JIMMY JAMES HEY GIRL on DELTA

Scootboy

Something doesn't seem right about the 45- "I Am Somebody" came out on U.S. Pye so I'm not sure what 

it's doing on this smaller label. Isn't the flip side "Moon River" by Greyhound?

There are a few sales on Popsike, two of them describe the 45 as a "reissue for the Beach Music" crowd. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

I checked that many DELTA releases are unofficial but this one is marked as promo only,

I don't know,I'm confused,

45 Cat rates DELTA in general, as a reissue company,

Hey Girl, Delta release dated back to 1975 ?

https://www.45cat.com/record/dr803

Please don't be confused as someone on here will hopefully know

The problem with vinyl re-issues is that they have been  bootlegged and re-issued legitimately as well over the decades and sadly there are so many, that people ending up not knowing, it's been going on for years and is so much more happening now with the technology more available

However, people are often scared to tell the truth if they do know (I don't know why)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Saw him too at Newark about ten years ago , think he was on at skegness weekender couple of years ago , so still doing the rounds . You don.t stand a chance album as been mentioned, track 4 a nice tune , 'supicious love' & his version of' chains of love' is a stormer too,for lovers of mid seventys soul music.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

nice song, and the LP can be bought in mint condition for next to nothing

I wonder what happened, there's loads of cheap mint LP's (deleted copies), so record label must of over estimated popularity  at the time

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!