Artist and Track Title from part of lyrics

John Fowkes

Help . I attended music nights held on the upper floor  where a great deal of the music played was soul. That place was know as " The Stork Club " located on Annesley Road, Hucknall, Notts., U.K. The time was 1965 till about 1969 I think. The resident D.J. was Mr Tom Barnes. His mode of transport at the time was a Fiat ( I think ) van decked out in camouflage along the lines of a T.V. series at the time called " F Troup ".

Occasionally Tom would play a track, an upbeat soul tempo which I really liked. I never knew what the track was called or who the artist was. I can however remember part of the lyrics which went " checking it back in your heart, I stick my neck out just once again " or something very much like it. I have never been able to find out what that track is or who performed it, despite many attempts to find out.

Sadly the Stork Club has long gone, it was formerly a snooker & billiards hall.

If anyone out there can help to identify the track it would resolve a mystery for me that has lasted for 50 years.

Regards

John.      

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 12/01/2019 at 18:04, John Fowkes said:

Help . I attended music nights held on the upper floor  where a great deal of the music played was soul. That place was know as " The Stork Club " located on Annesley Road, Hucknall, Notts., U.K. The time was 1965 till about 1969 I think. The resident D.J. was Mr Tom Barnes. His mode of transport at the time was a Fiat ( I think ) van decked out in camouflage along the lines of a T.V. series at the time called " F Troup ".

Occasionally Tom would play a track, an upbeat soul tempo which I really liked. I never knew what the track was called or who the artist was. I can however remember part of the lyrics which went " checking it back in your heart, I stick my neck out just once again " or something very much like it. I have never been able to find out what that track is or who performed it, despite many attempts to find out.

Sadly the Stork Club has long gone, it was formerly a snooker & billiards hall.

If anyone out there can help to identify the track it would resolve a mystery for me that has lasted for 50 years.

Regards

John.      

Ho John don't know the track but always thought f troop was about a us cavalry  troop 

Social source share

Thank you for your reply. F Troop was most certainly an American TV series running from around 1965 to 1968 I think and as you suggest was about a us cavalry troop. If the track I am trying to trace comes to your attention I would appreciate you telling me. Regards John

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!