Jimmy Mack Who was he ? Found one of the writers

1 hour ago, chalky said:

Waiting for him to respond to friend request , I've also messaged him.  He doesn't seems very active.

If not try one of his friends or perhaps he has family on there, It might be worth getting some others on to this like Robb K and Billy etc

I have been digging about the label hoping to lead me down other paths and have found this out.

Irving Biegel was Manager at Palmer after leaving Golden World and Motown and his assistant was Al Rosner who was also at Golden World so there is such a clear Berry Gordy connection  :)

Palmer's manufacturing was the famous Handleman company

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
family
Social source share

4 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Palmer's manufacturing was the famous Handleman company

I spoke to a number of people at the Handleman Company in the 90s .... including a guy who been working there since the 60s and he remembered Palmer Records ... he was very helpful and searched for me but nothing left at all .. be it 45s, master tapes, paperwork .. all long gone

Andy

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

I spoke to a number of people at the Handleman Company in the 90s .... including a guy who been working there since the 60s and he remembered Palmer Records ... he was very helpful and searched for me but nothing left at all .. be it 45s, master tapes, paperwork .. all long gone

Andy

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I get the impression that Palmer wer,nt up to much when it came to promoting records.As many releases are promo only,Al williams,jt rythm,Jimmy mack.And others the stock copy are more scarce,Tommy Neal,Peoples choice.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!