Bangor City Soul

Hey, being a part-time resident in Bangor at uni I'm pretty gutted to be missing out on this Amwlch all nighter, it sounds a great laugh! Hope you all have a good time. Am I right in saying that there is a similar type of soul night in Bangor every so often?

• Replies 14
  • Views 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,I will also be missing the Amlwch niter due to family commitments,unfortunately the Bangor soulnights ceased recently due to the conservative club changing hands.

There will be Northern soul(an oldies night) at The Penrhyn Old Hall on the 30th December.

I will be running a more progressive Northern night in the Conwy Valley area from February 10th 2007(8pm 'til 2am),more details will be published nearer to the date when all the dj's are confirmed,this will definately NOT be an oldies night!.

Hope this helps,John Elias. thumbsup.gif

Edited by dancingcollector

Hi,I will also be missing the Amlwch niter due to family commitments,unfortunately the Bangor soulnights ceased recently due to the conservative club changing hands.

There will be Northern soul(an oldies night) at The Penrhyn Old Hall on the 30th December.

I will be running a more progressive Northern night in the Conwy Valley area from February 10th 2007(8pm 'til 2am),more details will be published nearer to the date when all the dj's are confirmed,this will definately NOT be an oldies night!.

Hope this helps,John Elias. :thumbsup:

bangor nites aint been cancelled

was told today by guys running it

the next one is first weekend of jan 2007

and then same monthly

the northern soul night at Old Hall Llandudno is a xmas north wales northern bash and revivals/oldies format is to fit in with thus

monkey and such is stilll active and all dates and venues for 2007 will be annouced when ready

as always we be featuring the best quality djs and aim to offer the best quality events around these parts

wish you luck in putting on your event

As you all go to Bangor on a regular basis, does any one know what happened to a guy called Mikey ? He had a pub in Bangorend the jukebox was full of soul. I used to see him and his brother every where in the 80`s. A crowd of them would get a taxi.

Sorry to change the subject

Mark

As you all go to Bangor on a regular basis, does any one know what happened to a guy called Mikey ? He had a pub in Bangor and the jukebox was full of soul. I used to see him and his brother every where in the 80`s. A crowd of them would get a taxi.

Mark

As you all go to Bangor on a regular basis, does any one know what happened to a guy called Mikey ? He had a pub in Bangor and the jukebox was full of soul. I used to see him and his brother every where in the 80`s. A crowd of them would get a taxi.

Mark

ye mikey was at amlwch with us sat its his 50th at the old hall 30th dec , he lived abroad for 10 years or so but is back in babgor now at the ships launch, pub in bangor pm me and i,ll give you his contact number or mail me steven00soul@aol.com

best steve t :thumbsup:

Hey, being a part-time resident in Bangor at uni I'm pretty gutted to be missing out on this Amwlch all nighter, it sounds a great laugh! Hope you all have a good time. Am I right in saying that there is a similar type of soul night in Bangor every so often?

if our in bangor area pop in george the barbers shop asking whats going on or pop down to the ships launch ask for mikey or faith they should put you right!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

steve t

ps good luck with new venue john hope all goes well!!

Guest lagerlout

ye mikey was at amlwch with us sat its his 50th at the old hall 30th dec , he lived abroad for 10 years or so but is back in babgor now at the ships launch, pub in bangor pm me and i,ll give you his contact number or mail me steven00soul@aol.com

best steve t thumbsup.gif

was in the ship launch a few weeks ago..the jukebox as gone but still plenty of northern played on the c,d. system behind the bar...my mate,s got the pub next door to him the tap&spile.

was in the ship launch a few weeks ago..the jukebox as gone but still plenty of northern played on the c,d. system behind the bar...my mate,s got the pub next door to him the tap&spile.

hi Lagerlout , the pub mikey used to have was the waterloo , hes now at the launch !!the soul nites at bangor are at the con club first friday of every month, we also have a soul nite in llandudno, 30th dec with soul sam and brain rae, plus north wales motley crew, met you at a do in llanfair pc about 18months ago , at a charity do?? you are petes mate?

Guest lagerlout

hi Lagerlout , the pub mikey used to have was the waterloo , hes now at the launch !!the soul nites at bangor are at the con club first friday of every month, we also have a soul nite in llandudno, 30th dec with soul sam and brain rae, plus north wales motley crew, met you at a do in llanfair pc about 18months ago , at a charity do?? you are petes mate?

yeah that,s right and a big mate of derek bagnell off the island aswell it was him who got me to come to the charity do.used to go to the soul nights in bangor when they were at the club nr the football ground.with the likes of cel thomas...good lad cel. hope to visit in the near future, is it the conny club on the main street opposite the dole office.

pete

Edited by lagerlout

yeah that,s right and a big mate of derek bagnell off the island aswell it was him who got me to come to the charity do.used to go to the soul nights in bangor when they were at the club nr the football ground.with the likes of cel thomas...good lad cel. hope to visit in the near future, is it the conny club on the main street opposite the dole office.

pete

YES MATE, con club is on mainstreet but think soon is changing its name!!

do us a favour pete , pm me derek bagnells email address ta lost contact wid him and ain,t seen him about since that do

cheers

best for xmas steve T

The Conservative Club is now the 'Free Function Room', can't say I've been in yet. It's near the dole office at the bottom of the high street. I won't be around in the first week of January unfortunately but hopefully there will be other nights coming up. The Bangor student radio station shall hopefully be back up and running in January and I'll be doing a Motown and Northern soul show on Friday nights. Haven't been in Ship Launch but been in the Tap and Spile, it's a nice pub especially if you like real ale.