Ernest Ernie & The Sincerities - 7" release

Seano

Having thought this was great when I saw it referenced on another thread here on Soul Source, I was hoping to hear of a 7" release. I'd commented on the official video thread on YouTube and having just looked in noticed I'd had a reply from David Pinches to say it had now come out a few days ago.

Gutted to discover that I can't find it in stock anywhere - anyone got any knowledge of where I can try?

Meanwhile, just because it's so good, here's the link again to the tune:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

I think it is a fairly limited release and as its been all over social media and advertised by dealers, there is probably little chance of getting one immediately. However some will come to the market in the short term I'm sure, like most of the other limited releases do.

Is it a limited release? I’ve not seen any mention to say it is.  Hopefully another run will be done and back in stock as plenty had copies to sell initially. 

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

the 45 is a re-issue,  it was originally released on LP - yes I went there OVO

paying £50 to scalpers for a vinyl I already own on its it's first issue is a bit silly

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

If the release is really limited,

I believe that is only a matter of time to hit triple figures,

I'm not saying that it is fair but this is reality,

I only buy 7" records so I was happy with this release

it's still a re-issue, the LP remains the original; anyway a few merchants have it available for order from 11th Jan, so we'll see, glad you are happy though (the b side When is very nice, been playing that for free on Spotify)

Social source share

12 minutes ago, shufflin said:

it's still a re-issue, the LP remains the original; anyway a few merchants have it available for order from 11th Jan, so we'll see, glad you are happy though (the b side When is very nice, been playing that for free on Spotify)

Which Lp?

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

LP EXP 59, Side C

10 for sale from £15 on discogs

we either believe in OVO or we don't

this track has been getting played out for ages on the modern scene

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

4 minutes ago, shufflin said:

LP EXP 59, Side C

10 for sale at £15 on discogs

we either believe in OVO or we don't

this track has been getting played out for ages on the modern scene

Think the download was earlier 😜

All original as far as I’m concerned. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
55 minutes ago, chalky said:

Think the download was earlier 😜

All original as far as I’m concerned. 

we seem to pick and choose how we regard original vinyl (OVO), there will be people chucking money away for a record that was originally released on vinyl last year

Social source share

10 hours ago, chalky said:

I have never bought i to the OVO shite that is bandied about by some, they make half of it up as they go along to suit.  We never worried about ovo crap until recently.  Who is gonna tell Ernest Ernie we can’t play their 45 because it is a reissue?

I have never seperated Lp releases and 45 release, foreign and local releases like some.  

Lp, 45, download, all original formats.  The flip of the 45 isn’t on the Lp and so on.....just the same as 7” and Lp releases from previous years.  

They have an Lp out later this year, no doubt this will be on it. 

Well they themselves seem to be promoting the fact that a 45 is available in some US shops so I’m with Chalky. 

Social source share

Hadn't meant for this to shift towards a debate around OVO. Really appreciate all the tips around trying to get hold of it. Like Scootboy, I prefer to get hold of 45s, and as this is a legitimate release direct from the band / label then I don't have a problem with that. The band and their distributors will get their take and not a bootlegger; that, to me, is the crucial difference we ought to be concerned with.

I've tried the US links posted on Ernest Ernie & the Sincerities Facebook page but no joy at Rough Trade NYC, nor Northern Lights and A1 Records. Dusty Groove had just sold out, so I've contacted the band directly.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Scootboy said:

Did the American brothers ( Rough Trade NYC, Northern Lights, A1 Records) reply to you or are you still waiting for an answer?

I only checked on their links given via EE&S Facebook posting. Rough Trade had nothing via a search, Northern Lights just had a phone number (website photos look good and I like the name!) which I haven't followed up, and A1 took me to Instagram and then an unavailable website.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I ordered one from Dusty Groove at around 8:00 this morning, they never said sold out but when I checked just now there’s no picture of the 45. I’ll wait till I get a definite confirmation but the payment went through. Let’s see!!

Social source share

1 minute ago, philb said:

I ordered one from Dusty Groove at around 8:00 this morning, they never said sold out but when I checked just now there’s no picture of the 45. I’ll wait till I get a definite confirmation but the payment went through. Let’s see!!

Sounds like you got in just in time - nice one!

