Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Ed. What you going to do after the weekend 

Start looking for Monasteries closer to home that can produce very strong beer that tastes ok... and it's a shame because there used to be plenty before Henry the 8th got his knickers in a twist. 

Bloody religion and politics.....have a lot to answer for...

Anyway here's an update on stock levels.

Ed

IMG_20181118_1016520.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I'm trying to identify the track in the thread below but I've posted it here as well as there's one piece of camera work in the film that may be of interest to those on this thread. It's from 3.35 to 4.00. To be filming through the bottle in 1969, impressed me.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

59 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Just visited a hidden gem of horticulture in North London as advised to by my son whose stated doing an Arborist qualification at the Collage .

Capel Manor in Ealing .. 

Spectacular with lots of variations of gardens for the visitors as that’s where they experiment in garden design .

Pictures taken this past weekend , so imagine when it really starts to bloom. 

86BCDACD-53C6-4206-9CF2-E4D81CA64F5D.jpeg

EE0C9872-7D12-4062-B283-A2FE55FC9592.jpeg

89895343-A7CC-447F-9B6C-D11389464323.jpeg

B9587DAD-68CB-41AD-84FE-EE059511218A.jpeg

CEE8D5B6-AEDF-4335-9911-25367526800A.jpeg

Looks good. Mate. Just needs moving I up norf and it will be sorted. Would even visit it myself. That reminds me, think it's time for my first visit of the year to Ness and bodnant garden's 

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Great pictures Russell and great your out and about with the camera again 

Cheers, Steve. It's definitely been a long time. Really enjoyed it - both the photo taking and the cycling. I really need to get out more for the sake of my health. At the back end of last year I developed a major thrombosis in my leg. Being too sedentary for too long and not doing exactly what I did today lies at the heart of that.

But now the brighter weather is here, there's no excuse... :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

18 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

There was a pair of Black Necked Grebe as well

582_045.jpg.445bbc50f2ac3e645052193fdbeaf0db.jpg

582_177.jpg.aea58465c6bb900e585e40876de6d45e.jpg

There was a slightly elusive one at Pennington flash but I never got round to seeing it. Managed to get a few pictures of a female Wheatear but from a massive distance 300 metres plus. 500 mms lens with a X2 converter doesn't do the bird justice.  Don't think they're good enough to publish on here. Will have a look when I've downloaded them from the camera 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

Odd framing on that Sparrow Steve ... (I am swaying more towards Sparrow than Reed Bunting, wasn't sure to start with) 

You have got better eye's than me Martyn.  😁😁😁. Just had a pair of Siskins on my feeders for the 1st time ever.  Got a few pictures through the Windows.  Well chuffed.  

Looking forward to seeing you both on Saturday night at Willington mate

Social source share

41 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

Odd framing on that Sparrow Steve ... (I am swaying more towards Sparrow than Reed Bunting, wasn't sure to start with) 

Well spotted Martyn !!!  took me ages to spot it, It looks like a sparrow to me 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share