Northern soul police strike again

ovo eh? yes where possible,but if none of the jocks on the night have an original karmello brooks to hand and one has a boot AND  its been asked for several times,then imo it should be played to make the paying punters happy [ the same punters that keep the venue going] ,we've all been to see dj's with great records play safe ,should we therefore pay more for a dj with a superb collection and less for a dj with a lousy collection? there are simply too many of us chasing too few originals, ie i'd love a George pepp,fat chance,so what do you do? another thing I have a couple of unreleased motown acetates,should I play them because they're not official ? and I'm yet to watch a paying customer stand over a dj watching what labels being played.

Social source share

1 minute ago, petegroover said:

ovo eh? yes where possible,but if none of the jocks on the night have an original karmello brooks to hand and one has a boot AND  its been asked for several times,then imo it should be played to make the paying punters happy [ the same punters that keep the venue going] ,we've all been to see dj's with great records play safe ,should we therefore pay more for a dj with a superb collection and less for a dj with a lousy collection? there are simply too many of us chasing too few originals, ie i'd love a George pepp,fat chance,so what do you do? another thing I have a couple of unreleased motown acetates,should I play them because they're not official ? and I'm yet to watch a paying customer stand over a dj watching what labels being played.

When I run Winsford Nighter.  Every DJ got paid the same regardless of reputation or collection. 

Why would a DJ have a Karmello Brooks bootleg with him. ?

Why didn't the DJ, s just tell the punter the truth and say haven't got one. ? 

Unreleased Motown acetates ( not official) bootlegs then. ? 

George Pepp. If you haven't got one you can't play it. 

Steve 

Social source share

9 minutes ago, petegroover said:

thanks for passing on your views

just so aware gonna close this as feel an ovo topic break is needed on here for a few days at least

nought to do with your post, just a couple of other ovo topics/posts have  caused some bad feelings etc and do feel a break is needed

thanks

mike 

• Up vote 3
Social source share