mentioned him a few times in my posts on here recently.

Up until then, I hadn't really spoken about the subject, and when I did mention to various people about my loss, they shared their stories. I don't think you ever completely get over losing your parents, but learn to live with it, and cherish those fond memories. The day of my Dad's funeral was the proudest day of my life - All these people I remembered from my childhood turned up. I cried like a baby from start to finish, well until because it was such a hot day and the room was packed a woman fainted - Queue my older sister......."That'll be the other woman"...... :D

For a while I've been thinking whether it would be an idea to start a thread on here for people to share their stories / memories of their parents - I think it would be nice.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 08/09/2019 at 21:50, Soulfulmerlin said:

Few snaps Calf Hey Circular walk . Many more branches to it . Will be back 

Walked round there myself a couple of weeks ago, loads of options for extending a walk from there, some really nice circular routes to Ramsbottom taking in Holcombe Hill.  

Social source share

Two from this evening, sitting at The Albion at Arnside, enjoying a pie....and some giant chips.....and a half of Warsteiner.....  It was so quiet? No hum of traffic, just the sounds of the gulls in the distance.  Not a breath of air either. 

IMG_20190919_190347175.jpg

IMG_20190919_190226139.jpg

Social source share

On 16/09/2019 at 14:11, Tomangoes said:

Guess where? New York is 3418 miles

Moscow is 1495 miles.

You can make out the rest.

Ed

IMG_20190916_1407368.jpg

That looks like one of the forts in the background in Cleethorpes to me....!!!!!x

LUV

SOOTY 

X

...errr...my limo stuck in the sand not far away from that signpost I believe!!x

110720102003.jpg

• Up vote 3
Social source share