Connaught Hotel Wolverhampton Xmas Party

Craig W

A Cellarfull of Soul's Christmas party to be held upstairs on the ground floor (from the cellar venue) in the main ballroom at The Connaught Hotel , Tettenhall Road (A41) just 2 minutes outside the town centre on Friday 29th December with Dj's Woody , Hitsville Chalky , Craig Westwood and special guests for the night Little Scotty and Dave Rimmer.

It will run from 7pm through till 2am. Musically it will be Classic Northern soul , Motown and R&B with the policy bieng on having a great time with a party atmosphere.Everything is played off vinyl over a high powered system.

The ballrooom has a huge real wooden dancefloor and an adjoining bar area with large chill out sofas.

Admission will be £5.00 on the door with a promotional admission price of £2.00 between 7-8 pm.There will be free 30 track CDs to the first 100 through the door.

There has been a fantastic feedback for this event with a large turnout expected.

It has possibly the best dancefloor in the country.

Why not stop overnight in the hotel?

Edited by Craig W
  • Replies 56
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes it is a great dancefloor should be a really good party atmostphere an ideal time to burn off those extra calories ~ hope to see you all there :thumbsup: hopefully with me and Sue looking like princesses on the door :thumbsup: .

Guest Phil Richards

Pete when did you take this pic of Dawn & Sue :thumbsup::wicked::shades:

Phil showed me this pic last night~ pee~ed myself laughing :shades: But I want to know what Dawn and Sue think of their new princess look? :wicked:

Sue xx

Well Sue I think pete smith as got me down to a T :thumbsup: can't speak for Sue as she is not on here that latest picture of me ~ reminds me I must book in for a perm before the Conaught Party nite :dance:

Guest Phil Richards

:rolleyes::thumbsup::lol: i will show sue :yes: they are the ugly sisters then so whos buttons?

You can be buttons if you want to? thumbsup.gif but you have to wear the full costume chalky whistling.gif:P:lol:

Sue

Guest Phil Richards

OK SUE SO I WILL BE BUTTONS SO WE ARE NEARLY THERE, HERE I WONDER WHO CINDERELLA CAN BE :thumbsup: PLEASE CAN I CHOOSE :wicked: SO CINDERELLA WILL GO TO THE BALL AFTER ALL

Ok Chalky, You can choose Cinderella :wicked: And it had better be ME :wicked::wicked::wicked:wink.gif

Sue

Guest Phil Richards

SUE DONT WORRY ITS NOT YOU THE SLIPPER WOULD NOT FIT IVE GOT ANOTHER PART FOR YOU :wicked:

Ehh excuse me Chalky, are you saying i've got big feet :rolleyes: and who the hell is Cinderella :wicked: and what other part have you got for me :angry: and it had better not be the wicked stepmother :thumbsup::yes: or your dead :wicked:

Sue

Guest Phil Richards

Right thats Cinderella sorted now what about our fairy godmother :thumbsup: I have some wishes I want granting :rolleyes: and its more than three I'm afraid :secret: xx

Yes, I can do that :wicked: i'm very good at granting wishes :wicked: but you can only have 3 wishes Dawn, and Chalky you'd better not say anything :wicked::wicked::yes:

Sue

Ehh excuse me Chalky, are you saying i've got big feet :rolleyes: and who the hell is Cinderella :wicked: and what other part have you got for me :angry: and it had better not be the wicked stepmother :thumbsup::yes: or your dead :wicked:

Sue

NICE ONE :wicked::wicked: NO I'M NOT SAYING THAT ABOUT YOUR FEET , THE SLIPPER WILL BE TO BIG tongue.gif AND CINDERLLA WILL BE ................................................................................

...... ALL REVELED SOON yes.gif

Guest Phil Richards

NICE ONE :wicked::wicked: NO I'M NOT SAYING THAT ABOUT YOUR FEET , THE SLIPPER WILL BE TO BIG :P AND CINDERLLA WILL BE ................................................................................

