Ernest Ernie & The Sincerities - 7" release

Seano

7 minutes ago, chris anderton said:

Phil,

I guess over the next few months the record will find it's level as any duplicate copies will come up for sale. I would suggest that that level would be nowhere near 200 quid...nearer 50 maybe.

Chris

I’d say you’re right Chris, I had a look this morning and all 7 inch copies on Discogs have gone since yesterday, a future collectible indeed. 

Social source share

Hey everyone, 

I understand all this chat is relevant to the record in question but we’re straying a little bit away from the meaning of this sub forum. We’d like the wants posts to stick to finding the record in question any other discussion please direct it to the ‘Box’ subforum.

Nice one!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, chris anderton said:

I think more likely that the chancers have just removed it from sale after bad publicity rather than it has sold....but who knows!

Chris

No sales history so presume he removed it, one for sale £156

Edited by chalky
Social source share

21 hours ago, James Rice said:

Hey everyone, 

I understand all this chat is relevant to the record in question but we’re straying a little bit away from the meaning of this sub forum. We’d like the wants posts to stick to finding the record in question any other discussion please direct it to the ‘Box’ subforum.

Nice one!

posts from the want topic have now been moved and merged into this topic

end result - one topic in the box forum

please use this forum rather than the sales posts for any follow on discussion

Social source share

3 hours ago, constellation161 said:

Very well put Dave, can’t believe the greed of some of these people. I’ve got no issues with anyone finding records from back in the past and making money but from new releases leave them to the people who want to own them and play them for there own pleasure.

Mick Perrins 

And there you have it......agree entirely.

Doing the legwork, expensive flights, dangerous neighborhoods........fair play if you find a 50 count box and make a bit of money.

As for the new release bandits, sitting by their computer snagging copies that others could buy and enjoy........well it becomes a 50 c(o)unt box doesn't it?

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

32 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

While I'm still waiting for my copy,

can anyone who owns the record,tell me how good the sound quality on this 7" release is?

Does the vinyl itself,the labels etc look as they should,

there are some new releases that are horrible

I thought the sound quality was excellent. The label also fine, just black on a silver/grey background. Outer edge of label very smooth, the inner edge just a tiny bit puckered. Vinyl surface immaculate. Plain white paper sleeve.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 minutes ago, seano said:

I thought the sound quality was excellent. The label also fine, just black on a silver/grey background. Outer edge of label very smooth, the inner edge just a tiny bit puckered. Vinyl surface immaculate. Plain white paper sleeve.

Agree fully.  Nothing over exciting as labels go but then it doesn't need to be as the record speaks for itself. That said, other than the cheap paper sleeve that most of us, I imagine, discard I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Ted Massey said:

I know these record producers need to get rid of the tunes but surely limiting the amount each dealer/collector can buy from source might give real collectors a chance or am I being a little nieve 😂😂

Blimey Ted you are a little :) You have records in your box that were made, or at least in circulation(less than 250).... bet you wouldn't swap your George Pepp :)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Typo
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Fishdockroad said:

Possibly old news to a lot on here but a re-press is due in March.  Some dealers already advertising and taking pre-orders. Lots more going up on Discogs and eBay mostly at reduced prices. 

soon been a change of heart there..its only been out 3 weeks and 2 weeks ago they wernt goin to repress it.. lets hope its a bit different from the 1st press as some guys right or wrong paid over the top for it... so glad i sold my spares at cost

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, dave pinch said:

soon been a change of heart there..its only been out 3 weeks and 2 weeks ago they wernt goin to repress it.. lets hope its a bit different from the 1st press as some guys right or wrong paid over the top for it... so glad i sold my spares at cost

Yes, I was wondering about that Dave. Do they have to make it clear its a second press? What has happened in the past? I know when sourcing records before the internet I've since learnt that a couple of mine have been second press/ re-issue and people even arguing/discussing which was first. As you say a lot of people, rightly or wrongly, have paid over and above initial selling price just to get one in their collection. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, chalky said:

If it is from the same master it will still be a first press.  It will only be a reissue if a new master with a new matrix number etc is used.  

We had that with the JD Hall's, as he used the same masters 25 years later.😫

If I like a new release I tend to buy it either when issued or on pre-sale, but even then I do miss some.  I think its the norm for independant labels to only press between 250/300 copies as in reality the market is quite small and they don't want to be left with a load of unsold dead stock.  It's great for a label where interest its sales requires a re-run, but I don't understand the snobbery of why people to want a clear distinction between the two presses when there is only a few months between the runs.  If people pay an inflatied price for a record, surely that's just between the buyer and seller.  Even if someone paid a large amount for a recent release, surely they're going to say they bought it at its initial sale price?

Edited by John Reed
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

I'd just like tp play devil's advocate with the issue of this second press.

Point 1. Has the demand for a second press been created by the chancers buying up multiple copies i.e not enough to go around ?

Point 2. If the chancers panic and sell their spare copies off quick would this forfill the demand and thus make the repress unnecessary ?

Just a thought ?

Dave

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!