Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Amsterdam Russ's profile photo

Show us your great photos (2019)

Freebasing Amsterdam Russ

 
Posted

Tenby. North Beach.  Just spent the last five hours on this gorgeous beach in the glorious sunshine 

20180929_131758.jpg

  • Up vote 12

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Tawny Owl, in last nights  evening sunshine

IB2A0221 (3).JPG

  • Up vote 12

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Tawny Owl, in last nights  evening sunshine

IB2A0221 (3).JPG

WAMAW

Could not resist it...

Ed

 

Screenshot_20190607-223417.png

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Our local Greek train - have to say we were chuffed to bits! 

0236E6C6-29DF-4CDE-B929-1003A8D9548C.thumb.jpeg.a6bde9521ddc1569ba68f5b295c6d1ff.jpeg

  • Up vote 7

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Male Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

Only the male has the red on the back of its head

IB2A0359 (2).JPG

IB2A0365 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 13

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Lytham St Anne's seafront this morning.

IMG-20190609-WA0004.jpg

  • Up vote 8

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Begger in Bilbao...

72EE8025-A9F3-4B98-B430-C5F8AAF9CA2A.jpeg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 8

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Euskal Pintada ‘Graffiti’ ! 

06AAE6A1-5552-47F7-8D84-E634CF05BA10.jpeg

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

funny how nature can thrive in town settings, this is my dog in the middle of bee friendly long grass in Widnes, lots of bees buzzing around - they were completely uninterested in us - there was so much wildlife here today, surprised by the amount of swans in particular

 

 

 

 

spike.jpg

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Shufflin said:

funny how nature can thrive in town settings, this is my dog in the middle of bee friendly long grass in Widnes, lots of bees buzzing around - they were completely uninterested in us - there was so much wildlife here today, surprised by the amount of swans in particular

 

 

 

 

spike.jpg

Spike island  ? 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Spike island  ? 

Good morning Mr Smith, hope you are well.

Definitely Spike island, great place for a walk, unfortunately the canal near Fiddlers is temporarily  fenced off , so you can't walk to the Ferry Tavern .

Ste .

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
7 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

Good morning Mr Smith, hope you are well.

Definitely Spike island, great place for a walk, unfortunately the canal near Fiddlers is temporarily  fenced off , so you can't walk to the Ferry Tavern .

Ste .

Good evening Sir. Very well thank you very much . Trust you are well and safe mate.  Just spent another fantastic day in glorious sunshine down here in Tenby.  Will post the pictures later 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
21 hours ago, Shufflin said:

lots of bees buzzing around - they were completely uninterested in us

Probably more interested in the Giant Rabbit in the background. 😉

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Stained glass window from a chapel on Caldey island 

20190610_174834.jpg

  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

These Greek island steps are much, much steeper than they look, and a real bugger when heading back up the hill from the sea in 32 degree heat with a backpack laden with wet swimming gear, snorkel, mask, flippers and a cheeky bottle of Ouzo! 

A0DFB612-0E7E-4155-BACB-B3EEDE3E348E.thumb.jpeg.018dc6d247bb801fcc3f5497342b9d72.jpeg

  • Up vote 8

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Stained glass window from a chapel on Caldey island

very nice light capture

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
11 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

These Greek island steps are much, much steeper than they look, and a real bugger when heading back up the hill from the sea in 32 degree heat with a backpack laden with wet swimming gear, snorkel, mask, flippers and a cheeky bottle of Ouzo! 

A0DFB612-0E7E-4155-BACB-B3EEDE3E348E.thumb.jpeg.018dc6d247bb801fcc3f5497342b9d72.jpeg

Dump the ouzo Russell,  disgusting stuff 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Cinnabar Moth

20190611_111218.jpg

  • Up vote 5

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Puffin with sand eels, In flight. Razorbill. Guillemot

IB2A0404 (2).JPG

IB2A0449.JPG

IB2A0475 (3).JPG

IB2A0485 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dump the ouzo Russell,  disgusting stuff 

Have to disagree about that - it’s the nectar of the gods! 😎😉

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Classic Greece...

930A3E2D-13F2-4447-B0E0-79497FF2EF27.thumb.jpeg.a8f89c67bf50f31c917043c178aa4e7c.jpeg

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Bank Vole

 

 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

IB2A0500 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Superb sardines in Sigri...

8899B880-6DBD-4FFB-A7F1-FA589AA754B6.thumb.jpeg.0f92288cb7f7da9b914810769263b061.jpeg

  • Up vote 7

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Just took delivery of a pair of Bluetooth ear buds from Amazon.  Obviously Chinese made, as something has got lost in translation.....

20190613_141446.thumb.jpg.51cf5b580a793fab8a2d8ba1537059b4.jpg

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
Quote

 

Badger

IB2A0583 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 10

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Just took delivery of a pair of Bluetooth ear buds from Amazon.  Obviously Chinese made, as something has got lost in translation.....

20190613_141446.thumb.jpg.51cf5b580a793fab8a2d8ba1537059b4.jpg

SoundPeats?

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, middleman said:

SoundPeats?

They're actually very good.  Worked straight out of the box, paired with a Sony HD Audio Walkman.  Good sound, excellent wireless range, and you can recharge them several times from the small carry case they come in.  All for less than £30.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 06/06/2019 at 15:27, Winsford Soul said:

Tenby. North Beach.  Just spent the last five hours on this gorgeous beach in the glorious sunshine 

20180929_131758.jpg

Oh...

What's occurring? 

Going in July! Hope it's like this! 

