Motown Unreleased 60 at 60

Chalky

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Soul Hippy

Awesome work Chalky, I Went straight to mixcloud after a tip off so missed this thread originally. Marvin Gaye blew my head clean off.

Social source share

How could you leave out The Monitors' "Crying In The Night", Carolyn Crawford's "Lover Boy" and "Until You Came Along", The Contours' "Baby Hit and Run", Tammi Terrell's "All I Do (Is Think of You)" and The Marvelettes' "I Should Have Known Better"?

I'd have used Jimmy Ruffin's great vocal version of "On The Avenue".  What about Shorty Long's great "A Woman Just Won't Do Right"?

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

20 hours ago, RobbK said:

How could you leave out The Monitors' "Crying In The Night", Carolyn Crawford's "Lover Boy" and "Until You Came Along", The Contours' "Baby Hit and Run", Tammi Terrell's "All I Do (Is Think of You)"?

I'd have used Jimmy Ruffin's great vocal version of "On The Avenue".  What about Shorty Long's great "A Woman Just Won't Do Right"?

I quite easily left those selections out. I only had 60 choices and many wee made by friends. I could probably have done another 60 quite easily. In fact if we can come up with 60 more I will do part two. 

2 hours ago, Soul Hippy said:

Crikey, I'm just grateful for 60 tracks that are there many first timers for me, sterling work. Credit where its due and its due.👍

Thank you. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, RobbK said:

Brenda Holloway's "Crying Game" listed above is VERY CLOSE to her unreleased Motown song, "Crying Time".  Did she actually sing two songs with those titles, or is "Crying Game" an error?

It is Crying Time, I think it is titled incorrectly on the Cd and I just didn’t think to correct it. 

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!