Jump to content
  • Sign Up
chalky

Motown Unreleased 60 at 60

Recommended Posts

How could you leave out The Monitors' "Crying In The Night", Carolyn Crawford's "Lover Boy" and "Until You Came Along", The Contours' "Baby Hit and Run", Tammi Terrell's "All I Do (Is Think of You)" and The Marvelettes' "I Should Have Known Better"?

I'd have used Jimmy Ruffin's great vocal version of "On The Avenue".  What about Shorty Long's great "A Woman Just Won't Do Right"?

 

Edited by RobbK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RobbK said:

How could you leave out The Monitors' "Crying In The Night", Carolyn Crawford's "Lover Boy" and "Until You Came Along", The Contours' "Baby Hit and Run", Tammi Terrell's "All I Do (Is Think of You)"?

I'd have used Jimmy Ruffin's great vocal version of "On The Avenue".  What about Shorty Long's great "A Woman Just Won't Do Right"?

 

I quite easily left those selections out. I only had 60 choices and many wee made by friends. I could probably have done another 60 quite easily. In fact if we can come up with 60 more I will do part two. 

2 hours ago, Soul Hippy said:

Crikey, I'm just grateful for 60 tracks that are there many first timers for me, sterling work. Credit where its due and its due.👍

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign up/in to remove

Brenda Holloway's "Crying Game" listed above is VERY CLOSE to her unreleased Motown song, "Crying Time".  Did she actually sing two songs with those titles, or is "Crying Game" an error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobbK said:

Brenda Holloway's "Crying Game" listed above is VERY CLOSE to her unreleased Motown song, "Crying Time".  Did she actually sing two songs with those titles, or is "Crying Game" an error?

It is Crying Time, I think it is titled incorrectly on the Cd and I just didn’t think to correct it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chalky said:

It is Crying Time, I think it is titled incorrectly on the Cd and I just didn’t think to correct it. 

Got it mixed up with the British film, "The Crying Game".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.