Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

On 13/11/2019 at 00:24, Flamingemeralds said:

What's a feral meal? 🤔. Is the horse a sculpture?

The feral meal was nice, if you like your meat. Yes its a sculpture. The Prairie Hotel in Parachilna, look it up, my photos wont upload but basically is kankaroo, emu, goat and camel👍

Edit, just read the other replies . Still half a dsy in front here 😁

Edited by Soulandy
Social source share

7 hours ago, Soulandy said:

The feral meal was nice, if you like your meat. Yes its a sculpture. The Prairie Hotel in Parachilna, look it up, my photos wont upload but basically is kankaroo, emu, goat and camel👍

Edit, just read the other replies . Still half a dsy in front here 😁

Australia is on my bucket list.  So.....tell us about the meats? Were they good? I can't imagine what they taste like, especially the camel? You're having quite a trip by the sounds of it. Are you visiting Ulhuru?  Sorry to be nosy. Are you on a sort of tour thing?  Id love to go to Oz. I don't know why? Ever since I was young, I've always wanted to go, but it's so vast....there isn't enough time until retirement and that keeps moving further away! 😂. I'll be too bonkers to go by then! 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Australia is on my bucket list.  So.....tell us about the meats? Were they good? I can't imagine what they taste like, especially the camel? You're having quite a trip by the sounds of it. Are you visiting Ulhuru?  Sorry to be nosy. Are you on a sort of tour thing?  Id love to go to Oz. I don't know why? Ever since I was young, I've always wanted to go, but it's so vast....there isn't enough time until retirement and that keeps moving further away! 😂. I'll be too bonkers to go by then! 

Yes the meats were good but the canel was in a sausage with herbs. The kangaroo is nice, ive had it beforewith sauce. Ive had it 3 times on this trip. The emu steak was really nice, not tough and again with herbs. This is our 4th trip in ten years, just do it, it is vast and the drives can be long. At the moment we are in adelaide and its more like an English summer, about 20 degrees but now at 8pm its cold and windy. There are lots of bushfires going on  over in Queensland and NSW with temperatures to hit about40. As this is a photo place I'll pm you when i get back about my takes on oz. Still can't upload anymore photos for some reason

Edited by Soulandy
Social source share

3 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Yes the meats were good but the canel was in a sausage with herbs. The kangaroo is nice, ive had it beforewith sauce. Ive had it 3 times on this trip. The emu steak was really nice, not tough and again with herbs. This is our 4th trip in ten years, just do it, it is vast and the drives can be long. At the moment we are in adelaide and its more like an English summer, about 20 degrees but now at 8pm its cold and windy. There are lots of bushfires going on  over in Queensland and NSW with temperatures to hit about40. As this is a photo place I'll pm you when i get back about my takes on oz. Still can't upload anymore photos for some reason

If it's any consolation it's a typical English winter! Cold, wet, windy, soggy, damp, dark, dismal!  Still, things could be a whole lot worse as you say. Sometimes we take "safe and ordinary" completely for granted and we shouldn't.  It's a shame you can't uploaded more photos.  Enjoy the rest of your adventures!

Social source share

On 14/11/2019 at 06:29, Flamingemeralds said:

....there isn't enough time until retirement and that keeps moving further away! 😂. I'll be too bonkers to go by then! 

Excuse me Mrs . You will be to bonkers to go by then. 🤔Have they found a cure in the last 2 weeks that I don't know about and you have been miraculously cured but it's only temporary 🤣🤣🤣 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Excuse me Mrs . You will be to bonkers to go by then. 🤔Have they found a cure in the last 2 weeks that I don't know about and you have been miraculously cured but it's only temporary 🤣🤣🤣 

Who told you?? 🤔

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Ribble Valley .

Preston in distance . Beautiful Autumnal Colours 

soul 20191129_095739

Very nice picture mate.  Finally got over the flu and clear skies forecast for the weekend , camera batteries are charged and I'm raring to go.  Pennington flash first thing in the morning for a dawn start and hopefully glorious sunrise 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

I`ll see your sunrise over Ashton and raise you...............

soul dawn

No problem with that Steve. Non whatsoever.  Far better photograph. 

Infact I would go as far as too say apart from one video on FB  of the sunrise at Amroth nr Tenby which shows the wet beach ,the sea and sky all red, your picture is as good as any I've ever seen 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

I`ll see your sunrise over Ashton and raise you...............

soul dawn

It looks like an oil painting! The colours are amazing. Hard to capture sometimes but that's exactly how the sky looked that morning. 👍🏼

Social source share

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

No problem with that Steve. Non whatsoever.  Far better photograph. 

Infact I would go as far as too say apart from one video on FB  of the sunrise at Amroth nr Tenby which shows the wet beach ,the sea and sky all red, your picture is as good as any I've ever seen 

Actually taken with the wife`s old HTC One, only thing missing is the Martian tripods!

Social source share

30 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Brilliant. Looks like the place is ablaze.  Funny how it's looks like that in real life but hard to get on a photo and I had mine on sunset mode. 🌞😀 .

Andy.  It's the sort of morning that photographers dream about.  Surprisingly the sunrise was the same over at least 250 miles of the West coast which I've never heard of before,  normally amazing sights like that are very localised.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share