The Fellows - George Cinton ? 1967

Look At Your Box Blackpoolsoul

Posted

I think George was lead on this, but any ideas on the complete line up please

Fellows A.jpg

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

I thought it was George Clinton and the Parliaments.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Your right chalky George was the lead on the parliaments  not sure about the fellows.  Have to give it a listen. 

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, speedlimit said:

Your right chalky George was the lead on the parliaments  not sure about the fellows.  Have to give it a listen. 

I think Chalky is trying to say it's George and The Parliaments using a different name....unless I read it wrong ?

soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I think Chalky is trying to say it's George and The Parliaments using a different name....unless I read it wrong ?

Yes

soul source url
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, chalky said:

Yes

So do you think this is connected with the Group name issue and the court case (which the other group won I believe) and George just called this release The Fellows to save any problems occurring legally, or am I of the mark here (do any dates tally)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
More accurate

soul source url
Posted
14 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

So do you think this is connected with the Group name issue and the court case (which the other group won I believe) and George just called this release The Fellows to save any problems occurring legally, or am I of the mark here (do any dates tally)

Which other group name?

soul source url
Posted
11 hours ago, chalky said:

Which other group name?

The Huntingdon West Virginia Parliaments (Litlle Archie) that won the court case making George change "his" Parliaments group name

soul source url
Posted

George Clinton later went on to win the rights back to use the parliaments back again.The name originated from a packet of cigarettes. 

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

The Huntingdon West Virginia Parliaments (Litlle Archie) that won the court case making George change "his" Parliaments group name

No that was a couple or three years later, 1970 when they evolved into Parliament and Funkadelic

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, chalky said:

No that was a couple or three years later, 1970 when they evolved into Parliament and Funkadelic

So it was just an "Alias" then ?

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.