Steve S 60

Freegle

24 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Looking to get rid of some furniture so visited the Freegle web page for my area.  Not a lot being offered, but plenty of WANTS.  The stuff being offered gives the impression they can't be bothered to take their rubbish down to the tip.  On the other hand, the "wants" are pretty optimistic.  One poster has three separate wants.  The first for any Nintendo DS console and games, the second for a working PS3 console and games and the third for any PS4 games or accessories.  This beggar obviously isn't choosy, and seems to have covered all bases.  Call me cynical, but I would imagine any donations would be traded in against the latest games.  Tempted to reply, saying I've got a hoop and stick they can have, encouraging them to get off their fat arse and get some fresh air.

Never heard of this site till your post just been on my local freegle and cannot believe what some people have offered , a box of wash powder a bag of pegs and some part cans of emulsion ffs.

That is recycling to the extreme !

3 minutes ago, shinehead said:

Never heard of this site till your post just been on my local freegle and cannot believe what some people have offered , a box of wash powder a bag of pegs and some part cans of emulsion ffs.

That is recycling to the extreme !

....and amongst the wants there's probably someone wanting a washing machine.  Somebody is looking for a tumble dryer on our local site, as her daughter has moved into a flat that doesn't have one.  Get her a mangle.

Me neither .

The title of this thread is misleading !

I'm most disappointed that I've clicked and discovered there wasn't really an unwanted pet eagle which you were kindly giving away free to a good home,Steve.

3 minutes ago, shinehead said:

Never heard of this site 

2 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Me neither .

The title of this thread is misleading !

I'm most disappointed that I've clicked and discovered there wasn't really an unwanted pet eagle which you were kindly giving away free to a good home,Steve.

I'd not heard of it until the wife got rid of some filing cabinets from work.  Some guy picked them up with the intention of "upcycling" them, another term for painting them a garish colour and then selling them on for silly money.

This site should be great for a daily giggle , some of the things offered are mind boggling who would in their right minds would open the door to someone who turned up for a free bottle of '' Baby Bio'' plant food !

1 minute ago, Steve S 60 said:

Not after watching the latest series of Luther.

My thoughts  exactly lol

I would imagine though the person offering the Baby Bio and the person turning up at the door for it could be a match made in heaven .

Unless the donor is allergic to houseplants !

6 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Just come across the best want yet....

WANTED - Mannequin dummy, full bodied with arms and legs.  To train garden birds to eat out of my hand.

Believe it or not, further on down the page someone is offering a dressmakers dummy.  I suppose it's a start.  Just need advertise for a head, two arms and two legs.

16 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

WANTED - Mannequin dummy, full bodied with arms and legs.  To train garden birds to eat out of my hand.

It's probably this weirdo then in disguise..

Quote:

Handing down the sentence, the judge told Winters the course represented his "last chance" and added that the defendant should aim to establish an appropriate adult relationship with a partner rather than "walking around the centre of town in the dead of night being excited by mannequins".

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-who-aroused-mannequins-seen-15138378

Edited by Soulsides

12 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Do you live near Peckham ? if so maybe Del Boy might have a dodgy inflatable to spare for the person in question.

Somebody from Cumbria Master Composters (???) requires empty Nutella jars to use as incubators for worm eggs.

I'm going to have to add this website to my favourites.

4 minutes ago, shinehead said:

Do you live near Peckham ? if so maybe Del Boy might have a dodgy inflatable to spare for the person in question.

They could also advertise for a puncture repair kit.

Edited by Steve S 60

2 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Somebody from Cumbria Master Composters (???) requires empty Nutella jars to use as incubators for worm eggs.

Different class of worms up in Cumbria I would imagine with a penchant for Hazlenuts and Chocolate.

9 minutes ago, shinehead said:

Different class of worms up in Cumbria I would imagine with a penchant for Hazlenuts and Chocolate.

My daughter must have worms because she gets through jars of the stuff.  This is one of her Christmas presents....

20190113_135507.thumb.jpg.0310ea32f1363c11024412206b546410.jpg

Didn't use Freegle in the end, my daughter advertised the free stuff on Facebook instead.  Yesterday we gave away a Welsh dresser, four tables, twenty two chairs, eight stools and a fridge.  Somebody collected another six stools today, and the guy who collected the fridge is coming around tomorrow for a microwave oven.  The people who took the table and chairs are coming back for some bigger tables and a shelf unit.  They even gave me a business card in case we wanted to hire out their premises that we've just furnished for them.

Latest WANT on our local Freegle.....

"Anyone getting rid of a working carpet cleaner Anyone getting rid of some curtains needed to keep heat in a room"

I've offered them a scrubbing brush and bucket.  They can keep warm while manually cleaning the carpet.

this site is new to me, some weird stuff offered and asked for

also the attitude

"Hi I'm in need of a vacuum cleaner.prefer bagless will except (*accept) a cyclinder *must* be powerful and from pet free home. "

just do one love/mate

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.