Ernest Ernie & The Sincerities - 7" release

Seano

Guest Shufflin
On 09/02/2019 at 19:17, seano said:

Checked mine earlier and yes, final second or so of playout.

it almost sounds like a vinyl 'click' , it's not the vinyl it's the sound?

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

so having just played both vinyl versions back to back 2 times

one has a click, one doesn't

Home Listening System: Technics SL1210, Cambridge amp, Dali speakers

Social source share

i think judging by the amount of copies that come up for sale..lots of guys got more than one copy and demand was over anticipated if thats the right word to use..is there really the demand for a second run now..it certainly seems to be losing momentum already..or are guys fed up with it already and are trying to cash in 

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

On 11/02/2019 at 10:02, Goldsoul said:

Halloffame05 is not our account and nothing to do with me. Apology would be nice. 

#ourlawyersarepermanentlywatchingyou

Do you want me to apologise for mistaking you with hall of fame or for calling you a good guy?

Also why are your lawyers watching me? Is that some kind of threat?

UTB...

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

looking at ebay and elsewhere it seems to be maintaining status as an in demand single, the re-issue 45 will probably just increase demand for the first issue, that's the way it goes

be interesting to see if any differences, matrix numbers etc

but if you haven't bought the record yet ...get the LP, it's cheaper, so many great other tracks on there

Edited by Shufflin
edited to remove annoying comment lol
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin
2 minutes ago, philb said:

Might put a stop on all the ridiculous prices now.  

it says it's a limited run so maybe not, scalpers are probably on it already

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

Buy, buy, buy!!

already own it on 45 & LP 🙂

I do hope it means 'normal fans' can get it this time at sensible price

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

On 12/02/2019 at 23:41, shufflin said:

looking at ebay and elsewhere it seems to be maintaining status as an in demand single, the re-issue 45 will probably just increase demand for the first issue, that's the way it goes

be interesting to see if any differences, matrix numbers etc

I still think the Expansion LP is the original vinyl...who cares.....

but if you haven't bought the record yet ...get the LP, so many great other tracks on there

But if it was a 60s compiliation with a big northern favourite it would be frowned upon by most.  The original is the original source of a track, in this case download.

The Lp the first reissue, the 45 the second. But does it really matter, they are all original and anyone who frowns upon one or the other needs to give their head a wobble.

The group would be shaking their heads in disbelief to see all this bollox about one or the other being the original.  Just enjoy the music for once, however you buy it. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

4 minutes ago, chalky said:

or

The group would be shaking their heads in disbelief to see all this bollox about one or the other being the original.  Just enjoy the music for once, however you buy it. 

Yes just imagine how they’d feel after the effort and struggle to get a release and then read such a debate ! They need every leg up they can , not this shyte. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Maybe the best thing for the group/record co would be not to say how many copies are to be pressed . 

I don’t think they have said how many are or have been pressed except when they got pressure for more.  Maybe they should just press enough in the first place.  The onlynissue I’ve been told is storage but another 500 copies is a few boxes that take up little roon once stacked.  They, and other labels have had some idea of the demand before the or a 45 was pressed and so should have done a 1000 or whatever in hindsight.  The additional cost is relatively small and doesn’t take too many sales to recoup from what I can see  once artwork etc is paid for  

I also think outlets should restrict purchases tomone per customer, I know some do and have. That would stop much of the exploitation. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
40 minutes ago, chalky said:

The group would be shaking their heads in disbelief to see all this bollox about one or the other being the original

my point wasn't really about OVO, it was that the LP can be obtained for a lot less than the 45 so why buy the expensive 45 on ebay/discogs or wherever? just get the cheaper vinyl version- that's not 'bollox' or 'shyte' it's common sense

but then again some people like to collect only 45's....

and some people buy 'em to flog 'em on at inflated prices

Social source share

2 minutes ago, shufflin said:

my point wasn't really about OVO, it was that the LP can be obtained for a lot less than the 45 so why buy the expensive 45 on ebay/discogs or wherever? just get the cheaper vinyl version- that's not 'bollox' or 'shyte' it's common sense

but then again some people like to collect only 45's....

