Don't Do Nothing I Wouldn't Do

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

WONDER IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO RECORDED " DON'T DO NOTHING I WOULDN'T DO" FIRST.

I KNOW CONNIE VAN DYKE RECORDED THIS AND CAME OUT ON WHEELSVILLE-112 BUT I PICKED UP ANOTHER VERSION BY "DEBRA HEALY& THE MAGICTONES ON CHRYSLER 701, THIS IS A GREAT VERSION BUT A BIT MORE MELLOW THAN CONNIES, ANY INFO ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT.

Hiya Chalky,

Debra Healy & The Magictones is a 1965 recording and Connie Van Dyke is a 1969 recording

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Hiya Chalky,

Debra Healy & The Magictones is a 1965 recording and Connie Van Dyke is a 1969 recording

https://www.seabear.se/Wheelsville.html

This lists Debra Healey's also as a Wheelsville issue in 1965 with Connie's version being issued in 66 (by 69 she was starring in such consummate movies as Hells Angels 1969!).

Yep, Words Won't Come is very naughty. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

From Soulful Detroit:

"I'm guessing Willie Garrett dusted-off the masters of his 1963 Debra Healy and the Magictones' recordings and got Mike to re-release them on Wheelsville USA. That was about two years after they came out on the Chrysler label.

The songs had been cut at United Sound and feature key Funk Brothers, James Jamerson, Joe Hunter, Uriel Jones and Eddie Willis, with the then Magic Tones line-up of Willie "Gut" Allison, Bob Finch, Calvin "Doc" Stephenson, and Richard "Dickie" Thompson. The Wheelsville release, shown above, simply credits Debora Healey.

Conny Van Dyke covered the group's "Don't Do Nothing I Wouldn't Do," after a brief one-record stint at Motown and it's her version that's popular at Northern Soul clubs: thanks to McKinley Jackson's vibe-laden, up-tempo arrangement."

Connie did an LP on Dot in '75, think that was country Simon, she did a country based film with Burt Reynolds at the time (I think). Yeehaw, whos up for a line dance?

Social source share

From Soulful Detroit:

"I'm guessing Willie Garrett dusted-off the masters of his 1963 Debra Healy and the Magictones' recordings and got Mike to re-release them on Wheelsville USA. That was about two years after they came out on the Chrysler label.

The songs had been cut at United Sound and feature key Funk Brothers, James Jamerson, Joe Hunter, Uriel Jones and Eddie Willis, with the then Magic Tones line-up of Willie "Gut" Allison, Bob Finch, Calvin "Doc" Stephenson, and Richard "Dickie" Thompson. The Wheelsville release, shown above, simply credits Debora Healey.

Conny Van Dyke covered the group's "Don't Do Nothing I Wouldn't Do," after a brief one-record stint at Motown and it's her version that's popular at Northern Soul clubs: thanks to McKinley Jackson's vibe-laden, up-tempo arrangement."

Connie did an LP on Dot in '75, think that was country Simon, she did a country based film with Burt Reynolds at the time (I think). Yeehaw, whos up for a line dance?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO ON THIS :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!