Lisa Pearson's profile photo

Wombat I'm Gettin On Life - Background Info

All About the SOUL Lisa Pearson

Posted (edited)

I have read so many comments on this band here is more info They were also known as Joey Day and The Dares and are in Michigans Rock and Roll Legends hall of fame. https://www.michiganrockandrolllegends.com/mrrl-hall-of-fame/222-joey-day-and-the-dares. They were also the recording band for a couple of The Dynamics songs one i know of is "Misery" because my dad was in Wombat, Joey Day and The Dares and The Royal Playboys "Goodby Bo" As a child this song was never my favorite but it grows on you lol.

Edited by mike
extended title
  • Up vote 7

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

thanks for sharing 👍

soul source url
Posted

Thanks for posting. Great tune back in the day - remember recording it at Wigan in 1975. Was bootleged due to popular demand. Hard to find an original copy but well worth seeking out. Hearing Wombat today is still a joy as it’s become a forgotten spin.

soul source url
Posted

An original

IMG_20170322_0009.thumb.jpg.cde2fd8812fa820b7949abc71d0c7ad6.jpgIMG_20170322_0010.thumb.jpg.832291d67618051a0e63baf4612f431f.jpg

soul source url
Posted
On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:55, Lisa Pearson said:

in  I have read so many comments on this band here is more info They were also known as Joey Day and The Dares and are in Michigans Rock and Roll Legends hall of fame. https://www.michiganrockandrolllegends.com/mrrl-hall-of-fame/222-joey-day-and-the-dares. They were also the recording band for a couple of The Dynamics songs one i know of is "Misery" because my dad was in Wombat, Joey Day and The Dares and The Royal Playboys "Goodby Bo" As a child this song was never my favorite but it grows on you lol.

Thanx for clearing a couple of myths up for me..bought this record in early 70s..I revived this at a couple of gigs I did about 15yrs or so back,and its still in my playbox,today What a fantastic record,and respect to ya dad..As a collector,i wonder if you could point me towards tracking any of there material down.(On vynal).etc..Respect for the input,and blog?..Burt.x.

email; burtweed.on1@gmail.com....Thanxx

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.