Ed

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

They're actually very good.  Worked straight out of the box, paired with a Sony HD Audio Walkman.  Good sound, excellent wireless range, and you can recharge them several times from the small carry case they come in.  All for less than £30.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97

Good to know, thanks Steve, think I'll get some myself.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, middleman said:

Good to know, thanks Steve, think I'll get some myself.

I better post a "great" photo just so I don't feel guilty about going off topic.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Oh...

What's occurring? 

Going in July! Hope it's like this! 

Ed

Ed. I've been coming down to Tenby for year's mate and the weather is normally good. Home tomorrow after two weeks here and there's only been a few bad days when it never stopped raining.

Stunning place. 

Recommend the plantagenet restaurant if you want something a cut above the standard pub grub

Steve 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Cheers

Thanks for the tip....

 

Ed

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Wet Badger cub

 

IB2A0688 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 10

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

White house sparrow 

This is a stunning bird which is extremely rare. Probably the rarest bird that I will ever see.  I have never seen one before and i probably will never see another one 

Steve 

 

IMG_20190614_160213_466.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 12

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

White house sparrow 

This is a stunning bird which is extremely rare. Probably the rarest bird that I will ever see.  I have never seen one before and i probably will never see another one 

Steve 

 

IMG_20190614_160213_466.jpg

Just done a google search, very rare apparently, not many sightings even reported. Lucky to see and photograph that. Nice one.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
14 minutes ago, middleman said:

Just done a google search, very rare apparently, not many sightings even reported. Lucky to see and photograph that. Nice one.

Thanks mate.  I knew it was a rare one but wasn't sure how rare.  I'm well chuffed now. 

Steve

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  I knew it was a rare one but wasn't sure how rare.  I'm well chuffed now. 

Steve

How does it happen Steve? it's obviously not an albino.  I've seen albino ravens, crows, magpies and jackdaws, even an albino bluejay in Toronto, but that white house sparrow must have had a hard time growing up.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

little bugger ran across the garden (from the posh hedgehog house we've installed under the bushes) to scavenge on cat leavings

we feed our hog family everynight but obviously birds innards are too much to resist even in daylight

sleep well

 

hedgehog.jpg

  • Up vote 7

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

How does it happen Steve? it's obviously not an albino.  I've seen albino ravens, crows, magpies and jackdaws, even an albino bluejay in Toronto, but that white house sparrow must have had a hard time growing up.

Dave. It something called  luesism/  luesistic. ( not sure on spelling)   A total lack of pigment apparently.  It will have normal vision unlike the albino birds and animals so even though it's more visible to predators it can see them perfectly which as you know mate gives it a fighting chance.  

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

White house sparrow 

This is a stunning bird which is extremely rare. Probably the rarest bird that I will ever see.  I have never seen one before and i probably will never see another one 

Steve 

 

IMG_20190614_160213_466.jpg

Ya seen one now steve 👏👏 fabulous m8 first for us too 👏🚀 keep up the good work 🙏 hope you n lou being good 😁 atb baz n shelly Xx

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. It something called  luesism/  luesistic. ( not sure on spelling)   A total lack of pigment apparently.  It will have normal vision unlike the albino birds and animals so even though it's more visible to predators it can see them perfectly which as you know mate gives it a fighting chance.  

Steve 

A once in a lifetime sighting I would have thought, unless you've stumbled on a small colony.  I get visited by a sparrow with a cyst on her head that has survived even though her vision might be somewhat impaired by it, it looks like she has a crest, I think she's even managed to breed this year too.  I looked it up on the white one it's called leucism, so your spelling wasn't far off at all.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
16 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  I knew it was a rare one but wasn't sure how rare.  I'm well chuffed now. 

Steve

I'm sure you are. What a fabulous experience for you.   It's a gorgeous little thing too. It's a shame there aren't more of them. I bet it's gone back to tell it's buddies that it's just seen a very rare Steve wielding a camera. They'll all be Googling you.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

White house sparrow 

This is a stunning bird which is extremely rare. Probably the rarest bird that I will ever see.  I have never seen one before and i probably will never see another one 

Steve 

Leucistic birds are not as rare as you would think Steve, quite often get partial ones.

About 15 years ago we had a golden coloured house sparrow in the garden ... guess what we called it 😉

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, martyn pitt said:

Leucistic birds are not as rare as you would think Steve, quite often get partial ones.

About 15 years ago we had a golden coloured house sparrow in the garden ... guess what we called it 😉

Goldie? 😂

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Leucistic birds are not as rare as you would think Steve, quite often get partial ones.

About 15 years ago we had a golden coloured house sparrow in the garden ... guess what we called it 😉

I've seen partial one's before mate. Get a blackbird coming in the garden with a partial white wing but I've never seen a full bird before.  Have you ? 

Don't think anyone on here knows of or has seen a fully Luecistic bird before Martyn 

 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
17 hours ago, baz1 said:

Ya seen one now steve 👏👏 fabulous m8 first for us too 👏🚀 keep up the good work 🙏 hope you n lou being good 😁 atb baz n shelly Xx

Baz. Trust you are well and safe mate.  👍And the lovely Shelly still looking after you 😁. All good thank you very much.  😁Bit knackered today after the 200 odd miles drive from Tenby,  not even playing out tonight.  🤣 Good to see you back on here mate. . Love to you both. XX

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Picture shows affects of excessive ground water following deluge .

Importance of Run off ditches to alleviate flooding and good drainage.  Acting as first point of food source and oxygen enriched flow to streams and Rivers . 

20190614_141051.jpg

  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Badger Cob. Portrait

 

IB2A0771 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Had a few comments about this particular photograph on different social media platforms. The badger Trust would like to use it, crediting me of course and other comments about how easy this picture would sell.

What do people on here think ? 

Should I start selling my prints ?

Has anyone gone down a similar path ?

Steve

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.