Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

On 28/06/2019 at 14:21, Amsterdam Russ said:

Black storks - Kalloni salt pans, Lesvos.

BlackStork-1.jpg.255fc147fb967372672f4172dcc16091.jpg

BlackStork-2.jpg.1863c706ce8173e10307fa80a4fd8c48.jpg

It does sound like something off a high end restaurant menu....Black storks, kalloni salt pans and lesvos, served on a bed of mixed leaves. 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

That's bloody clever.  Hand building the lake.  🤣 

Steve 

Hahah!!!!! Steve, you are a one. But yes, a dreadful grammatical faux pas!. "Each ripple has been beautifully and individually produced using H2O and a slight breeze. The lake bottom hand sanded to facilitate pebbles, silt and a deepwater ecology system for waterborne creatures, flora and fauna. The shore line carefully placed close to local amenities and ale houses.  Boats have been kindly donated by locals and seasonal visitors". 

The boat was in the Queen's Jubilee Regatta on the Thames on that dreadful rainy day. It's my boss's (although he's retired now). He literally, and I do mean literally, built it himself.  He's not a tradesman, but like most geezers, loves to tinker in a workshop. It has about 12 coats of varnish. Like me 😂.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Hahah!!!!! Steve, you are a one. But yes, a dreadful grammatical faux pas!. "Each ripple has been beautifully and individually produced using H2O and a slight breeze. The lake bottom hand sanded to facilitate pebbles, silt and a deepwater ecology system for waterborne creatures, flora and fauna. The shore line carefully placed close to local amenities and ale houses.  Boats have been kindly donated by locals and seasonal visitors". 

The boat was in the Queen's Jubilee Regatta on the Thames on that dreadful rainy day. It's my boss's (although he's retired now). He literally, and I do mean literally, built it himself.  He's not a tradesman, but like most geezers, loves to tinker in a workshop. It has about 12 coats of varnish. Like me 😂.

Ha Ha.  How often do you need rubbing down and re - coating.

The description of the hand built lake was fabulous.  Love it. 

Your boss is a very skilled and clever man who must be so proud of his achievements. 

My shed is the for practical reasons only, no pottering about for me. Lawn mower,  hedge trimmer,  bike etc.  No bench or vice,  couple of shelves full of crap. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Ha Ha.  How often do you need rubbing down and re - coating.

The description of the hand built lake was fabulous.  Love it. 

Your boss is a very skilled and clever man who must be so proud of his achievements. 

My shed is the for practical reasons only, no pottering about for me. Lawn mower,  hedge trimmer,  bike etc.  No bench or vice,  couple of shelves full of crap. 

It was quite a flowery description. I used to be an estate agent (that should made me popular). My shed is full of supplies pending Brexit 😂.  

Social source share

2 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Day spent at Crews Hill adding to the plant collection .

Small London garden but perfectly formed,  “like me said the other half “.. yea right. 

I keep telling her , we could have a few acres up North ! 

4A70061A-2686-4F3D-BE45-EEF34FCC560D.jpeg

B4BA510A-104D-412B-B0C2-EC4433BF91F5.jpeg

That's just gorgeous! 👍

Social source share

15 hours ago, soulandy said:

Just had a week in Pefkos, Rhodes. It was a bit hot

20190702_143543.jpg

20190703_163817.jpg

2019-07-03-19-52-32-942.jpg

The last one is particularly stunning! Amazing! 👍

Social source share

On 22/06/2019 at 19:00, Winsford Soul said:

Stunning picture.  On my wishlist to go down to Norfolk to see these stunning creatures. 

Sadly Steve up on Hickling we have had cases of eggs and caterpillars stolen by collectors in recent years.They pull up the milk Parsley with them on.

End up with a pin through them on a board.

Think they have two broods so anytime during summer would be time to visit.

If your down let me know and i will take you for a buzz round the Thurne System on my boat

Social source share

1 hour ago, Ncfc said:

Sadly Steve up on Hickling we have had cases of eggs and caterpillars stolen by collectors in recent years.They pull up the milk Parsley with them on.

End up with a pin through them on a board.

Think they have two broods so anytime during summer would be time to visit.

If your down let me know and i will take you for a buzz round the Thurne System on my boat

Thanks mate. Really appreciate your kind offer.  

These people don't give a fcuk about the environment and the creatures that live in and depend on it.  As long as they have their trophies.  

Steve 

Social source share

On 08/07/2019 at 14:55, Steve Lane said:

Just had a walk (Not a week) in the woodland near us. 😀

20190704_144139.jpg

20190704_144031.jpg

Life on Earth: And here, in the depths of the British wilderness, we can see, a very... rare... female soulie, adorned in her spectacular linen plumage and open toe sandals, gently making her way through the undergrowth in search of food.  If we wait quietly we may be lucky enough to hear her call to her mate "Oi, Steve, bloody hurry up will you!"

Lovely photos. You forget just how green summer is.  👍😊

Social source share

21 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Life on Earth: And here, in the depths of the British wilderness, we can see, a very... rare... female soulie, adorned in her spectacular linen plumage and open toe sandals, gently making her way through the undergrowth in search of food.  If we wait quietly we may be lucky enough to hear her call to her mate "Oi, Steve, bloody hurry up will you!"

Lovely photos. You forget just how green summer is.  👍😊

Very eloquently put . Sir David Attenborough would be proud of the narration.  

Steve.  X

Social source share

Beacon Fell is only ten minutes in the car from my house. The best time is really early morning. 6am. On mornings like this..... Sometimes you're lucky enough to spot deer up there. Or rather, they spot you. They stand stock still and just stare.  Five minutes away is Brock Bottom, another lovely walk. I do like Ollie the Owl!

Social source share

11 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Beacon Fell is only ten minutes in the car from my house. The best time is really early morning. 6am. On mornings like this..... Sometimes you're lucky enough to spot deer up there. Or rather, they spot you. They stand stock still and just stare.  Five minutes away is Brock Bottom, another lovely walk. I do like Ollie the Owl!

Also 10 minutes from ours . Beautiful place .

Seen the Deer only twice I 3 Years living there .

Though plenty evidence of them eating tree Bark . Brock Bottoms is a good walk also . Regularly see King Fisher and Dippers . Occasionally Red Kites . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I stuck it between my knees because I was panicking and trying to get a good shot close up.  Cannabis? In my garden? How does that happen??? I've thrown it in the wheelie bin. 😲

Social source share