IanP

'Other' things you do at weekensds.....

if I haven't had enough spare time during the week then at the weekends I do a lot of beatmaking in my little recording studio,i spend time listening to records, chopping up drumbreaks, sampling stuff and laying down ideas for new tracks or work on mixing existing ones ,i also sometimes do a bit of work on the acoustic guitars that I've built myself. 

I play a lot of slide guitar and like to learn old Delta blues and folk songs,I give the occasional music lesson to a couple of people who are just starting out and more often than not get roped in to singing and playing  my drunken renditions of Elvis Costello songs for my so called mates who turn up unannounced on a Saturday night to drink my rum!..

On Sundays I can usually be found somewhat slightly dazed just  trying to remember what the hell I did the night before to be perfectly honest while the missus cooks the Sunday lunch,refuses my feeble offers of help and scolds me for my 'bold behaviour'!  .

Edited by Soulsides

Motor Cycle Trials brings back memories. Used to run them at America Farm over top of Sutton In Craven in '60's and of course the Lampkins from nearby Silsden were absolutely dominant. Lots of rain, mud mixed liberally with fumes and whats not to like ! I was only about knee high so used to squeeze between peoples legs to get a good look and of course stay out if sight because I wasn't supposed to be there.

2 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Motor Cycle Trials brings back memories. Used to run them at America Farm over top of Sutton In Craven in '60's and of course the Lampkins from nearby Silsden were absolutely dominant. Lots of rain, mud mixed liberally with fumes and whats not to like ! I was only about knee high so used to squeeze between peoples legs to get a good look and of course stay out if sight because I wasn't supposed to be there.

Thing about retirement is everydays a 'weekend' so much the same as any other day. Large portion I'm outside as I cover around 130 to 140 kms a week which keeps me occupied.

Edited by Steve C

Weekends I do the same as I do in the week, restore classic land Rovers, whereas during the week I'll do commissioned builds for my customers, at weekends I do my own for trading.

I also have a TY175, a Sherco 290, 1970 Bultaco Sherpa T, Husqvarna CR 390, I do cars, bikes, 4x4s, stationary engines, one-arm bandits, vintage fishing tackle, petroliana, vending machines, model railway locos, first editions of occult books, victorian bottles, make sigils from wood, polished aluminium, also aluminium occult jewelry, vintage stringed instruments and amps. There is usually someone around at weekend talking about any of the subjects listed there, I also love to drink anytime that I don't have to drive, although I have cut down hugely on that one!

Friday and Saturday nights I'm out on the cabaret circuit with Cornwall's premier golden oldies dance band.

'Er Indoors works regular weekends in a hospital so I'm mostly free to do my own thing.

When the planets are suitably aligned we go to Soul events.

Oh and then there's the grandkids...

Dull it isn't! :hatsoff2: 

16 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Weekends I do the same as I do in the week, restore classic land Rovers, whereas during the week I'll do commissioned builds for my customers.

I hear Prince Philip's possibly in the market for  a new Land Rover...:wicked:

Edited by Soulsides

34 minutes ago, jazz said:

I’m going back to clay pigeon shooting shot every week for years shot for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire shot in world and European championships then just stopped going

spent an afternoon doing that recently, I was rubbish, 50/50 hit/miss, lots of fun though

1 minute ago, shufflin said:

spent an afternoon doing that recently, I was rubbish, 50/50 hit/miss, lots of fun though

Yes it’s great fun but frustrating like most sports I was lucky  to be sponsored as it can get costly in the big events my new boss is gonna sponsor me again 👍

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.