Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

13 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Had a trip to Anya Beach Turkey .

Place of National interest.  Location for Green Turtles laying eggs on Beach . Locals help them apparently . 

soul 20191015_170812

soul 20191015_170434

soul 20191015_170608

When you get the boat from Icmeler  to the mud baths at Dalyn. The larger vessels are  moored offshore and you transfer to smaller boats and your landed at a place called Turtle beach before you have a boat ride through the freshwater lakes and rivers ( incidentally where the African Queen was filmed) to the mud baths 

Steve 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Out on the bike to the Amsterdam woods armed with my camera on an afternoon that just got greyer and more drizzly as the hours passed. Not great conditions for taking pics, but I did get a few shots of mushrooms before conditions got too bad.

_DSC7178-web.jpg.9db46cc3b0f5aef6da70b6d771c90b90.jpg

_DSC7165-web.jpg.24aabb260ac4b047b4f84c0c23176144.jpg

_DSC7148-web.jpg.90760ce74c60aef2439ec9755ac273e3.jpg

_DSC7127-web.jpg.3591f0aea5cb6d457bb0ef44efeee6e4.jpg

_DSC7122-web.jpg.5090118fb6b743a3582c30a8d7823ead.jpg

These are brilliant!!! 👍🏼 Imho. 😊

Social source share

46 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

These are brilliant!!! 👍🏼 Imho. 😊

Thank you. That’s appreciated. Quite happy with them myself, but think they could have been better if I’d gone out with a bit more preparation. 

With fungi often being found on or close to the ground, even just having a carrier bag with me would have enabled me to kneel down and get better compositions. I have a small fold-up chair that would have been perfect today. Being a wuss, I didn’t want to spend my afternoon cycling around with wet and muddy knees or worse, a wet and muddy backside! 😂

Social source share

54 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Thank you. That’s appreciated. Quite happy with them myself, but think they could have been better if I’d gone out with a bit more preparation. 

With fungi often being found on or close to the ground, even just having a carrier bag with me would have enabled me to kneel down and get better compositions. I have a small fold-up chair that would have been perfect today. Being a wuss, I didn’t want to spend my afternoon cycling around with wet and muddy knees or worse, a wet and muddy backside! 😂

Russell . One of those posh cameras with the tilty  flipy thingy screens would have been just perfect.  Camera on ground, screen points upwards so as you can see from the ground up to the mushrooms.  Great pictures mate 

PS. I haven't got one of those posh cameras.  

Steve 

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Russell . One of those posh cameras with the tilty  flipy thingy screens would have been just perfect.  Camera on ground, screen points upwards so as you can see from the ground up to the mushrooms.  Great pictures mate 

PS. I haven't got one of those posh cameras.  

Steve 

Thanks. That camera thingy sounds a bit too posh for me! 

I did take a few worm's-eye view shots - holding the camera at arm's length at ground level, shooting upwards while crouched over – but it was a bit awkward to do... and as a result the pics didn't work. Had it not been so soggy out, and I had a carrier bag or something similar, I'd definitely have been on the ground taking pics. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Saw these tyres in the back of a van.  The patterns of the treads fascinated me. You'd think there's be one standard for tread. One that is more effective than all the others, but obviously not. I'm calling this photo "Tyred out" ! 🙄

soul IMG_20191019_141450464~4

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Louise.  You could always use a rubber to erase them from your memory when your tyred.

Hat , coat , door. Just leaving 

Hmmm, yes, that joke is running a bit flat Steve, you'll have your audience deflating.  😊.  

Social source share

Above photos are Port Alcudia beach, some shots of Alcudia Old Town, second one down is the view from our room and last photo is looking down "the strip" where most of the bars, restaurants and shops are.  Weather was between 25 and 30C all week long.  Got a couple of litre bottles of decent Ron Barcelo rum for 14 Euros each too, result!  Apparently there was a soul bar in Alcudia once but a bloke I got talking to in another bar said it had closed down.

Edited by BigGordy
Typos.
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Wayoutgirl said:

Love the images however the description is fab as well 😁

Thank you! The description is very apt - as we finished our walk at about 6pm, the light changed dramatically - and it really was a golden glow. Conditions were a bit hazy, so no real 'sunset' as such. Instead, we had this kinda yellowy light in front of us that was weak, but still bright enough to create the soft light effects and the opportunity to set the camera for silhouettes. Making most of the chances, I guess.

Social source share

12 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Thank you! The description is very apt - as we finished our walk at about 6pm, the light changed dramatically - and it really was a golden glow. Conditions were a bit hazy, so no real 'sunset' as such. Instead, we had this kinda yellowy light in front of us that was weak, but still bright enough to create the soft light effects and the opportunity to set the camera for silhouettes. Making most of the chances, I guess.

The light is amazing isn't it! 👍🏼

Social source share

3 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Absolutely gorgeous. Obviously the sun sets very rapidly, so I needed to work fast in taking pics before the light faded too much. 

The Amsterdamse Bos is a wonderful place and well worth visiting any time of the year.

I've looked on the internet. It looks fab, and close to the city too. I've never been to Amsterdam, but I intend to one day! I'll certainly make the national forest a "must do", definitely! 👍🏼🤗😊

Social source share