...... ALL REVELED SOON yes.gif

Your soooooo kind :yes::) Why dont you have Craig, :rolleyes: he would make a good Cinderella, :thumbsup: he only needs a few extentions in his hair, :yes:laugh.gif and he has big feet :P:wicked: Whoops :wicked:

Sue

A Cellarfull of Soul's Christmas party to be held upstairs on the ground floor (from the cellar venue) in the main ballroom at The Connaught Hotel , Tettenhall Road (A41) just 2 minutes outside the town centre on Friday 29th December with Dj's Woody , Hitsville Chalky , Craig Westwood and special guests for the night Little Scotty and Dave Rimmer.

It will run from 7pm through till 2am. Musically it will be Classic Northern soul , Motown and R&B with the policy bieng on having a great time with a party atmosphere.Everything is played off vinyl over a high powered system.

The ballrooom has a huge real wooden dancefloor and an adjoining bar area with large chill out sofas.

Admission will be £5.00 on the door with a promotional admission price of £2.00 between 7-8 pm.There will be free 30 track CDs to the first 100 through the door.

There has been a fantastic feedback for this event with a large turnout expected.

It has possibly the best dancefloor in the country.

Why not stop overnight in the hoteL

THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE DANCE OFF THO'S TURKEY BLUES SEE YOU THERE

7 - 9 PM CRAIG & HITSVILLE CHALKY'S MOTOWN, DETROIT AND CLASSIC SOUL PARTY WARM UP.

9 - 10 DAVE RIMMER

10 - 11 WOODY

11 - 11.45 HITSVILLE CHALKY

11.45 - 12.45 LITTLE SCOTTY

12.45 - 1.30 CRAIG

1.30 TILL FINISH CRAIG & HITSVILLE CHALKY'S MOTOWN , DETROIT AND CLASSIC SOUL PARTY.

CONNAUGHT HOTEL

FRIDAY 29th DECEMBER IN THE MAIN BALLROOM

GUESTS LITTLE SCOTTY DAVE RIMMER

HOSTS CRAIG W HITS VILLE CHALKY AND WOODY

PLAYING ALL YOUR FAVOURITE TUNES

OLD AND NEW IN THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON

I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS

THIS VENUE HAS EVERYTHING GOING FOR IT

AS STATED EARLIER THE DANCE FLOOR IS JUST GREAT

AND THE ROOM IS VERY APEALLING

SEE YOU ALL THERE

WOODY :thumbsup:

Oh yes it is ~ Could'nt agree more Woody the dance floor is superb one of the best I have danced on and judging by the phone calls this evening should be very busy too :thumbsup: so lets all chill out dance away the night and soak in the party atmosphere its going to be lovely I can feel it in my aching bones :thumbsup: and I look forward to seeing everyone there ~ its Partytime :thumbsup:

I really was going to come to this but no way am I going all night without a drink therefore can't drive home, I'd walk it but would anyone else walk through wolverhampton at night? anyone know how much the rooms are?

(Funnily enough when I was 15 we used to walk the 3 miles from Wolverhampton to Willenhall at midnight to go to Sammies allnighter, f8cked if I'd do that nowadays)

So I went on the net to find about prices for rooms at the Connaught and I ended up on a hotel reviews site. I think I'll still try and go to the do but give the stopover a miss :boxing:ohmy.gif

REVIEW

So, after getting lost on the way to this "hotel" and struggling to find the car park, I was pleased we managed to avoid every instinct within us to run for the hills and we entered the flimsy, dirt ridden "door".

You see, I was unaware that we had booked into a medieval, dungeon / torture themed hotel, and was impressed with the realism shown.

We were greeted by a suitably terrifying receptionist-come-bouncer and directed to lug our suitcases up the grotty stairs, which we felt was a nice touch.

After entering each of the three bedrooms we had booked, (and getting used to the stale, nicotene stench), we tried the "bathroom". The designers had gone to the trouble of actually removing the hot water, blackening the net curtains, stenciling brown stains in the bath and on the sheets and had placed a marvelously high-tech material across everything which, for the uneducated, would look uncannily like an inch of dust.

After being wowed by this ultra-sophisticated design technique, I tried to turn the (very small 1980's) television on and was delighted to find out that the ahead-of-their-time architects had not put all that clever medieval planning in to find the electricity worked and so, of course, that didnt work either.

Further inspection of the cupboards within the rooms led to the exciting discovery of painting and decorating materials inside. I think it is a marvellous selling point that the hotel caters for the creative artist if they feel they must conduit their muse there and then.