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Mark R said:

I'll stick with my original! 👍

20190101_132730.thumb.jpg.19be89b01c871987060ff6fb9614a669.jpg

The rare soul scene eh.  Tell me this:  if it's that good (which it is, BTW!), would you be prepared to miss out on (supporting) it if it didn't land on a 45?  Seems some would which I find totally bizarre!

Cheers,

Mark R

Agreed Mark. I'm very attached to my 45s, so was hoping this would make it to vinyl. But as an original download I'd have no problem hearing this played out as a digital file. I presume the only reason it's made it to a single release is because of feedback from downloads and being included on the Expansion compilation.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Mark R said:

I'll stick with my original! 👍

20190101_132730.thumb.jpg.19be89b01c871987060ff6fb9614a669.jpg

The rare soul scene eh.  Tell me this:  if it's that good (which it is, BTW!), would you be prepared to miss out on (supporting) it if it didn't land on a 45?  Seems some would which I find totally bizarre!

Cheers,

Mark R

Pathetic isn’t it Mark. Those like you who paid for a download and played it out and got a response deserve the plaudits. 

I played it on the radio off a memory stick over Christmas 😜

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Mark R said:

Yep, I'd say that's pretty much true!  Most of you know that I DO understand the vinyl preference, it's mine too, but I just find it laughable that folk are only interested (in something they think is a stunning piece of music BTW) when it arrives on vinyl.  It's laughable and very much the downside of that part of the UK soul scene.

Anyway, here's a bit of a potted history and some credit where it's due as I understand it, please correct me if you know better:

- first brought to many people's attention via Mark Merry's "Soul Sermon" show on Starpoint Radio back in the summer of 2018

- suggested for inclusion on the Expansion yearly (2018) compilation by Roger Williams

- released on a 45 on It's Soul Time records by top man Andy Lothian, an ex-pat residing Stateside.

So there you go, just enjoy the music! 👍

Cheers,

Mark R

Did you play it early on at Alfreton on Sunday Mark? I know Mr Curtis opened his set with it and the two guys right at the end played it as well but I'm sure I heard it 3 times which, I know may by some be classed as bad form as in Dj's not listening to fellow Dj's sets and then repeating certain tracks but no complaints here 👍.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
6 hours ago, seano said:

Hadn't meant for this to shift towards a debate around OVO.

same, what set me off was seeing someone list one for £50 on Discogs which is scalping imo, all i wanted to do was let people know it was already available on vinyl albeit an LP not a 45. Juno claim it's 'forthcoming on the 11th' and you can set a release alert with them, if they've got a batch arriving from the US.

Social source share

34 minutes ago, Fishdockroad said:

Did you play it early on at Alfreton on Sunday Mark? I know Mr Curtis opened his set with it and the two guys right at the end played it as well but I'm sure I heard it 3 times which, I know may by some be classed as bad form as in Dj's not listening to fellow Dj's sets and then repeating certain tracks but no complaints here 👍.

I did sir, second track in!  First was Amp Fiddler "Seven Mile"  Two decent 45's from 2018 I reckon!! 👍

And I was on before the others, so in that respect NOT GUILTY!  LOL

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
37 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Is it me, or do I hear a similar riff to Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On"

more like 'mercy mercy me'?

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
22 hours ago, Scootboy said:

I remember reading buy Do Something at Juno Records. In stock now for same day shipping,let's hope that I'm wrong

it came out today on Juno did you get one?

Social source share

Juno has changed the status to out of stock.

I got a message that it was released today,

I opened the link,I tried to add it in my cart...and of course it was sold out,I took a screenshot,

there is a great possibility that they stocked only one copy,

discogs has the first £75 one for sale today,yesterday,five £50 were sold.

I had already ordered a copy before this thread started,it posted today because the seller was on holidays,I'll probably have it next week,

ds.jpg

Edited by Scootboy
dyslexia
Social source share

I got the Juno alert too, sadly it got to my email at 4.07, but by the time I'd got home just now and checked email it was too late. I tried the link and phoned through  - the guy told me they'd sold all 20 pretty much straight away. Would have been nice for the 'Feel Good Friday' feeling, but hopefully others of you were more lucky / quicker off the mark.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!