Set Sale Of Mixed 45s

Weingarden

Prices in U.S. dollars. Postage: $4 U.S., $6 overseas for one record; $0.50 each additional in U.S., $1 each additional overseas. Registered airmail required for overseas orders over $75 for an additional $10. Note on condition: I don't use any EX grades; VG++ indicates an essentially new, clean record that's been played and may have a small number of paper scuffs or hair scratches that don't affect it much if at all beyond visually. Paypal preferred, and we split seller charges. Please don't PM me; e-mail me at finewine@wfmu.org to reserve

1. BOBBY FOSTER, "Where Do You Go"/"I'm So Glad"...All-time great soulful crossover...M-...slight storage warp doesn't affect play...15 HELD

2. JIMMY SCOTT, "I Want You"/inst. (Antonio)...Sweet 1978 ballad by the Detroit guy, not the sexually ambiguous crooner...VG+...10

3. RAY JONES, "Beat the Knees"/"Take Me Back to Norfold Town" (Wee-Too!)...Nice heavy slowish Philly funk, as hyped recently by Jazzman Gerald on his radio show. Very scarce...VG++...400

4. THE LOVATIONS, "I Can't Forget About You"/inst. (Cap City)...Funky girls w/break...M-...70

5. THE MUGS, "Music to Think By"/"Tortilla" (Jonny-A)...Titty-shaker/weird-gear instros w/break...M-...30

6. THE HOLIDAYS, "All That Is Required Is You"/"I'll Keep Coming Back" (instr.) (Revilot)...Dark and soulful with great falsetto lead vocal, hard drums, and folk-funky acoustic guitar, glaringly George Clintonesque in its off-kilter beauty...one of the toughest on the label; doesn't really turn up in Detroit (let's just say I've found more copies of Jackey Beavers in the past five years than of this one)...VG+...125

7. JESSIE AND THE MEL-O-TONES, "You Best Give It Up"/"I Loved You Too Much" (Top Hit)...Killer break-laden funk instro b/w great ballad...VG++...OFFERS

8. SHORTY AND THE JUNIOR KOOLS, "Jamming With Shorty" Pts. 1 & 2 (O.W.)...Rare and heavy New Jersey funk...M-...225

9. IKE LOVELY, "I Want It All"/"You're My Bad Habit" (Capitol promo)...Extraordinary hard-hitting funky soul on the A, killer deep ballad on the B: a two-sider for the ages...M-...175

10. THE MOON MAN, "The Moon Man Is Back"/"Moon Walk In" (Good Sounds)...Pounding lo-fi Chicago R&B dancer...tough one...VG+...100

11. LITTLE LEON & THE CARAVAN, "I Can't Let Her Go"/"Nice Woman" (Mutt)...Uptempo garage soul with, I'd imagine, mod appeal b/w midtempo ballad, nicely sung...M-...30

12. JACKIE MITTOO, "Clean Up"/"Spring Time" (Bamboo)...No idea what to charge for this...London label, small hole, writing on label, some type scratched out...VG...OFFERS?

13. "EMANUEL LASKEY," "You Better Quit It"/"Don't Lead Me On Baby" ("Thelma" 115)...Quote marks because it's an early-90s boot of unreleased versions of these songs, and not clear it's Laskey singing...great Detroit soul regardless...M-...20

14. WILLIE WEST, "It's Been So Long"/"Said to Myself" (Warner Bros.)...Tough to find with the B-side, which is solid New Orleans seventies funk...VG+...50

15. JAMES KELLY DUHON, "In School"/"Heart Breaker (Child Maker)" (Jude)...Uptempo funky soul with northern and funk and crossover appeal b/w ballad...VG+...labels reversed...35

16. FREDDIE TERRELL, "Soul Know How to Make Music"/"Respect Yourself" (Shout promo)...Highly recommended dance-floor destroyer which introduces the instruments one by one, building from just hand-claps and congas to a full frontal assault punctuated by stinging distorted guitar..."If you leave, don't you go far, Freddie Terrell gonna play his guitar!"...M-...100 (also a very DJ-able VG copy for 40)

17. TOMMY "T", "Love Makes the World Go Round"/"The Blues" (Inter/Soul)...Nice mid-seventies mid-tempo Detroit dancer...could see it going big in the right hands...(it's NOT the Deon Jackson song)...VG++...20

18. TIMMY WILLIS, "Give Me a Little Sign"/"Don't Want to Set Me Free" (Epic)...Major-label mayhem: A is superb crossover that often shows up as a same-on-both-sides promo; the elusive B is hard-as-nails funk for the dance floor with psychy guitar and raw vocal...1972...Detroit...Marlin McNichols (Counts, Lunar Funk, Bad Smoke, Earl English, etc., etc.) production...VG+...100

19. LOWELL FULSOM, "No Hard Feelings"/"Everyday I Have the Blues" (Kent)...Great "Tramp"-esque funk blues with breakbeat intro...M-...10

20. BILL DOGGETT, "The Kicker"/"Mudcat" (ABC-Paramount)...Cool organ-led titty shaker..."Kicker" is VG+, "Mudcat" M-, price sticker on label...8

21. GENE TAYLOR, "Don't Go Away"/"You Got My Nose Wide Open" (Minit)...Two beautiful sides, a deepie and a crossover gem...brilliant stuff written and arranged by a certain Bobby Womack...one of my favorites on the label...VG...20

22. JAMES PHELPS, "Fabulous One"/"The Wrong Number" (Fontana promo)...Two soulful sixties sides by this Sam Cooke-sounding guy...Listed in Tim Brown as northern with a price rating of 50...VG++...35

23. THE SEQUINS, "I've Got to Overcome"/"Hey Romeo" (Gold Star)...Nice dancey northern/crossover girl group produced by Willie Mitchell in Memphis...VG++...12

24. THE CROWNS, "Call Me"/"Since You've Been Gone" (Pama)...More info here: https://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4737161338 ...Record is VG+ w/sticker and stamp, sleeve VG w/one-inch seam split and stamps...30

25. Ask about LPs including Pazant Bros., El Klan, Guito y su Conjunto...

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!