Rob Moss's profile photo

News: BKE Records Launch 2019 - Brothers Of Soul

All About the SOUL Rob Moss

Posted
News/Article/Feature Highlight:

BROTHERS OF SOUL to launch BKE RECORDS in 2019. Release details and more...

View full article

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great news Rob - nice to think that these guys can finally get paid for their contribution to soul music. I'm puzzled about Fred Bridges though, having come across this a while ago suggesting he'd died in January 2018:

https://www.soultracks.com/story-fred-bridges-dies

soul source url
Posted

Interview conducted at his home in Detroit when we were setting things up, before he passed.

soul source url
Posted

Thanks Rob, sorry to hear it's confirmed, but good that he was aware of the interest in his work.

soul source url
Posted

I brought the Brothers of Soul over to perform in Cov. in 2011 and, although they didn't believe it going in, they realised how much their work and performance was appreciated over here. It was a great night and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it (I think !)

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
On 02/01/2019 at 19:27, Rob Moss said:

I brought the Brothers of Soul over to perform in Cov. in 2011 and, although they didn't believe it going in, they realised how much their work and performance was appreciated over here. It was a great night and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it (I think !)

Yes it was a tremendous performance, a good bunch of the Banbury soul crowd came along and I know Roger Saint, who worked with you on this, was equally proud of the event!

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Edited by chalky

soul source url
Posted

Hi Chalky,

nice posting and it took me to your Flickr album of the event. Excellent photos, and I do like the one of Eddie Hubbard with Fred Bridges at the end.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
11 hours ago, seano said:

Hi Chalky,

nice posting and it took me to your Flickr album of the event. Excellent photos, and I do like the one of Eddie Hubbard with Fred Bridges at the end.

Hi Sean

Twas a great night.  They were so humble amd truly gobsmacked by the support and appreciation.  I know his voice wasn’t great but to show our appreciation is what matters. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
7 hours ago, chalky said:

Hi Sean

Twas a great night.  They were so humble amd truly gobsmacked by the support and appreciation.  I know his voice wasn’t great but to show our appreciation is what matters. 

Checking out your photos on Flickr reminded me that I'd taken a bunch that night and the next morning too. Nothing like as good as yours unfortunately, but here you go:

• Thanks 1

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.