It would have been a terrific shame if the careful theming had not extended to the heating and, sure enough, the rooms were cold enough to see your own breath, which is a charming feature for children who miss playing in the snow.

The hotel also caters for the business traveller in need of morning exhiliration to start the day by providing a stone cold shower. Which is very kind.

Breakfast (which is not included within the price) was brought into the dining room (separated from the lounge by a hospital curtain. Obviously) on a delightful trolley. For those of you who may have been a little disgusted that this same trolley was used to transport dirty bin bags just seconds before, please do not be so prudish. I think the Michelin Star certificate must have been hidden away somewhere as I did not see it, but isn't it nice in this day and age that hotels are not boastful.

It was a truly memorable experience at the Connaught Hotel, which I heartily recommend if you are a unhygeinic, psychotic, masochistic individual who enjoys rolling around in dirt.

I WENT TO THIS VENUE WITH JOHN WESTON 5 YEAR AGO.

NOT IN THE BALLROOM,BUT THE SMALLER ROOM DOWNSTAIR.

DANCED BEHIND THE PILLERS @ THE BACK.

1ST TIME I HEARD ENTERTAINERS VERSION OF BOBBY PATERSONS IM IN LOVE.

DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THEM TILL 3 YEAER AFTER.

HAD A GREAT TIME,HOW CAN YOU NOT WHEN OOT WE WESTON.

its normally in the celler downstairs, on this occasion its in the big ballroom just for xmas.

I think pete was in pantomime again whistling.gif hope you all can make it, even if you dont stopover!!

Theres no rooms anyway Dawn...fully booked

hang on, I'm getting confused here, who's Dawnie Dingle and who's Mrs Soul or are they both the same person

Edited by Pete-S

Top night , over 100 people through the door with a busy dancefloor which is very encouraging considering it was only our third night at the venue. Highlight of the night was everyone dancing and getting covered in foam from the snow machine to The Invitatations "Ski-ing in the snow" Brilliant.

Will put some pics up later.

NICE TO SEE A GOOD HEALTY CROWD EVEN AS EARLY AS 8.45.I THINK THE NIGHT WAS A SUCCESS, TOO BAD WE HAD TO MISS THE SNOW, EVERY BODY WAS UP FOR A GOOD TIME

SORRY CAN'T MAKE THE NEXT ONE AS I'M DOING KEITH WILLIAMS SQUARE ONE IN CREWE BUT YOU'LL BE IN THE CAPABLE HANDS OF SCOTTY RETURN IN FEB HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR SESH :boxing: WOODY

Not to worry Woody the January one has been cancelled as we felt it was a little too close to the Xmas one a week later , so the next one is actually in Feb. We feel it will do the venue more justice this way. Thanks for a great spot last night , will speak to you soon.

Guest Dawnie

Theres no rooms anyway Dawn...fully booked

hang on, I'm getting confused here, who's Dawnie Dingle and who's Mrs Soul or are they both the same person

Hiya pete,

Dawnie Dingle was the shy one on the door with the purple tiara sippin pints of cider :yes:

Mrs soul is Lou Woody's wife hope this has helped with your confusion and hope you enjoyed the nite :thumbsup:

gallery_1363_860_32645.jpg

Guest Phil Richards

Not to worry Woody the January one has been cancelled as we felt it was a little too close to the Xmas one a week later , so the next one is actually in Feb. We feel it will do the venue more justice this way. Thanks for a great spot last night , will speak to you soon.

Did'nt think that we would make it, but eventually we did get there.... LATE very Late, apologies to all :rolleyes:

Nice to see everyone after recent events, Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support for Phil and myself. But especially for Phil, Would also like to say Thanks for your cards and text msgs.

Well for the short time that we were there it looked as though the party was in full swing, the dance floor was full and it was nice to see everyone enjoying themselves and in a party mood, snow machine was also a good laugh never saw so many adults trying to get infront of it, :shades: and Dawn how many did you have? ohmy.gif:D LOL

Well done to Craig & Chalky, Dawn & Sue. Top Night. :lol:

Oh and I've seen the pictures :D:wicked:

Sue & Phil