and some people buy 'em to flog 'em on at inflated prices

Well why didn’t you just say that rather than “the exansion lp is the original”. We wouldn’t have all this crap then. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, chalky said:

We wouldn’t have all this crap then. 

the last post on this topic was Feb 13th! All I did yesterday was post that the re-press was available, thinking that it might be helpful. Instead I get called out for a post I made weeks ago 🙂

Social source share

50 minutes ago, shufflin said:

the last post on this topic was Feb 13th! All I did yesterday was post that the re-press was available, thinking that it might be helpful. Instead I get called out for a post I made weeks ago 🙂

I didn’t see it untill the topic was resurrected

Social source share

1 hour ago, shinehead said:

Its a great song and who gives a f**k what the original is , I get the ovo thing for records decades old but for new releases there is no need and it seems to be an issue what should not exist.

It only seems to exist with the northern soul lot, everyone else couldn’t give one.  It is often someone with an agenda who pushes the ovo thing.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, chalky said:

It only seems to exist with the northern soul lot, everyone else couldn’t give one.  It is often someone with an agenda who pushes the ovo thing.

And there you have it...........

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
11 minutes ago, the yank said:

Just ordered the 45 from Dusty Grooves- they took the order and then I got an e-mail an 

hour later saying the 45 was out of stock ?? 

it's another very limited release, so I'm not surprised it's sold out again, I did get mine confirmed and it's been shipped - contrary to one or two others on here I won't be selling it on Discogs I'm giving it to friend who has been after a copy from the beginning, not a penny asked

Social source share

15 minutes ago, chalky said:

I’ve yet to get the new Lp.  I was hoping it would be available on vinyl too. 

Not sure it’ll get a vinyl release, though the first album did, but also on itunes as well as Bandcamp for now. Interesting that when you buy it on Bandcamp there’s no fixed price, up to the buyer to input what they think is fair, but fixed price on itunes. Hopefully they’ll make a few quid from download sales etc to keep rolling anyway.

Edited by Scotters
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
4 minutes ago, Scotters said:

Not sure it’ll get a vinyl release, the first album didn’t as far as I know, but also on itunes as well as Bandcamp for now. Interesting that when you buy it on Bandcamp there’s no fixed price, up to the buyer to input what they think is fair, but fixed price on itunes. Hopefully they’ll make a few quid from download sales etc to keep rolling anyway.

it's also on Spotify, probably tricky to get 14 tracks onto an LP, maybe someone will pick it up for vinyl release with a smaller list of tracks, some songs are stronger than others too, imo

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

personally tracks 7, 8 and 9 of the digital album are the best imo so any of them on a 45 would be okay by me

looks like an LP might be a possibility too, hope so

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
4 hours ago, douglaschip said:

Assumed mine was second press but no sign of small light red New York apple on flip side??  So not sure - anyway - great record!!

Adam.

then yours is a first press - prices seem to be creeping up again since the red apple clarification

I ordered a second press of a record last year and they sent me the first press, so it does happen

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

Could the second press be rarer and more collectible than the first?

I’ll get me coat. 

hope so (I own both until I give one away), plus I've got the LP, plus the download, hell I've even got it on Spotify, all bases covered, just don't have it on tape

Social source share

9 minutes ago, philb said:

Could the second press be rarer and more collectible than the first?

I’ll get me coat. 

It will be until the extremely limited third press comes out with its extremely limited edition special birth sleeve.

Edited by the yank
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
28 minutes ago, the yank said:

It will be until the extremely limited third press comes out with its extremely limited edition special birth sleeve.

a future auction might go like:

"...this is the real deal, a modern soul phenomenon in better than perfect condition, mint does not do it justice, every aspiring serious DJ must own this for credibility alone, filling the dance floors everywhere since 2018, a pure copy in it's birth sleeve..."

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!