Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

2 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Picking my missus up from Preston Hospital. 

Fortunately able to capture Air Ambulance land .

soul VideoCapture_20191211 163258

Someone has stolen the helicopter from the picture.  Flamingemeralds,  Hope you have a alibi  🤣🤣🤣 Don't tell me that your also a helicopter pilot 😁

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Someone has stolen the helicopter from the picture.  Flamingemeralds,  Hope you have a alibi  🤣🤣🤣 Don't tell me that your also a helicopter pilot 😁

Nahhhh,  I just scrub it everyday with a toothbrush and Sainsbury's cream cleaner Steve, WD40 on the rotors, bit of a hoover out, replenish the jelly babies and Andrex super soft, quilted, aloe Vera, toilet tissue (translation for the blokes - bog roll) for the crew.  Sometimes I get to sit in the cockpit and go "waka waka waka waka, watch out below, coming into land", but not very often. 😉

Social source share

2 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Nahhhh,  I just scrub it everyday with a toothbrush and Sainsbury's cream cleaner Steve, WD40 on the rotors, bit of a hoover out, replenish the jelly babies and Andrex super soft, quilted, aloe Vera, toilet tissue (translation for the blokes - bog roll) for the crew.  Sometimes I get to sit in the cockpit and go "waka waka waka waka, watch out below, coming into land", but not very often. 😉

Can't you sleep. That's a guilty conscience 🤣. Did you forget to clean something on the helicopter 🤔. You are Waka waka, 🤣the scary thing is that I know what you mean 😅

Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I just had to share this photograph of a long tailed Tit that's just been posted on Instagram by a guy who I follow from Finland called sooseli This is without doubt one of the best photographs that I have ever seen 

soul 20191216_182856

Fantastic. Looks like it's just come out of the beauty parlour ready for the Christmas party  :-)

Social source share

23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I just had to share this photograph of a long tailed Tit that's just been posted on Instagram by a guy who I follow from Finland called sooseli This is without doubt one of the best photographs that I have ever seen 

soul 20191216_182856

Awwwww!!!!!! 😲 Look at that!!!!!! Isn't that the cutest thing ever!!!!  And yes! It looks as though it's been for a pamper day!  Awww, awww,  sweeeeeeet!!! 

Social source share

It's quite a place isn't it!  That's Eddie, he took over the business from his parents and now his three sons run things; the garden centre, the nursery and landscaping business and the Barton Grange  hotel, which has just been sold to another hotelier and is changing it's name to Barton Manor (at least that's the rumour), so that'll be the end of an era.

Then there's the Flowerbowl on site where you can do curling, ten pin bowling, crazy golf and the lovely cinema with sofas!  There's a lovely coffee area and two restaurants, simulated golf, a shop selling all sorts of games....  You can go on narrow boat themed trips on the Lancaster Canal too.  There hasn't been a northern soul one yet though 😂.  

The Topping family work so damned hard and they do a lot for charity too.   I grew up with the boys, Peter, Ian and Guy.   I remember when the garden centre had just a large shed where they sold small gardening paraphernalia, like secateurs, phostrogen and Dymo labelling machines. They used to sell tropical fish too.   I can't believe how it's developed like it has.  

They're a great family and the place is well worth a visit.  The blokes will love the men's loos. Apparently the urinals are in the form of ceramic flowers 😂.   

The sculpture of Eddie was done by another childhood friend, Peter Hodgkinson.   It looks just like Eddie. Amazing.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Flamingemeralds said:

It's quite a place isn't it!  That's Eddie, he took over the business from his parents and now his three sons run things; the garden centre, the nursery and landscaping business and the Barton Grange  hotel, which has just been sold to another hotelier and is changing it's name to Barton Manor (at least that's the rumour), so that'll be the end of an era.

Then there's the Flowerbowl on site where you can do curling, ten pin bowling, crazy golf and the lovely cinema with sofas!  There's a lovely coffee area and two restaurants, simulated golf, a shop selling all sorts of games....  You can go on narrow boat themed trips on the Lancaster Canal too.  There hasn't been a northern soul one yet though 😂.  

The Topping family work so damned hard and they do a lot for charity too.   I grew up with the boys, Peter, Ian and Guy.   I remember when the garden centre had just a large shed where they sold small gardening paraphernalia, like secateurs, phostrogen and Dymo labelling machines. They used to sell tropical fish too.   I can't believe how it's developed like it has.  

They're a great family and the place is well worth a visit.  The blokes will love the men's loos. Apparently the urinals are in the form of ceramic flowers 😂.   

The sculpture of Eddie was done by another childhood friend, Peter Hodgkinson.   It looks just like Eddie. Amazing.

Hey Mrs😁. Alongside all your other talents you now also work for the local tourism industry  and have a font of all local knowledge.  Is there no end to this 🤣

Social source share

2 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Yep . Rather strange pissing in a flower lol . Class all round . Great appraisal.  Exact and to point 

Social source share

18 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Yep . Rather strange pissing in a flower lol . Class all round . Great appraisal.  Exact and to point 

Thank you. I feel as though I've just passed an exam 😂😂!  Are you a teacher? 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

The iconic. Would you like to swing on a star was i,m guessing based on something like this three day old crescent moon. Unfortunately where i live and  when i took the photograph Venus had disappeared from my view

soul IB2A2173 (2)

We saw this crescent on our way home and didn't realise the bright star next to it was Venus. We commented it looked like a scene from the Christmas story. Chuffed now to know what that bright star was.

Fabulous photo too 😊 

• Up vote 1
Social source share