Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

Guest Shufflin

funny how nature can thrive in town settings, this is my dog in the middle of bee friendly long grass in Widnes, lots of bees buzzing around - they were completely uninterested in us - there was so much wildlife here today, surprised by the amount of swans in particular

spike.jpg

Social source share

10 hours ago, Shufflin said:

funny how nature can thrive in town settings, this is my dog in the middle of bee friendly long grass in Widnes, lots of bees buzzing around - they were completely uninterested in us - there was so much wildlife here today, surprised by the amount of swans in particular

spike.jpg

Spike island  ? 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Spike island  ? 

Good morning Mr Smith, hope you are well.

Definitely Spike island, great place for a walk, unfortunately the canal near Fiddlers is temporarily  fenced off , so you can't walk to the Ferry Tavern .

Ste .

Social source share

7 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

Good morning Mr Smith, hope you are well.

Definitely Spike island, great place for a walk, unfortunately the canal near Fiddlers is temporarily  fenced off , so you can't walk to the Ferry Tavern .

Ste .

Good evening Sir. Very well thank you very much . Trust you are well and safe mate.  Just spent another fantastic day in glorious sunshine down here in Tenby.  Will post the pictures later 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

These Greek island steps are much, much steeper than they look, and a real bugger when heading back up the hill from the sea in 32 degree heat with a backpack laden with wet swimming gear, snorkel, mask, flippers and a cheeky bottle of Ouzo! 

A0DFB612-0E7E-4155-BACB-B3EEDE3E348E.thumb.jpeg.018dc6d247bb801fcc3f5497342b9d72.jpeg

Dump the ouzo Russell,  disgusting stuff 

Social source share

4 hours ago, middleman said:

SoundPeats?

They're actually very good.  Worked straight out of the box, paired with a Sony HD Audio Walkman.  Good sound, excellent wireless range, and you can recharge them several times from the small carry case they come in.  All for less than £30.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97

Social source share

9 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

They're actually very good.  Worked straight out of the box, paired with a Sony HD Audio Walkman.  Good sound, excellent wireless range, and you can recharge them several times from the small carry case they come in.  All for less than £30.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphone-Automatic-Isolation-Luxury-Black/dp/B07P1T5P97

Good to know, thanks Steve, think I'll get some myself.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Oh...

What's occurring? 

Going in July! Hope it's like this! 

Ed

Ed. I've been coming down to Tenby for year's mate and the weather is normally good. Home tomorrow after two weeks here and there's only been a few bad days when it never stopped raining.

Stunning place. 

Recommend the plantagenet restaurant if you want something a cut above the standard pub grub

Steve 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

White house sparrow 

This is a stunning bird which is extremely rare. Probably the rarest bird that I will ever see.  I have never seen one before and i probably will never see another one 

Steve 

IMG_20190614_160213_466.jpg

Just done a google search, very rare apparently, not many sightings even reported. Lucky to see and photograph that. Nice one.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  I knew it was a rare one but wasn't sure how rare.  I'm well chuffed now. 

Steve

How does it happen Steve? it's obviously not an albino.  I've seen albino ravens, crows, magpies and jackdaws, even an albino bluejay in Toronto, but that white house sparrow must have had a hard time growing up.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

little bugger ran across the garden (from the posh hedgehog house we've installed under the bushes) to scavenge on cat leavings

we feed our hog family everynight but obviously birds innards are too much to resist even in daylight

sleep well

hedgehog.jpg

Social source share

57 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

How does it happen Steve? it's obviously not an albino.  I've seen albino ravens, crows, magpies and jackdaws, even an albino bluejay in Toronto, but that white house sparrow must have had a hard time growing up.

Dave. It something called  luesism/  luesistic. ( not sure on spelling)   A total lack of pigment apparently.  It will have normal vision unlike the albino birds and animals so even though it's more visible to predators it can see them perfectly which as you know mate gives it a fighting chance.  

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

White house sparrow 

This is a stunning bird which is extremely rare. Probably the rarest bird that I will ever see.  I have never seen one before and i probably will never see another one 

Steve 

IMG_20190614_160213_466.jpg

Ya seen one now steve 👏👏 fabulous m8 first for us too 👏🚀 keep up the good work 🙏 hope you n lou being good 😁 atb baz n shelly Xx

Social source share

10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. It something called  luesism/  luesistic. ( not sure on spelling)   A total lack of pigment apparently.  It will have normal vision unlike the albino birds and animals so even though it's more visible to predators it can see them perfectly which as you know mate gives it a fighting chance.  

Steve 

A once in a lifetime sighting I would have thought, unless you've stumbled on a small colony.  I get visited by a sparrow with a cyst on her head that has survived even though her vision might be somewhat impaired by it, it looks like she has a crest, I think she's even managed to breed this year too.  I looked it up on the white one it's called leucism, so your spelling wasn't far off at all.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  I knew it was a rare one but wasn't sure how rare.  I'm well chuffed now. 

Steve

I'm sure you are. What a fabulous experience for you.   It's a gorgeous little thing too. It's a shame there aren't more of them. I bet it's gone back to tell it's buddies that it's just seen a very rare Steve wielding a camera. They'll all be Googling you.

Social source share

19 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

White house sparrow 

Steve 

Leucistic birds are not as rare as you would think Steve, quite often get partial ones.

About 15 years ago we had a golden coloured house sparrow in the garden ... guess what we called it 😉

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, martyn pitt said:

Leucistic birds are not as rare as you would think Steve, quite often get partial ones.

About 15 years ago we had a golden coloured house sparrow in the garden ... guess what we called it 😉

Goldie? 😂

Social source share

2 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

I've seen partial one's before mate. Get a blackbird coming in the garden with a partial white wing but I've never seen a full bird before.  Have you ? 

Don't think anyone on here knows of or has seen a fully Luecistic bird before Martyn 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, baz1 said:

Ya seen one now steve 👏👏 fabulous m8 first for us too 👏🚀 keep up the good work 🙏 hope you n lou being good 😁 atb baz n shelly Xx

Baz. Trust you are well and safe mate.  👍And the lovely Shelly still looking after you 😁. All good thank you very much.  😁Bit knackered today after the 200 odd miles drive from Tenby,  not even playing out tonight.  🤣 Good to see you back on here mate. . Love to you both. XX

Social source share

Had a few comments about this particular photograph on different social media platforms. The badger Trust would like to use it, crediting me of course and other comments about how easy this picture would sell.

What do people on here think ? 

Should I start selling my prints ?

Has anyone gone down a similar path ?

Steve

Social source share